Draft thread

dreadpirateroberts

Liked Posts:

This mock is interesting. There are some good players going a bit later than expected and I would love if the Bears could capitalize. For example, he’s got Shenault at 55, Cushenberry at 61, Niang at 65, Hunt at 90, Jordan Elliott at 105, Simpson at 120, and Trautman at 129. Pace should trade down at least once and get some of these guys.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Not a fan of that mock at all.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

This mock is interesting. There are some good players going a bit later than expected and I would love if the Bears could capitalize. For example, he’s got Shenault at 55, Cushenberry at 61, Niang at 65, Hunt at 90, Jordan Elliott at 105, Simpson at 120, and Trautman at 129. Pace should trade down at least once and get some of these guys.

I agree and would probably change both our picks he has for us in this draft if it really fell this way to taking one of A.Winfield or J.Chinn at 43 instead of Kmet and at 50 i'd be good with the Auburn CB or i'd grab one of the OL you mentioned. I'm all about trading down and this is just another mock that shows how deep this draft is and how we should definitely trade down at least once with all the talent that's available after pick 50 and into round 3. He also has Tee Higgins, M.Pittman, D.Peoples Jones and J.Hurts going in the 3rd round along with multiple OL i'd love to get.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:

With the players available I'd take Isaiah Wilson at #43 and would try real hard to trade down. In my opinion the BPA in this mock at #50 is OL (Prince Tega) and I'd rather recoup an extra draft pick if possible. I'd take JK Dobbins, but he is gone a pick before at #49. Also I'd probably default to Kmet if he was available at #50 if we couldn't find a good trade partner. Jeremy Chinn seems interesting as well if Kmet is gone.

No thanks To Igbenoghene. I watched some of his highlight tape and he doesn't get his head turned around and seems to interfere quite a bit. I know some like Shenault, but I don't see much difference in WR talent if we were to wait until later. My guys would be either Michael Pittman Jr or Juan Jennings. I'm sure there are some other good receivers considering how much I've heard different media outlets rave about them..I just haven't done too deep of a dive.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Hard pass

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Scott Frantz would be a nice get in the 6th round. K State had a solid o-line last year. He was a three year starter and has tackle/guard flexibility. He is openly gay so some Neanderthals may have an issue with him but he’s a good prospect. Pace has drafted two Kansas State players in his tenure too.

The Draft Network

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
This draft is pretty damn deep at several positions with the strongest being Wide Receiver. Unless Pace and company are blown away by the prospect at 43, the move is to trade down if they can find a partner. Trading down more than once would be viable strategy. I think Shenault is going to drop because of his core muscle surgery and a guy like Pittman Jr. will get pushed down because of the volume of talented receivers.

If they can end up with 9 or 10 picks by sliding down, they will be able to address all of their needs and not just with bodies.

They would be able to take a G, OT, ILB, Edge, CB, SS, TE, QB (like Gordon or Morgan) and a speed WR. There is a possibility of finding two potential starters early and plenty of quality depth.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Scott Frantz would be a nice get in the 6th round. K State had a solid o-line last year. He was a three year starter and has tackle/guard flexibility. He is openly gay so some Neanderthals may have an issue with him but he’s a good prospect. Pace has drafted two Kansas State players in his tenure too.

The Draft Network

I have no issue with if a player is gay or not as long as they can play and i would think an openly gay guy would come in giving all he's got to make a point or prove himself.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
This draft is pretty damn deep at several positions with the strongest being Wide Receiver. Unless Pace and company are blown away by the prospect at 43, the move is to trade down if they can find a partner. Trading down more than once would be viable strategy. I think Shenault is going to drop because of his core muscle surgery and a guy like Pittman Jr. will get pushed down because of the volume of talented receivers.

If they can end up with 9 or 10 picks by sliding down, they will be able to address all of their needs and not just with bodies.

They would be able to take a G, OT, ILB, Edge, CB, SS, TE, QB (like Gordon or Morgan) and a speed WR. There is a possibility of finding two potential starters early and plenty of quality depth.

If Shenault is gonna drop because of his core muscle surgery then maybe Aiyuk will drop since he just had core muscle surgery and i'd rather have Aiyuk.

I'm really hoping there will be at least one trade down for Pace to make if not two. Every mock you look at, no matter how different they are, all have players that have NFL starter talent are going in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Of course nobody can predict what these kids will do making the big transition from college to the NFL and there will always be multiple players that end up busting in every single round but i'd still rather have another 3rd, 4th and 5th or one or two of the three.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
If Shenault is gonna drop because of his core muscle surgery then maybe Aiyuk will drop since he just had core muscle surgery and i'd rather have Aiyuk.

