dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I like Chinn. I don't think he'll make it to you guys though. 2nd safety off the board in a position many teams need.

I don't think he'll make it to us either but hoping he does and then it really just depends who else is sitting there and if Pace stays at 43 or if he gets too good of a offer to trade down. There's many players at different positions that i'd be good with Pace drafting at 43 and i'd also be fine with a trade down as long as we stay in the 2nd round. If Chinn is there and we take him then i'm a happy man with that pick.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
You make it sound like they were a bad combination. Haha and Jackson were perfectly fine as a rangy interchangeable tandem. Having that with a younger, bigger, faster player would be an ideal situation.

I don't think anyone thinks Eddie isn't fine playing more in the box but no doubt he's better playing FS IMO and having more of a true box safety playing SS. If there's one thing Eddie isn't great at but still pretty good is his tackling and i saw him miss multiple tackles last year.

Milky

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

This is why it could be hard to trade. Without a consensus teams will have less of a feel of how high they need to move up or how low they can move down. Without their offseason interactions teams will also have less of a feel for each other’s needs. All teams have glaring needs sure but teams also have needs that are seen as more pressing internally as they are seen publicly, ie the Quinn signing. Of course other teams knew the Bears could use an upgrade at OLB but nobody was expecting them go big at the position. Just a thought.

Also I just have a sneaky suspicion that Claypool will be the pick at 43 if he’s there. I think Pace/Nagy would like him as a TE. By all accounts Graham is a good teammate and leader and he seems like someone who would take Claypool under his wing. Just a hunch not a preference.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I think it has more to do with the lack of contact the prognosticators get with actual football people. If this was 2017, Jeremiah may still have Mahomes and Watson in the 2nd round.:p

I think Pace has the ability to draft well but he needs to learn the value of multiple shots and letting a draft come to him instead of giving up picks by locking in on specific players. I get it when there are talent plateaus but we do it too often.

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I wouldn't be surprised if the Bear take KJ Hamler.
Carnac.jpg

msadows

Liked Posts:

rawdawg

Liked Posts:

Jordan Reid
@JReidNFL

Former West Virginia and St. Louis Battlehawks safety, Kenny Robinson, the only draft-eligible player from the XFL, has been a very hot name among teams. He’s had FaceTime meetings with the #Cowboys, #Bears, #Vikings, #Jaguars, and #Dolphins among others, per source.
Like this Tweet

He's a nice player. But he's a true free safety. Not much versatility as of now to play in the box, blitz, or cover the slot; but he's a really good centerfield type.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Average it out around a C or C+ which seems fair for Pace.

Mediocre with great hair.

I'm thinking B- since there's so many more players that were drafted in a couple of the rounds that he got good grades in.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Fans grade each Pace draft rounds over his time as the GM.

My grades.

First round - D

Second round - C, can become a B if Daniels and Miller get better.

Third Round - D

Fourth round - A

Fifth round - A

Sixth round - D, probably could make this a C but really no one hear that has played any meaningful snaps.

Seventh round - D, probably could make this a C but really no one hear that has played any meaningful snaps.

Overall - C-

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Been saying this for 2 months

If pace picks a tight end and fromm/hurts in round 2 he should be fired before day 3 of the draft.

This tight end class sucks....dont waste a pick on any of them prior to round 4

Kmet doesn't suck.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I agree. I just don’t think he moves like Kelce.

I think he is Kyle Rudolph and that is okay and good value.

We could take Kmet, we need a Y and he is the prototype.

Yep, two different types of players. I've seen Whitten comparisons which works for me.