Draft a 1st Rd QB or trade for Darnold?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe. Andrew Thomas went fourth overall and has been quite bad his rookie year.

Comparable to ? You have to look at what we have out there - he's a 1st year rookie playing as bad (or good) as Leno

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Comparable to ? You have to look at what we have out there - he's a 1st year rookie playing as bad (or good) as Leno
At the considerable investment of the fourth overall pick.

Look I'm on board with replacing Leno Jr. but I dont want to just pour resources into drafting the thirtieth best player in the draft at the thirteenth pick. There is no position on the field aside from maybe cornerback where the Bears should be turning away impact talent.

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
I've seen a lot of Darnold talk lately on here and also by pundits on TV talking about how the Bears should go after him.

Can anybody explain to me what the fascination is with a guy who's been nothing but awful for his entire career? I can't figure it out. Why would anybody want to spend draft picks on THAT?

satchice

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Solid no to Darnold. He is just not an upgrade to what we already have.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Easier to find lineman than a QB.
a complete o-line in one season? An capable o-line that will protect our QB for years to come? I doubt it, man.
you need 5 guys up front blocking and their backups but 1 really good QB. less resources spent looking for a Qb if you have a O-line.
i'd say we'll most likely run thru 15 to 20 different lineman till we're set with the line and then probably 4 to 6 Qb's over the next two years till we're a rebuilt roster once again with Kmet likely the only surviving offensive player come 2022/23

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
At the considerable investment of the fourth overall pick.

Look I'm on board with replacing Leno Jr. but I dont want to just pour resources into drafting the thirtieth best player in the draft at the thirteenth pick. There is no position on the field aside from maybe cornerback where the Bears should be turning away impact talent.

I'm not saying Leno, I am saying anyone on that offensive line save Daniels and Whitehair. You add a quality tackle on either edge and you now have something. At some point you have to stop with this BPA bullshit when you do not have key positions settled.

"Hey I got this Ferrari, but can't afford the tires so I'll leave it on blocks for a few years."

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
I've seen a lot of Darnold talk lately on here and also by pundits on TV talking about how the Bears should go after him.

Can anybody explain to me what the fascination is with a guy who's been nothing but awful for his entire career? I can't figure it out. Why would anybody want to spend draft picks on THAT?
typical bonehead fanbase shit. Sam is ass.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
good enough reason to start drafting a QB every year then once you have your O-line.
Question then becomes how long do you think it takes to rebuild an entire o-line and are you willing to miss out on the next Russell Wilson, who became elite behind a bad o-line, while you wait on that rebuilt o-line?

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
That's how I think, but I don't think there is a right or wrong answer as it seems a lot of people are split on this.
ok by your logic you want to get a qb, and watch him get killed behind a shitty o-line before he can get a chance to learn and grow with the speed and intensity of the NFL. and even worse if Nagy is still here that drafted QB is fucked, Nagy will ruin him.

Anytime45

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
a complete o-line in one season? An capable o-line that will protect our QB for years to come? I doubt it, man.
you need 5 guys up front blocking and their backups but 1 really good QB. less resources spent looking for a Qb if you have a O-line.
i'd say we'll most likely run thru 15 to 20 different lineman till we're set with the line and then probably 4 to 6 Qb's over the next two years till we're a rebuilt roster once again with Kmet likely the only surviving offensive player come 2022/23
Its ok if your OL has a hole. Would you like to have a solid 5, yes but if you're waiting to get a complete OL before you get a QB, you're potentially waiting a while.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Question then becomes how long do you think it takes to rebuild an entire o-line and are you willing to miss out on the next Russell Wilson, who became elite behind a bad o-line, while you wait on that rebuilt o-line?
It's not a rebuild, they need decent-average-to good play on one edge and they're set. Sign a FA center if Mustipher doesn't work out and roll.

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
you forget? we're the Bears, we don't get lucky like other teams.
I think we should be looking at Qb's with some durability in their game also in case the oline does go bad and can't let a Qb or 2 get hurt like recently.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Darnold sucks

For free as a cheap 1 year fa singing sure
Trading assets for him...f no

Rob219_CBMB

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Its ok if your OL has a hole. Would you like to have a solid 5, yes but if you're waiting to get a complete OL before you get a QB, you're potentially waiting a while.
yea, the situation the bears are in right now...oh yeah this is gonna take some time to fix like 3 to 4 years if we want to be like the steelers or other solid team, BTW as of late...we also need TE's WR's and Rb's once again.

chitown2387

Liked Posts:
good enough reason to start drafting a QB every year then once you have your O-line.

I definitely can get down with this. I'm all for drafting a QB every year to begin with, but this makes a lot of sense.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Sam Darnold sucks. Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo