Don’t look now but both Mahomes and Watson are running neck and neck for MVP......

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Mahomes doing Mahomes things.... while Watson is quietly putting together a monster year — even without DeAndre Hopkins. Both are in the running for MVP with Mahomes in the lead because of team success and just otherworldly numbers but Watson will get MVP consideration.

My question is —- how did we miss so badly? Out of the 3 to be picked high that day, how come we picked the lemon???

This is a fireable offense in and of itself — especially when you factor in Pace’s reasoning for picking the Lemon and for not even giving Watson the normal treatment afforded potential high picks at QB —- but when you add in everything else that Pace has done poorly, it is a no-brainer that he should be fired after this year.

Barring injury, 2 potential first ballot Hall of Famers... 2 players with the POTENTIAL the be the GOAT (especially Mahomes).... and we pass on them and pick the lemon. Inexcusable. Pace has to go!

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
inb4 "bcuz he WAHCIST"

To be fair, nobody knew Mahomes would go God-mode. In most every mock draft he was the consensus 3rd or 4th QB behind guys like Watson, Trubisky and even Kizer.

But many Bears fans said at the time Watson was the obvious pick and give them credit. They were right.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Watson isnt even in the top 15 for MVP odds. What a stupid fucking thread.

Payton34Sayers40

Liked Posts:
Pretty sure the Bears would have ruined both of them too but im with ya. Fuckin Fuck Shit Fuck!

I don’t know about that. Watson is proving very clearly that no matter who is coaching, Watson is going to ball out. He was being coached by one of the worst coaches in the game - Watson was still Watson - and then that coach got fired and his best receiver got traded — and Watson is still Watson.

I am sure Mahomes would be doing the same thing. Some guys are so good that even boneheaded coaches can’t hold them back.

BearsJR

Liked Posts:
How did Pace miss? People kept calling Mahomes the next Cutler, Pace wanted no part of that. Watson was the easy pick, but Mitch, if he picked Mitch and he was great, then Pace is a genius. And by all evidence Pace fancies himself the smartest guy in the room, even when he’s getting hosed out of draft picks.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Is there a story behind this picture - I feel like I'm missing something...
Don't know the story behind it. I just remember it popping up last season when everyone was calling for Pace to speak as his QB shit the bed over and over again.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
In case ppl haven't seen the recent QB stats....lol.

deshuan-mahomes.PNG

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
No quarterback with a 4 game losing streak and a .500 record has ever been named MVP of the league.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No quarterback with a 4 game losing streak and a .500 record has ever been named MVP of the league.

This. Voters won't give a fuck about a team that goes 6-10/7-9

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
As Hawk Harrelson once said... don't tell me what you did. Tell me when you did it.

Watson has not elevated his team when it mattered. Not this year, not last year either. Is it his fault this year? Probably not. His supporting cast has been horrible. But to win MVP, you need to go above and beyond. He has not come close to doing that. Maybe he will get an MVP at some point, but not this year.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
According to Op’s logic me and Jimmy Page are neck and neck as the best guitar players of the 1970’s

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Donator
Liked Posts:
As Hawk Harrelson once said... don't tell me what you did. Tell me when you did it.

Watson has not elevated his team when it mattered. Not this year, not last year either. Is it his fault this year? Probably not. His supporting cast has been horrible. But to win MVP, you need to go above and beyond. He has not come close to doing that. Maybe he will get an MVP at some point, but not this year.

True. But I remember ppl saying Watson wouldn't be shit without Hopkins and was about the same as Mitch.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
True. But I remember ppl saying Watson wouldn't be shit without Hopkins and was about the same as Mitch.

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?
I was on the Mitch bandwagon until last year. He sucks.

Watson is very good. Always thought this and wanted to draft him. He is not in Mahomes league though. He just isn't. He is top 10 though easily. Maybe top 5.

bamainatlanta

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

He's done a good job cleaning up vs scrub teams. Wish he was here though