I'm really hoping there will be at least one trade down for Pace to make if not two. Every mock you look at, no matter how different they are, all have players that have NFL starter talent are going in the 3rd and 4th rounds. Of course nobody can predict what these kids will do making the big transition from college to the NFL and there will always be multiple players that end up busting in every single round but i'd still rather have another 3rd, 4th and 5th or one or two of the three.

I agree that he should consider trading down more than once and I think Aiyuk drops too. I did a mock at Pro Football Network and traded down twice in the second and then traded out of the second round completely. I was shocked at the quality available with my first pick at 80. I took Claypool with 80 and Trautman with 81. I grabbed Muti at 133.

Applefan

Liked Posts:
With the players available I'd take Isaiah Wilson at #43 and would try real hard to trade down. In my opinion the BPA in this mock at #50 is OL (Prince Tega) and I'd rather recoup an extra draft pick if possible. I'd take JK Dobbins, but he is gone a pick before at #49. Also I'd probably default to Kmet if he was available at #50 if we couldn't find a good trade partner. Jeremy Chinn seems interesting as well if Kmet is gone.

No thanks To Igbenoghene. I watched some of his highlight tape and he doesn't get his head turned around and seems to interfere quite a bit. I know some like Shenault, but I don't see much difference in WR talent if we were to wait until later. My guys would be either Michael Pittman Jr or Juan Jennings. I'm sure there are some other good receivers considering how much I've heard different media outlets rave about them..I just haven't done too deep of a dive.

I don't see where athletically, Pittman or Jennings give us anything we don't already have in Wims or Ridley.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I agree that he should consider trading down more than once and I think Aiyuk drops too. I did a mock at Pro Football Network and traded down twice in the second and then traded out of the second round completely. I was shocked at the quality available with my first pick at 80. I took Claypool with 80 and Trautman with 81. I grabbed Muti at 133.

I have been trying to tell Msaddows this from the start. The sweet spot of this draft is actually the 3rd and 4th rounds so unless someone you had as a first rounder is there at 43 and 50, you should trade down.

The core group of guys I would consider at 43 are Reagor, Mims, Josh Jones, Ceasar Ruiz. Otherwise I trade down. The 70-100 range still has some pretty good OL like Peart, Charles, Bartch and WRs like Pittman, Claypool, Aiyuk. Not all of them end up in that range obivously but enough of them that trading down is a good option.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
What was his weight compared to the combine I wonder.

And everyone knows pro day tracks are typically faster. Can only imagine when you are running your own show the advantages lol.

He came into the combine about 10 pounds heavier than playing weight. On tape he definiately looks more like a 4.3 guy than a 4.4 guy.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Stop fucking spreading this dude. We need him to fall.

But year 10 pounds lighter here although I suspect if he hand timed that fast that Machine time is more like 4.3

Yeah i don't ever go by the times these players get timed at at their pro days or by people on their team and i was also thinking right around 4.3 which is obviously still great with everything else he brings at WR.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I have been trying to tell Msaddows this from the start. The sweet spot of this draft is actually the 3rd and 4th rounds so unless someone you had as a first rounder is there at 43 and 50, you should trade down.

The core group of guys I would consider at 43 are Reagor, Mims, Josh Jones, Ceasar Ruiz. Otherwise I trade down. The 70-100 range still has some pretty good OL like Peart, Charles, Bartch and WRs like Pittman, Claypool, Aiyuk. Not all of them end up in that range obivously but enough of them that trading down is a good option.

Aiyuk definitely doesn't make it to the 70-100 picks unless teams really downgrade him because of the core muscle surgery but he's just too good. Be lucky if he's there at 43 and 50 and if he is then he's definitely on my list at both picks. There's gonna be so much great talent sitting there at 43 that it will be hard for a guy that does his drafts the way Pace does to trade down. It seems like he sometimes makes the mistake of locking onto guys and not being able to see the advantage of trading down if a certain player or players are sitting there. He has made some good trade downs but not as much as he likes trading up.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I don't see where athletically, Pittman or Jennings give us anything we don't already have in Wims or Ridley.

They give us production. Jennings brings energy and determination every single play. Too many are over valuing speed, when those speed guys aren't very productive or played in the big 12 where my grandma could pile up stats against those pathetic defenses.