Don't like Sports Mockery but it can be fun to read: Sean Payton to the Bears possibility

vanavyman

Liked Posts:
They have an article for every coach in the NFL coming to Chicago but at least I like this one. Pointing out how Pace might be able to save his job if he can convince Payton to come to Chicago. Supposably they are good friends from working together for years. A trade for Payton would be expensive but I'd like the results. TB won the Super Bowl after trading for Gruden several years ago. I would like this setup. Tracy Armstrong - President of Football Operations, Ryan Pace - GM, Sean Payton HC. When the Bears are 4-10 there has to be other things to talk about.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
They have an article for every coach in the NFL coming to Chicago but at least I like this one. Pointing out how Pace might be able to save his job if he can convince Payton to come to Chicago. Supposably they are good friends from working together for years. A trade for Payton would be expensive but I'd like the results. TB won the Super Bowl after trading for Gruden several years ago. I would like this setup. Tracy Armstrong - President of Football Operations, Ryan Pace - GM, Sean Payton HC. When the Bears are 4-10 there has to be other things to talk about.
I would love Sean Payton. Also, it's "Supposedly," not "supposably." "Supposedly" means allegedly. "Supposably" means as may be conceived or imagined.

knoxville7

I have the stride of a gazelle
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Tennessee Volunteers
Pretty sure the bears don’t need to give away any more draft capital

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:

Dumbass posting dumbass stuff.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
Looks like I failed the spelling test. But I make $165,000 a year so my spelling doesn't really bother me.
LMAO. Congrats! Supposably, that's a lot for you.

Fun Inflation Fact: $165,000 today is roughly equivalent to $99,000 in 1999!

Last edited:

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah but that 6th rounder is going to make the best two tackles you've ever seen in your life.
I can see members of this board, talking him up and how they liked Funyuns ability to shed blocks at a D3 school
OaTB.gif

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Sean Payton would be a dream hire, but without their 1st round pick this year, I don't think it's something they could even consider.

It cost TB 2 1st's and 2 2nd's to trade for Jon Gruden back in the day. If the Bears gave away 2 1st's and 2 2's, they would be without a 1st round pick for the next 3 years. Is that worth Sean Payton? I don't think so.

The Bucs were already a ready-to-win team when Gruden got there, so the draft picks didn't seem to matter as much as they would to the Bears, who are in the complete opposite situation. I just don't see trading for a coach as a realistic option for this team no matter how much I'd love to have Sean Payton.