Draft Targets if the Bears Stay at Pick # 20

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Let me first say, I think Zach Wilson will be a great QB, and I would not hate it if they trade up to get him. It would cost a ton though, and there are a lot of holes to fill. This will be the first time in 3 years they have a 1st round pick. Assuming they do not trade, what players do you how they will target who may be in play?

Devonta Smith IMO is the most promising WR I’ve seen in a while. Jaylen Waddle has that explosive element the team lacks. I think both are gone at 20.

Ive been looking at a lot of tape on Mac Jones, and I like his potential a lot. His knock was he has a loaded supporting cast(so did Burrow, btw) and he’s not overly athletic. But when looking at him, his accuracy, especially on deep passes, is unbelievable. His timing, release, ability to lead receivers open is insane. While he will never be confused with Lamar Jackson, his ability to move WITHIN the picket is advanced, and he is not a statue like Foles.

If he is there at 20? Pick him, and go OT/WR in rounds 2 and 3.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Since it doesn't look like we are signing Trubs, it is looking alot like it will either be Mac Jones, Trask, or a slight trade down for Trask.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Devonta Smith will not be there s you mention. He's a ridiculously good prospect.

Jones is the best QB who will likely be available at #20 imo, the question is do you want to take him there. I don't think he's that level of prospect but I also think he'll likely be gone by #52.

OT is deep, and you can probably get a starting RT (Faalele) or a potential LT (Jenkins) at that spot.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Since it doesn't look like we are signing Trubs, it is looking alot like it will either be Mac Jones, Trask, or a slight trade down for Trask.

Its still way too early to tell where those two guys will go.

Trask, for all we know, could be there in the 2nd.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
Well we're gonna need a couple WRs unfortunately since ARob isn't going to stick around.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Devonta Smith will not be there s you mention. He's a ridiculously good prospect.

Jones is the best QB who will likely be available at #20 imo, the question is do you want to take him there. I don't think he's that level of prospect but I also think he'll likely be gone by #52.

OT is deep, and you can probably get a starting RT (Faalele) or a potential LT (Jenkins) at that spot.

Waddle may tho, and he's on about the same level of smith, just different types of players. Both top 10 prospects. If it weren't for that injury he would be a top 10 pick.

Also, I agree with you on jones. He's not worth 20, but I think he will be gone by the mid 20's. Probably to the saints.

OT is where we need to go. Grab Sam Cosmi. Hope trask falls to the 2nd round.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Well we're gonna need a couple WRs unfortunately since ARob isn't going to stick around.

He has no say in that situation if we choose to franchise tag him, which would be 16m(The salary we wanted to pay him in the first place).

So yea, don't rule arob out.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Waddle may tho, and he's on about the same level of smith, just different types of players. Both top 10 prospects. If it weren't for that injury he would be a top 10 pick.

Also, I agree with you on jones. He's not worth 20, but I think he will be gone by the mid 20's. Probably to the saints.

OT is where we need to go. Grab Sam Cosmi. Hope trask falls to the 2nd round.
Waddle will be gone too imo. He's faster but he's not the level of prospect Smith is imo. That said he will be a weapon.

I am not as high on Trask.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I've been saying for a while tho that I'd franchise Arob and then trade #20 + next years first for #3 overall and then take zack wilson.

The dolphins need a WR for Tua.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Waddle will be gone too imo. He's faster but he's not the level of prospect Smith is imo. That said he will be a weapon.

I am not as high on Trask.

Recency bias.

Anyone who watched him the first few weeks knows he's on that level. He averaged 19.3 yards per target. PER TARGET, not per reception. He was outplaying Smith before he went down.

Briggs is GOAT

Liked Posts:
I've been saying for a while tho that I'd franchise Arob and then trade #20 + next years first for #3 overall and then take zack wilson.

I would do this but I don't think that would be enough to move them 17 spots back. Especially with them only having 1 year of ARob.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Recency bias.

Anyone who watched him the first few weeks knows he's on that level. He averaged 19.3 yards per target. PER TARGET, not per reception. He was outplaying Smith before he went down.
No, it's because I actually watch prospects.

It's a lot like Ruggs vs. Juedy (although these guys are better prospects). One is an absolute home run hitter at the college level, the other is ready for the NFL.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:

I would do that, but I think you’re underestimating the price to move that far.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No, it's because I actually watch prospects.

It's a lot like Ruggs vs. Juedy (although these guys are better prospects). One is an absolute home run hitter at the college level, the other is ready for the NFL.

lol, the only thing waddle and ruggs have in common is speed.

Waddle is a much better prospect than ruggs.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I would do that, but I think you’re underestimating the price to move that far.

No, I'm not, the rams just trade up from 15 to 1.

You might have to throw in another 3rd rounder or 2nd rounder next year, but Arob essentially equates a 1st/2nd rounder.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
Its still way too early to tell where those two guys will go.

Trask, for all we know, could be there in the 2nd.
Trask and Jones will be overdrafted. I think Jones will be far better than Trask, IMO. Take a few minutes and look some more at Jones’ tape. His mechanics and placement are elite. I think he has a chance to be a very good QB.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
No, I'm not, the rams just trade up from 15 to 1.

You might have to throw in another 3rd rounder or 2nd rounder next year, but Arob essentially equates a 1st/2nd rounder.
Who knows. I agree with you tho on getting Zach Wilson. He is my favorite QB in the class.