Dominique Wilkins Attacked by NBA Referee

Liked Posts:
Dominique Wilkins, one of my absolute favorite players of all-time attacked after doing his Hawks telecast last night...by a former NBA referee!?

http://www.foxsportssouth.com/msn/0...wks.html?blockID=494298&feedID=3703&gt1=39002

No other player in the history of sports is as under-praised or under-appreciated as Wilkins.

This guy was a 30 point scorer for YEARS. Had nearly 27,000 points. He scored 47 points with Larry Bird guarding him in a Game 7.

How on earth could this guy not be on the 50 greatest players list but Billy Cunningham does (those committees just love putting the white guys on these lists - anyone remember Bill Bradley being named a FIRST BALLOT HALL OF FAMER JUST BECAUSE HE'S A POLITICIAN BUT ELGIN BAYLOR WASN'T A FIRST BALLOT)? How could he not have been on the Dream Team but Chris Mullin does?

And now he gets attacked in his own city!? Are you kidding me? I realize the Hawks have moved on from the Omni but even in Phillips, this guy is due some respect.

He made plenty of All-Star teams and went to the Hall of Fame (maybe even on Dream team II but when he was 35 years old) but I don't know...

Someone averages 12 points a game now and everyone goes nuts and puts them on 8 All-Star teams and gives them MVP votes. Dominique scores 26,000 points and scores 47 on Larry Bird and the Celtics and he's left off the 50 greatest and the Dream Team.

Doesn't make sense.

Last edited:

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
it wasnt a whole city that attacked him... it seems it was for personal reasons (guy claims nique owes him money). i dont think he was trying to represent the city of atlanta in his actions, just tryin to get paid and/or start something. the guy obviously wasnt thinking straight.

i agree that he was under-appreciated, maybe not to the extent that youre claiming, but yes he was underrated

Liked Posts:
You don't think Nique should have been named a 50 greatest player? You disagree that he belonged on the Dream Team?

Whose more of an under rated great player in sports than him?

i agree that he was under-appreciated, maybe not to the extent that youre claiming, but yes he was underrated

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
i dunno man. im pretty sure there are more underrated athletes than him. i mean, you made a pretty broad statement, that he was the most underrated in ALL sports. i dont know enough about ALL sports to agree with that one, just sounds like a bit of a stretch

Liked Posts:
I couldn't think of another example of a great player in the history of sports as under-rated and under-appreciated as Wilkins. It's hard.

How is it a stretch when you and I both have failed to provide a single example?

Doesn't that verify he IS?

i dunno man. im pretty sure there are more underrated athletes than him. i mean, you made a pretty broad statement, that he was the most underrated in ALL sports. i dont know enough about ALL sports to agree with that one, just sounds like a bit of a stretch

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Dominique should have been on the top 50 list...he was underrated by that committee, most people understand his place in NBA history...

Last edited:

Glide2keva

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There's a couple of guys in cricket who are begging for attention.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
Dominique, another great player, who was overshadowed by MJ? Atlanta aint a big market to begin with, so i will buy that underrated status, but back to the topic; that dude came up to Nique on some tryna' get his money shit, but he should been on some fighting shit!

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
well, like i said, i dont know enough about ALL SPORTS to be claiming that nique is the most underrated in ALL OF SPORTS. im sure theres some soccer player, maybe a hockey player that might be as underrated, but i cant say, because i only know about basketball and nothing else. nba basketball to be specific, there could be a college player more underrated than him. i dont know.

just because you and i couldnt find another underrated athlete doesnt mean no one else can

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Video shows wilks is the aggressor.

Undisputed

Liked Posts:
This story is just too funny. The altercation was about unpaid suits from Michel's(the ex-referee) business, at least that's according to one source I read. Has any footage of the fight surfaced?

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C1PXMRBUfk]YouTube - Dominique Wilkins Fight With Rashan S Michel..Hawks vs. Magic 2011[/ame]

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
AP News

man, nique got him good.

i guess he was trying to prove that his overhand right was also underrated.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Damn, dude got lit up. Maybe he should be in MMA, not Hershel Walker.