Dowell who? OC Loggains has a knack for getting the job done

mecha

Liked Posts:
Mariani was pretty dependable. nobody's talking about Wilson, I thought he was pretty decent, did I see wrong or something?

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
Mariani was pretty dependable. nobody's talking about Wilson, I thought he was pretty decent, did I see wrong or something?

No, I think decent accurately describes Wilson. He's still only 23, too. He needs to stay healthy, though. He seems to be hurt way to much.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Interesting the bit on Mariani. He kept making plays this year, and may end up more useful than Royal, if Alshon is back and White excels. I'd gladly eat crow if he panned out.

Who knows, maybe Loggains had Jay's and Gase's ear regarding confidence in Mariani. May have had something to do with his emergence. I called him a 3rd stringer when his sample size was low but I'm ready to eat crow and call him a 2nd stringer, LOL. Seemed solid and smart. I'm OK with him returning punts but not KOs.

That's a great article OP. makes Loggains sound versatile, intelligent and more experienced in coaching and politics than I imagined.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Mariani is the next Edelman/Welker #calledit #itscauseheswhite

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, I think decent accurately describes Wilson. He's still only 23, too. He needs to stay healthy, though. He seems to be hurt way to much.

He's a skinny 6'3 guy without deep speed. He needs to add some bulk to take NFL hits IMO. He's not a burner so adding muscle shouldn't hinder speed too bad.

I had no idea Gase was from Marshall. That's like 25 minute away from me. My hs played his hs

Sent from my davenport using my teleporter

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Agreed, I think the reason most Bears fans may be a little salty towards him, is the poor return game. Had he played WR only, he would be viewed in a better light by more fans IMO.

I think that our poor kick return game has more to do with the lousy point of attack blocking than anything else. Mariani makes excellent cuts at full speed but does need a block or two to spring him. The other comment I must make is that I think he had several good returns called back by holding penalties on the return.