Dominique Robinson film review

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Quite the motor on this kid. The most surprising part for me is his spatial awareness and play recognition. Really good eyes. I didn't expect him to be this far along in his development considering how raw he was coming out. Testament to him and the coaching staff.

mecha

Liked Posts:
I like the direction this team is going. it would be amazing if they net 7 wins or more given the gravity of the talent situation.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
He looks fantastic. I had no idea until today that he's already 24 years old. That kind of sucks.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Here’s what I said about him after my training camp visit:

“Ok, let’s talk about another impressive looking rookie and that’s Dominique Robinson. This dude is quick and fast. On one rep, he backed out of his stance at DE and was out in the flat covering in a split second.

Coming up the field, he can flat out fly for a DE. I’m sure there are a number of techniques they need to teach him, but man the intangibles are there.”

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Dude was beasting out there. Great vid

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I didn't realize he was that close to having 4 sacks. Obviously the 1-hand sack was beautiful. The 1/2 sack near the goaline could have been given to just him as well. And then 2 tackles on the QB after a very short gain. But he did it in every possible way too. Beat McGlinchey, beat an All-Pro in Williams, won lining up on the inside, and then almost got 1 on a stunt. Quinn is great, but he only comes at you in 1 way. He's going to line up over the LT and speed rush. Having a guy like Robinson that has that level of versatility is huge.

And the hustle is excellent. He was flying around the field. He certainly has earned himself some more reps going forward.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I didn't realize he was that close to having 4 sacks. Obviously the 1-hand sack was beautiful. The 1/2 sack near the goaline could have been given to just him as well. And then 2 tackles on the QB after a very short gain. But he did it in every possible way too. Beat McGlinchey, beat an All-Pro in Williams, won lining up on the inside, and then almost got 1 on a stunt. Quinn is great, but he only comes at you in 1 way. He's going to line up over the LT and speed rush. Having a guy like Robinson that has that level of versatility is huge.

And the hustle is excellent. He was flying around the field. He certainly has earned himself some more reps going forward.
#hustletackles

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:

Yeah im not going to lie. I didn't expect much from Robinson this year, or really ever. I figured a "toolsy" guy that has barely played the position would get eaten up in the run game and would have to learn moves to be effective pass rushing. I'll be thrilled if he continues to prove me wrong.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

For sure. He needs to add some more rush tools to his arsenal. Right now he has the outside speed rush and the inside double swipe which is great, but I don't know if his outside rush will ever be devastating enough (Like a Quinn type) for him to be able to rely on it and counter effectively with one inside move. He seems more of a length player than a bender off the edge.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Yeah im not going to lie. I didn't expect much from Robinson this year, or really ever. I figured a "toolsy" guy that has barely played the position would get eaten up in the run game and would have to learn moves to be effective pass rushing. I'll be thrilled if he continues to prove me wrong.
I thought he'd be buried on the depth chart this year, especially after they signed Kingsley Jonathan (whoever the hell that is). But he was my favorite Bears pick this year (one of my favorites for any team). He's a freak who was a WR just like 2 years ago. Really thought he would take time to develop into games like Sunday.

Menchifus

Liked Posts:
Crazy for a guy who's only been playing DE for 2 years. And one of those years was a Covid year. His agility comes from having played WR all his life. That signature hop-swipe move that makes it look like he's teleporting is probably from running routes as a WR.

I hope he can add a couple more go-to moves as he's not very good at bull rushing or bending around the corner.