legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Pedo officially on the interview list per Weiderer. Please don’t…

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Philly loved him until they hated him....

msadows

Liked Posts:
Pedo officially on the interview list per Weiderer. Please don’t…

Im very split on this.

We could call him pedobear......

1397737513604183339pedobear-hi.png

msadows

Liked Posts:
PTSD from Andy Ried coaching tree, I think we just got the twing thinking it was a branch. Pederson would be an ok hire imo

He would def be great for fields.

Unlike nagy he's actually had plenty of experience developing qb's and changing his offense to suit the strengths of his QB.

Not sure I want another KC/Reid guy but it would be stupid not to consider him.

Also, this would probably mean DeFilippo stays as QB coach, which i'd be okay with. It seemed whenever fields was talking to a coach for film study on the sideline it would be flip and not nagy/lazwhore.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I like it. Doug Pederson is not a bad NFL coach. Upper management in Philly micromanaged the fuck out of that situation towards the end of his run and he eventually told everyone to fuck off. He's a retread that actually deserves a second shot, because he was really good at his job, not Leslie Frazier.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
Calling @Pegger .

Can we get an expert to tell us a bit about Doug?

I remember not liking his coaching style much, but he had success. I could be talked into him. Always good to hear from a fan who watched a coach closely.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Bears are casting a wide net. I think Peterson is just part of them doing their due diligence

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
Calling @Pegger .

Can we get an expert to tell us a bit about Doug?

I remember not liking his coaching style much, but he had success. I could be talked into him. Always good to hear from a fan who watched a coach closely.
What specifically about his coaching style didn't you like? Serious question.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
What specifically about his coaching style didn't you like? Serious question.
I remember him abandoning the run and getting pass happy at times and getting too cute with play calling too often, and his game plans felt disjointed. Nagy traits is probably how I would describe them. But, thinking back on it a lot probably had to do with Wentz, who is pretty awful.

I could be just having some Nagy PTSD and am projecting. That's why I wanted an opinion from @Pegger .

On the flip side, watching him coach against Nagy was the first time I started thinking that's what a real head coach looks like - and started getting a not great feeling about Nagy.

Rise

Liked Posts:
I’m honestly surprised they want to interview him. To close to Nagy for me, need something new. The one advantage is he can run the same system at a higher level, so less transition time.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
No super bowl winning coach has ever won a with a different team

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not sure how I feel about this one. Frazier, Pederson...both experienced previous HC's - gives you an idea where McCaskey's head is at

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I remember him abandoning the run and getting pass happy at times and getting too cute with play calling too often, and his game plans felt disjointed. Nagy traits is probably how I would describe them. But, thinking back on it a lot probably had to do with Wentz, who is pretty awful.

I could be just having some Nagy PTSD and am projecting. That's why I wanted an opinion from @Pegger .

On the flip side, watching him coach against Nagy was the first time I started thinking that's what a real head coach looks like - and started getting a not great feeling about Nagy.
Pederson is not nagy.

Pederson was able to make Carson Wentz look like an MVP and win a Superbowl over Belichik and Brady with Nick Foles.

I am not saying he's perfect, but he's not Nagy.