Don't worry about 2023, it's all about 2024 **Bear FTO** Mods free to ban offenders.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Sample size is too small to be relevant, but, based on the evidence you are using, it is safe to surmise JF is a complete failure as a QB.
Thanks for your clarification of needed sample sizes to draw this conclusion.
Have a nice day, and thank you for choosing to talk about the Lions in this thread, dedicated to the Bears.
Goff has been in the league since 2016. How much more sample size do you need?

Canth

Liked Posts:
You tell me, up to this point the conversation has been about Goff and the Lions offense.
Yeah, in a thread that was supposed to be about the Bears roster outlook….

No one really gives a damn about Goff here.

Please stop talking.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
The Rams responded to Goff losing the Super Bowl by giving up a 1st round pick to get rid of him.

After the Rams lost the SB with Goff, they responded by giving him a record setting extension. Your statement was full of shit. Now eat it.

Jared Goff then went to another Pro-bowl..........with the Lions.

It does not matter what the Rams did or did not think at the time of the trade, what matters is did Goff add value to the trade after the fact?
The clear answer is yes. So now, please STFU.
It does matter what the Rams thought because I said quite clearly that they gave up a first to get rid of him. So the only thing that is relevant is whether that statement is true which it is. I never argued about his value after the fact except to say until he wins a Super Bowl, the Rams were right.

No one gives a shit about the Pro Bowl. You play to win Super Bowls. My comment was always about the fact that he failed to win a Super Bowl despite that Rams team being loaded and having the No 1 defense. Pro Bowls don't change that fact. Only Super Bowls would.

You asked why we felt good about the Bears roster despite the Lions arguably having more talent. It is because Fields has potential and Goff wasted his potential by failing miserably when it mattered most. The fact you are pretending you don't understand that just makes you look stupid. If he Lions had the exact same roster but a young QB like a Young or Stroud or Richardson, people would be more excited. People don't get excited when you are trotting out a QB who has failed time and time again in the playoffs despite elite talent. This Lions roster is not better than the Rams rosters that Goff already lost the Super Bowl with.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It does matter what the Rams thought because I said quite clearly that they gave up a first to get rid of him. So the only thing that is relevant is whether that statement is true which it is. I never argued about his value after the fact except to say until he wins a Super Bowl, the Rams were right.

No one gives a shit about the Pro Bowl. You play to win Super Bowls. My comment was always about the fact that he failed to win a Super Bowl despite that Rams team being loaded and having the No 1 defense. Pro Bowls don't change that fact. Only Super Bowls would.

You asked why we felt good about the Bears roster despite the Lions arguably having more talent. It is because Fields has potential and Goff wasted his potential by failing miserably when it mattered most. The fact you are pretending you don't understand that just makes you look stupid. If he Lions had the exact same roster but a young QB like a Young or Stroud or Richardson, people would be more excited. People don't get excited when you are trotting out a QB who has failed time and time again in the playoffs despite elite talent. This Lions roster is not better than the Rams rosters that Goff already lost the Super Bowl with.
The Rams responded to Goff losing the Super Bowl by giving up a 1st round pick to get rid of him.

After the Rams lost the SB with Goff, they responded by giving him a record setting extension. Your statement was full of shit. Now eat it

Goff is 3-3 in the playoffs.

mecha

Liked Posts:

After the Rams lost the SB with Goff, they responded by giving him a record setting extension. Your statement was full of shit. Now eat it

I remember Goff being the #1 sought after quarterback in the 2016 draft. the fuck off for Goff sweepstakes. he was drafted #1 overall. I would expect him to be like super good. people can make all the jokes they want about the Lions but that's not a halfass assembled team. I would consider him an underachiever.

Cousins in contrast was drafted in the 4th round. Cousins' numbers dwarf Goff's, despite playing a little longer, but being backup to RGIII for the difference.

Goff just really isn't that good and hasn't lived up to his draft status. I don't know why you continue to defend him. Matt Stafford was superior to him with the same 2 teams. you're praying to the wrong god.

nc0gnet0

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I remember Goff being the #1 sought after quarterback in the 2016 draft. the fuck off for Goff sweepstakes. he was drafted #1 overall. I would expect him to be like super good. people can make all the jokes they want about the Lions but that's not a halfass assembled team. I would consider him an underachiever.

Cousins in contrast was drafted in the 4th round. Cousins' numbers dwarf Goff's, despite playing a little longer, but being backup to RGIII for the difference.

Goff just really isn't that good and hasn't lived up to his draft status. I don't know why you continue to defend him. Matt Stafford was superior to him with the same 2 teams. you're praying to the wrong god.
You seem to be confused. I never said Goff was Elite.
I never said he lived up to his draft status. (yet)
I never said he was better than Cousins or Stafford.

So, you seem to be a little confused.

Things I have said:

He is better than Fields (to date)
He was an asset in the trade from LA (not the liability Remy is trying to imply)
Losing one SB if far from conclusive,it doesn't mean he could "never" win a SB. The same people saying this, said the same about Stafford, I could necro that thread if you want some laughs.
He is an above average QB.

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
You seem to be confused. I never said Goff was Elite.
I never said he lived up to his draft status. (yet)
I never said he was better than Cousins or Stafford.

So, you seem to be a little confused.

Things I have said:

He was an asset in the trade from LA (not the liability Remy is trying to imply)
Losing one SB if far from conclusive,it doesn't mean he could "never" win a SB. The same people saying this, said the same about Stafford, I could necro that thread if you want some laughs.
You are right it’s possible Goff could win a Super Bowl, but it won’t be with the Lions. Just like Stafford.

Nelly

Liked Posts:
Yeah, in a thread that was supposed to be about the Bears roster outlook….

No one really gives a damn about Goff here.

Please stop talking.
You have to equally blame the Bears fans for engaging in the talk when they know he's only here to stir the pot. A troll can only troll when being paid attention too. Paul Anka says...

1255ab22f0ccc55ae92fe6edfa94debc.jpg

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

The Rams were 3-3 in the playoffs. When they needed Goff to make a play to win a Super Bowl he choked.
Things I have said:

1. I never claimed Fields has been better to date. I have said Fields has more potential so you arguing with yourself.

2. The fact still remains that as reported the Rams included an extra first so that the Lions would take on Goff.

3. I never said he cant win a Suoer Bowl. I have said he failed miserably when he had his chance and until he actually does win one the Rams were right to get rid of him given they won a SB without him.

4. No one has said he isnt above average.

So you are arguing things no one has said.

Last edited:

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What did the Rams do after they lost the Superbowl?

Say it.

They paid a first rounder to get rid of Goff after foolishly giving him an extension.