Draft Hopes 2017

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
After FA my thoughts about some of the teams positions are as follows. I believe that Mike Glennon may be better than people are giving him credit... I think he will be a solid QB for the team... but a QB still needs to be drafted. Im not going to prioritize WR over other positions at this point, trusting that what we have including K. White will be enough to get the job done. However, a receiving TE is another Story. Positions to target during draft: QB, S, TE, WR, Edge rusher.. however in first two or three rounds team can't ignore overwhelming BPA if he's sitting there. But my positions of greatest need are QB, S, TE.

1st
Keeping with the philosophy that a team should draft BPA taking position of need into account...
1. S - Jamal Adams - 6' / 214 - LSU - natural leader, one of the best safety prospects in years, almost can't miss
2. QB - Deshone Kizer - 6'4" / 234 - Notre Dame - great arm, has all the tools, needs grooming but great upside

Trade down scenario. If another team had a hard on for a player other than Adams or Kizer and wants a trade... then the team must consider it.
After a trade down team I would also consider drafting.
3. QB - Deshaun Watson - 6'2" / 221 - Clemson - Versatile play maker. Plays big on big stage. Accuracy issues.
4. FS - Malik Hooker - 6'1" / 206 - Ohio State - Arguably best safety prospect in years.
5. TE - O.J Howard - 6'6" / 251 - Alabama - Best TE in a good class of TEs.

2nd
This choice may be influenced by the choice of the first pick as well as available player as previously stated.
1. QB - Patrick Mahommes - 6'3" / 229 - Texas Tech. - probably best arm in draft, needs to develop in pro style offense, some mechanic issues
2. FS - Budda Baker - 5'10" / 195 - Washington - Fast and instinctive center fielder. Size may be an issue. Potential to play CB/Nickle back.
3. S - Obi Melifonwu - 6'4" / 219 - Connecticut - Physical freak. Fast to the ball more so than instinctive reactions.
4. TE - Evan Engram - 6'3" / 234 - Ole Miss. - versatile. H back type tight end. could line up as WR, TE or HB. Size is a concern for blocking.

3rd
1. TE - Adam Shaheen - 6'6" / 278 - Ashland - Powerful frame. Receiving threat. Needs to improve blocking.
2. QB - Davis Webb - 6'5" /229 - California - Good touch on throws. Operates well in the pocket. Needs to learn pro style offense.
3. FS - Marcus Williams - 6'1" / 202 - Utah - Ball hawking type FS. Plays instinctively. Lacks physicality.
4. TE - Bucky Hodges - 6'6" / 257 - Virginia Tech - Still learning position. Could develop into solid pass catching TE.

4th
1.DE - Tanoh Kpassagno - 6'7" / 289 - Villanova - Big body and long frame. Needs work.
2. CB - Howard Wilson - 6'1" / 184 - Houston - limited experience. could develop and be late round steal.

5th - 7th
Look at positions for depth esp at OLB, OL and DL

- I would be pissed if the Bears took a player with injury history(CB-Latimore / DL-J. Allen) or a potential one hit wonder like Trubisky with the #3 pick. - - The only edges Adams has over Hooker IMO are due to injury and I believe that Adams has better leadership qualities.
- I want the team to draft a good prospect at QB and let him sit for a year or two.
- My preferences as far as QBs are Kizer, Mahommes then Watson and Webb.
- I hope QB and safety would be addressed by the first two picks followed by TE.

FireFox

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I think Hooker is going to be better than Adams. Hooker has great ballhawk instincts.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
After FA my thoughts about some of the teams positions are as follows. I believe that Mike Glennon may be better than people are giving him credit... I think he will be a solid QB for the team... but a QB still needs to be drafted. Im not going to prioritize WR over other positions at this point, trusting that what we have including K. White will be enough to get the job done. However, a receiving TE is another Story. Positions to target during draft: QB, S, TE, WR, Edge rusher.. however in first two or three rounds team can't ignore overwhelming BPA if he's sitting there. But my positions of greatest need are QB, S, TE.

1st
Keeping with the philosophy that a team should draft BPA taking position of need into account...
1. S - Jamal Adams - 6' / 214 - LSU - natural leader, one of the best safety prospects in years, almost can't miss
2. QB - Deshone Kizer - 6'4" / 234 - Notre Dame - great arm, has all the tools, needs grooming but great upside

Trade down scenario. If another team had a hard on for a player other than Adams or Kizer and wants a trade... then the team must consider it.
After a trade down team I would also consider drafting.
3. QB - Deshaun Watson - 6'2" / 221 - Clemson - Versatile play maker. Plays big on big stage. Accuracy issues.
4. FS - Malik Hooker - 6'1" / 206 - Ohio State - Arguably best safety prospect in years.
5. TE - O.J Howard - 6'6" / 251 - Alabama - Best TE in a good class of TEs.

- I would be pissed if the Bears took a player with injury history(CB-Latimore / DL-J. Allen) or a potential one hit wonder like Trubisky with the #3 pick.

Hooker is both a player with an injury history AND a 1-hit wonder who only started for the first time this year.

Big Tyme D

Liked Posts:
Hooker is both a player with an injury history AND a 1-hit wonder who only started for the first time this year.

Which is why I wouldn't take him at #3... but would be willing after a trade down with extra picks.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
Which is why I wouldn't take him at #3... but would be willing after a trade down with extra picks.

Ah. Gotcha. Overlooked the part where you said, "with the #3 pick". Carry on.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
I think Hooker is going to be better than Adams. Hooker has great ballhawk instincts.

I wouldn't be the least bit upset if we grabbed either one in the first.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Love option 1 but option 2 with Kizer at 3 or a trade down is not for me. I take him if he falls to the 2nd but I have 3 guys ahead if him right now.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Get a QB worth a shit.

Draft dreams end there.

Chicago Staleys

Realist
Liked Posts:
I wish they could find a way to get Garrett, Njoku, and Adams. I would sell some of the future drafts to get this done.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I wish they could find a way to get Garrett, Njoku, and Adams. I would sell some of the future drafts to get this done.

I understand liking those guys. But you'd sell future drafts to still NOT have a QB?

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
It is all about trading down this year.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you still have hopes? lol hahhahahahaha. get with the program.

not too much longer young padowan. Pace will succubus the last hopes from your soul like a dementor feeding its thirst after millenia of imprisonment...shrieking in bloodlust until you gasp "bears" every halftime or so and slumber in the dream state...forking over last pennies of hope.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
you still have hopes? lol hahhahahahaha. get with the program.

not too much longer young padowan. Pace will succubus the last hopes from your soul like a dementor feeding its thirst after millenia of imprisonment...shrieking in bloodlust until you gasp "bears" every halftime or so and slumber in the dream state...forking over last pennies of hope.

latest