Dominique Robinson (FTO allowed)

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Finally the Bears have a GM who knows how to draft in the mid rounds! More DomRob and Braxs, less Gipsons and Vildors!
Vildor wasn't bad at all. Gipson also was not a bad pick, he's going to have to pick it up though if he wants to be more than DE4 if Robinson is going to play like this!

dentfan

No gods! No Masters!
Liked Posts:
Steal of the 2022 HISTORIC DRAFT?

Discuss

He might not make DROY but he showed he can get to the QB while potentially holding down a back emergency QB role if Feilds goes down.
I really want to argue this: a S Brisker is balling, a WR that is just so fast, a RB that looks like a dangerous kick returner, and a potential starting LT. BUT, a pass rusher that can hold his own against the run? He had almost as many tackles as Roquan! I think he had more sacks than all the first round EDGEs that were drafted. Shit, I think he had the most sacks of ANY rookie!

With exactly how premium of a position pass rushers is, a DE that was drafted in the 5th round and is just learning the position. You may be right. You just may you crazy diamond!

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I saw Gordon out of place a few times. But I didn't keep tabs on the secondary and I thought the defense as a whole held their own.

also TO differential is key. Every team that succeeds has a positive TO differential.
CB might be the most difficult transition to the NFL after QB. It's inevitable they get smoked now and then as a rookie

But shit, it's a huge accomplishment to start at all as a rook CB

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Gordon did fine IMO. 6 tackles and 1 TFL is good for a nickel.

He got beat once on a crossing route when Lance had a clean pockett. Most guys are going to get beat in those conditions on crossing routes if the QB has time to pass.

bears51/40

Liked Posts:
I really want to argue this: a S Brisker is balling, a WR that is just so fast, a RB that looks like a dangerous kick returner, and a potential starting LT. BUT, a pass rusher that can hold his own against the run? He had almost as many tackles as Roquan! I think he had more sacks than all the first round EDGEs that were drafted. Shit, I think he had the most sacks of ANY rookie!

With exactly how premium of a position pass rushers is, a DE that was drafted in the 5th round and is just learning the position. You may be right. You just may you crazy diamond!
All that natural talent. Just think how good Robinson can become when he actually learns how to play DE.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

He got beat once on a crossing route when Lance had a clean pockett. Most guys are going to get beat in those conditions on crossing routes if the QB has time to pass.
yeah thats nice and all but did you know that Fields only had 121 yards passing in this perfect weather? What a fucking bust

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Finally the Bears have a GM who knows how to draft in the mid rounds! More DomRob and Braxs, less Gipsons and Vildors!
Gipson and Vildor are starting as 5th round picks.
Not perfect but beating out everyone else for that spot. I think any team in the league would take that play for that round.

CaliBearFan

Liked Posts:
Robinson came up big on a day where you knew Quinn's pass rush style was going to get neutralized by the conditions and the field surface. Quinn still made it so the QB had to stay up in the pocket but we needed someone else to capitalize and Robinson showed up. Looking forward to seeing how it all looks on a more typical weather day.
Quinn was also going against arguably the best LT in the league. Most consider him the best.
I think it highlights the HITS principles that Quinn started getting home in the second half.
I couldn't be more proud of the patience of this team. Today means so much for this team.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Jaquan Brisker and Robinson look like studs

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:

Yeah. He had some really nice tackles too. A few in the open field as well. He's stout at that aspect of the game. Similar to Fuller when he was here but with more of a presence physically.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Brisker looked like an all pro at the safety spot. The dude is so good. He is going to be the best safety in the league, might already be.
I am very optimistic about Brisker, but literally the only defensive play I got to see yesterday was one where he completely whiffed on a run by Lance and SF got a first down when Brisker should have easily stopped him short. But I don't worry because of the one play, especially in those conditions.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Gipson and Vildor are starting as 5th round picks.
Not perfect but beating out everyone else for that spot. I think any team in the league would take that play for that round.
There's two ways to look at that. They're playing because we didn't draft anyone better, regardless of round. We all here were unhappy Vildor was kept on the roster and now it's a great pick because he's starting? No.

If your 5th rounder makes the pro bowl, that's one thing. But beating out other guys picked late? Nah.

Chris Conte was a late round pick who was a "starting" safety because we waited until the late rounds to pick all our safeties, not because he was good.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
CB might be the most difficult transition to the NFL after QB. It's inevitable they get smoked now and then as a rookie

But shit, it's a huge accomplishment to start at all as a rook CB
CB is one of the most difficult positions in all of sports.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
I am very optimistic about Brisker, but literally the only defensive play I got to see yesterday was one where he completely whiffed on a run by Lance and SF got a first down when Brisker should have easily stopped him short. But I don't worry because of the one play, especially in those conditions.
Um that's a strange way to have a opinion about a players play when you literally watched only one play that player had to make a play in especially when he didn't acturally whiff at all but acturally obviously made contact but sipped right off of Lance because Lance was soaking wet yet literally had a head full of steam and Brisker just didn't have a good angle or position to make the play, then literally every other play other then that one was good to great so basically he was the opposite of anything you could "worry about."