Draft a 1st Rd QB or trade for Darnold?

chitown2387

Liked Posts:
Serious question, with the Bears probably picking somewhere around the 15th pick, are you risking taking a QB from a smaller school/limited experience vs good teams, or are you trying to trade for Darnold?

I'm honestly torn. Part of me doesn't want to take a player with limited experience after the whiff on Trubisky, but part of me thinks Darnold is damaged goods.

Thoughts?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Unless a miracle happens and the Bears pick in the top ten then the answer is probably none of the above. The Bears aren't in a position to lose another draft pick trying to acquire a quarterback. Trubisky cost four picks, Foles cost a pick...I'm tired of it.

wklink

CBMB refugee
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Seattle Sounders FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If you are going to go for damaged goods you might as well resign Trubisky. Mitch, for all of his faults, has played better than Darnold. Granted the Bears are a better team than the Jets but they aren't that much better.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I am drafting a tackle. Rashawn Slater if the bears continue this skid or the kid from Notre Dame, if they finish around 15-20

chitown2387

Liked Posts:
Unless a miracle happens and the Bears pick in the top ten then the answer is probably none of the above. The Bears aren't in a position to lose another draft pick trying to acquire a quarterback. Trubisky cost four picks, Foles cost a pick...I'm tired of it.

I can't disagree, but if this WERE the case, you may as well trade some players away. If you aren't going to try and draft a QB this next season, you are basically tanking for the next draft.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
If those are my choices, im drafting one. But id be fine with Darnold under a new regime though. He can suck enough to not keep you in football hell.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
A lineman? Sure. A franchise left tackle? There are about as many of those in the NFL as there are franchise quarterbacks.
It doesn't matter, any guy drafted that high unless he is a complete headcase will be an immediate upgrade to anything we have on the edges.

chitown2387

Liked Posts:
If you are going to go for damaged goods you might as well resign Trubisky. Mitch, for all of his faults, has played better than Darnold. Granted the Bears are a better team than the Jets but they aren't that much better.

Do you think Nagy & Pace (if they are still here, which I'm hoping not) will roll with Mitch again & do you think Mitch wants to play for them after this year has gone?

And if a new head coach & GM are in, I would think they'd want to bring in "their" QB

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Do you think Nagy & Pace (if they are still here, which I'm hoping not) will roll with Mitch again & do you think Mitch wants to play for them after this year has gone?

And if a new head coach & GM are in, I would think they'd want to bring in "their" QB
Foles is your starter for 2021, there's no away around that boat anchor of a contract. So no to Mitch, I've seen the movie and know how it ends.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It doesn't matter, any guy drafted that high unless he is a complete headcase will be an immediate upgrade to anything we have on the edges.
Maybe. Andrew Thomas went fourth overall and has been quite bad his rookie year.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Darnold? really? cmon guys. I'd rather just draft a QB and have him on that rookie contract. You're going to have to pay Darnold soon. It's not worth it to me.