Don't expect a new coach...

KPBears

Liked Posts:
for at least a few more years. The Bears are tied to Cutler through at least the end of the 2016/17 season. No good coach with options will want to come over to the Bears if he can't bring in his own guy at QB. And with the money Cutler's making, I just don't see the McCaskeys allowing Trestman and Emery to bench him (and for all the hate on Jay, much of it deserved, he is still a top 10-15 QB, and Clausen should only play if the goal is to finish 3-13). Either the current regime finds a way to right the ship in the next 2 and a half seasons, or the Bears will clean house, meaning at least an additional 2 or 3 losing years. That being the case, I really hope the current guys figure it out. Otherwise we're looking at 5 years that will make us long for the days of Wannstedt and Jauron.

cjswan232482

Liked Posts:
Tressman and Cutler are tied together. Next year's schedule should be easier and it is hot seat time.

mecha

Liked Posts:
don't expect this to become a good thread.

I think he makes valid points. we don't have any say in it anyway so I don't get why he'd get crucified over it.

it sucks all around. much hope going into this season lost.

mecha

Liked Posts:
There are lots of guys who would gladly coach the Bears with Cutler.

There are 32 of these jobs, guys don't turn their nose up because of one player.

yeah either the guy is good enough to start or they replace them. I think with how the team's problems are with the entire team it's an issue with the culture and coaching from the top down.

Rise

Liked Posts:
Tressman and Cutler are tied together. Next year's schedule should be easier and it is hot seat time.

We play the nfc and afc west next year. At least on paper I would not call that easier. If we stay in 3rd place we would get the Falcons and Giants if things hold as well.

NE.Rugger

Liked Posts:

That's what I'm kind of afraid of. I just hope we can have a solid defensive roster and system by that time. I can't see how this offense struggling this much with the pieces we have.

Josh2J

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Gruden will take em.... he loves Cutty the "Gunslinger"...

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
for at least a few more years. The Bears are tied to Cutler through at least the end of the 2016/17 season. No good coach with options will want to come over to the Bears if he can't bring in his own guy at QB. And with the money Cutler's making, I just don't see the McCaskeys allowing Trestman and Emery to bench him (and for all the hate on Jay, much of it deserved, he is still a top 10-15 QB, and Clausen should only play if the goal is to finish 3-13). Either the current regime finds a way to right the ship in the next 2 and a half seasons, or the Bears will clean house, meaning at least an additional 2 or 3 losing years. That being the case, I really hope the current guys figure it out. Otherwise we're looking at 5 years that will make us long for the days of Wannstedt and Jauron.
Nice post. The Bears have never shown any urgency to make necessary changes when needed. They always wait till contracts are fully expired and the coach has been given multiple chances. We are nowhere near Trestman being bounced

mecha

Liked Posts:
totally unreasonable teams like the Raiders abandon ship on a coach 1-2 years in. it's also the reason they're gonna continue to suck, cause they have zero continuity. maybe this is just a growing pain year for the Bears, but it's entirely implausible. they maintained the same exact offense and "improved" the defense. by all counts, they should be performing well above how well they had last year, not way below.

they're stuck with Cutler too. he needs to see a brain surgeon or something.

Desperado34

Liked Posts:

There are 32 of these jobs, guys don't turn their nose up because of one player.
Harbaugh comes to mind..

Oh, and so does Bruce Arians. Who waited on Bears because he wanted to coach Jay.

Fuck you emery.

-Cago34-

CCS Mock Draft Champion
Donator
Liked Posts:
shut up girlyman

UGH

Hiccup!

Bearshomer

Liked Posts:
totally unreasonable teams like the Raiders abandon ship on a coach 1-2 years in. it's also the reason they're gonna continue to suck, cause they have zero continuity. maybe this is just a growing pain year for the Bears, but it's entirely implausible. they maintained the same exact offense and "improved" the defense. by all counts, they should be performing well above how well they had last year, not way below.

they're stuck with Cutler too. he needs to see a brain surgeon or something.

Trestman is not a normal case. He was perhaps the biggest reach at head coach for any team in years, looks completely unqualified, the team has become worse both of his first two years, and he might have lost them. He also has no connections in the NFL and nobody is likely going to want to come here as an assistant for him next year as he's on the hot seat. To boot the team has actual talent.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:

Yeah but no one who's going to get us to the dance. Only incompetent baboons like Lovie and Trestman.