Draft thread

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Does anyone like Gibson at rb,wr later on in the draft?

I know our line sucked last year and will most likely be No better than average this year, is Monty the guy?

If you mean Antonio Gibson, I have seen him projected mostly as a 3rd round pick.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So give up our future in draft picks for guys that have as many or more question marks then Trubisky did? No thanks. If i'm mortgaging the future in draft picks then i'm doing it for a QB without huge question marks against them. I know the draft is a total crap shoot no matter how many question marks a player does or doesn't have but i'm not risking it all on a 50-50 QB.

Your trading for the pelts on the wall.

Mitch had none.

Tua is also superior mentally he really sees the field well.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
One TE sleeper I like in the later rounds is Lee Morris from Oklahoma. He always seemed to make clutch catches, was always open and caught everything that was thrown his way. He would fit well in the Bears offense.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Trade Mitch and our first next year to the Lions at 3 to get Tua and watch nc0gnit0 shit his pants.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Your trading for the pelts on the wall.

Mitch had none.

Tua is also superior mentally he really sees the field well.

Don't get me wrong cause i'm a huge Tua fan and think if he can stay healthy he could end up the best QB to come out of this draft and one of the best in the NFL. My thing is strictly with his injury history. Not only has he had multiple injuries in his short football career but that hip injury is scary as hell for me.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
One TE sleeper I like in the later rounds is Lee Morris from Oklahoma. He always seemed to make clutch catches, was always open and caught everything that was thrown his way. He would fit well in the Bears offense.

I have a edge rusher sleeper which is Darrell Taylor from Tennessee.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
My Guy.

Potential Target, Position, School
• Jeremy Chinn, safety, Southern Illinois
Measurements: 6-3, 221 pounds, 32 1/8-inch arms, 9 5/8-inch hands

Performance, Prospect Rankings, and Accomplishments
• 2019 stats: 10 games, 71 tackles, 2.5 tackles-for-loss, 1 sack, 4 interception, 7 passes defended, 1 fumble recovery

• Career stats: 38 games, 243 tackles, 5.5 tackles-for-loss, 1 sack, 13 interceptions, 31 passes defended, 6 forced fumbles, 2 fumble recoveries, 1 blocked kick

• Accomplishments: Consensus All-American (2019), First-team All-Missouri Valley Football Conference (2018, 2019), Second-team All-MVFC (2017), MVFC All-Newcomer Team (2016), Senior Bowl invite

• Position ranking: 4th (ESPN), 10th (Pro Football Focus), 4th (CBS Sports), 3rd (Walter Football)

One Thing the NFL.com Draft Profile Says…
“Safety prospect with compelling size, speed and athletic ability. He has man cover skills. Very willing and able as a a tackler, but despite his diverse skill set, his effectiveness can wane when asked to multitask.”

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:
My Guy.

Potential Target, Position, School
• Jeremy Chinn, safety, Southern Illinois
Measurements: 6-3, 221 pounds, 32 1/8-inch arms, 9 5/8-inch hands

not liking the fact that he's not very instinctive and he's slow on processing not to mention the level of competition he faced. If WR's are taken along with OT's i can see him as the pick but at the very least i'd want pace to trade down before taking him. 43 seems too rich for him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
not liking the fact that he's not very instinctive and he's slow on processing not to mention the level of competition he faced. If WR's are taken along with OT's i can see him as the pick but at the very least i'd want pace to trade down before taking him. 43 seems too rich for him.
Lots of places have him around 43. Would be solid pick at 43 or 50 IMO.

dabears253313

Liked Posts:
Wouldn't mind it if the Bears traded next years 1st + 43 or 50 to get a 1st round pick this year. OL in round 1 (if someone worthy is available) and WR in round 2.

The Bears are still in win now mode whether people like their QBs or not. Doesn't guarantee a super bowl but just saying they can still be competitive. That's why they could trade next years 1st for a 2020 1st.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Mims, Gladney, and Winfield Jr. go past 43. Delpit, Reagor, and Hamler go past 50.

If the draft fell like this i'd take D.Mims at #43 (They have him going #44) and stay with the J.Chinn pick at #50 but a ton of great names sitting there still afetr #50 that i'd be happy with. G.Delpit, J.Reagor, D.Taylor, J.Taylor, M.Davidson, L.Niang or JK Dobbins.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Don't pass on Jalen Hurts Bears. I think he will go before the Bears pick but if he is an option at #43, they should call his name.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Don't pass on Jalen Hurts Bears. I think he will go before the Bears pick but if he is an option at #43, they should call his name.

Is there really anything suggesting he goes before round 4?????

No way do I pass on a bonafide starting WR or OL for yet another QB project, because make no mistakes jalen hurts is a HUGE project ala mitchell Trubisky.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Is there really anything suggesting he goes before round 4?????

No way do I pass on a bonafide starting WR or OL for yet another QB project, because make no mistakes jalen hurts is a HUGE project ala mitchell Trubisky.

Because none of this matters till we hit on the QB.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Because none of this matters till we hit on the QB.
Exactly and it is possible the Bears can be without a QB next year as I do not expect the Bears to pick up Trubisky's 5th year option and Foles meets his numbers to make it a 1 year deal. QB is a must in this draft.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Exactly and it is possible the Bears can be without a QB next year as I do not expect the Bears to pick up Trubisky's 5th year option and Foles meets his numbers to make it a 1 year deal. QB is a must in this draft.
I think Foles has to get to the NFC championship game for his contract to void.