Drafting a QB

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Pace is fighting for his job. Highly doubtful he takes a developmental QB in the second round especially with Mitch still on the team.

Next serious QB pick will be in 2021 by Pace or someone else.

Bears fans ASSUME Pace is fighting for a job. In reality we have no idea what ownership really thinks of him.

One Team

Liked Posts:
Ideally it'd be either this year or next year. I'm fine with them trading up again for a qb even this year if they like somebody there more than who they could actually get next year

Just get the best QB prospect you can on the Bears

Agree wit this.

If someone they like is within their reach...go get him.

If it works out for Mitch this year, would it be so bad to go into next offseason and draft with a good amount of Qb capital?

msadows

Liked Posts:
Bears fans ASSUME Pace is fighting for a job. In reality we have no idea what ownership really thinks of him.

Because to bears fans Pace is the worst GM in the league and deserves to be fired.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Because to bears fans Pace is the worst GM in the league and deserves to be fired.

Regarding Chicago sports in general: you're either the worst or the best. Don't know if it's that way with other cities.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
The only reports I heard of Pace "shopping" trubisky are just speculation from the media after foles got signed.

It's not different than you or me saying it.
Whether he’s shopping him or not, he’s a FA in 2021 and Foles can opt out. It would be nice to have a young QB under contract longer than 1 year.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I think Jalen Hurts May be a surprise pick. I understand the board is split on whether he will be a success, but I’ve watched him develop throughout his career, and feel he would be fantastic in this offense.
he is not an NFL QB!!!! geez

Mikeropod

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. San Antonio Spurs
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Cleveland Browns
  1. San Jose Sharks
  1. Miami (Ohio) Redhawks
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Ugh, if I have to keep hearing about Jalen Hurts....

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Any QB after Burrow, Tua and Herbert are complete shots in the dark so unless it's a 6th or 7th round pick then i'm not taking that chance with only having two 2nd's and one 5th. We have way too limited amount of picks in this draft to be using one that could be used on a player that can actually contribute to this team. If we had our 1st, 3rd and 4th then i could get behind using one to take a shot on a J.Love, J.Hurts or J.Morgan early.

Windy just wants to spend another year talking about how Pace can't evaluate QB's if he swings and misses on one in this draft with one of our 2nd rounders.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you really trying to develop a QB having him be 3rd string and running scout team doesnt seem like the best idea.

Draft a QB next year when they can be the actual No 2.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:
I really think the Bears need to add a QB with starting upside this draft.

2020: Foles vs Trubiksy, Rookie

2021: Foles vs Rookie

2022: Rookie, Foles

That seems to be the best transition to the next QB.
If there's a clear BPA that's a QB, I'm down with that.

But I'm still in the boat that the Bears can be contenders in 2020, and it's unlikely they use a low 2nd Rd, or much lower, rookie this year. Pace's staff picks well in mid-rounds, so those are valuable.

With as many picks as we have this year, I want to draft a QB, take a swing every year -- but we'd be very lucky to have that low pick QB compete to start 2021. I rather assume we'll draft a starter quality QB later.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
If you really trying to develop a QB having him be 3rd string and running scout team doesnt seem like the best idea.

If you see a guy you like.... DRAFT HIM. Doesn’t matter who is ahead of him. Doesn’t matter if it’s a win now situation. Doesn’t matter how many picks you have. Get the right QB and you’re set for 10-15 years.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
Good so they need a WR, an OT, an OG, and also a QB. They need to be 2nd round quality or better but the bears have no first round pick and 2 2nd rounders.

Draft the QB next year.

Sculpt

Liked Posts:

If you see a guy you like.... DRAFT HIM. Doesn’t matter who is ahead of him. Doesn’t matter if it’s a win now situation. Doesn’t matter how many picks you have. Get the right QB and you’re set for 10-15 years.
Agree with BBS. Especially if you have a lot of picks... if there's a BPA QB this year in the lower rounds, draft him. Sometimes you get lucky. Brady was a 6th Rd draft pick. You need a PS QB anyway.

Since a draft QB this year would be a low pick (IMO), and very unlikely to ever be a starter, I wouldn't draft him over a better BPA whose a much stronger legit prospect at LT or whatever, but rather than load up on less important position picks, take a swing at a QB each year.

But also, if Pace can pull-off a trade up with all these lower picks, then fine, do that and skip a QB.

Last edited:

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
I see a late round, UDFA QB to compete with Tyler Bray to be the Practice Squad QB. From my perspective, QBs rarely end up being the BPA after the 1st round. I'd be surprised if Pace grabs a QB unless he has a hidden gem he likes later in the draft.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Any QB after Burrow, Tua and Herbert are complete shots in the dark so unless it's a 6th or 7th round pick then i'm not taking that chance with only having two 2nd's and one 5th. We have way too limited amount of picks in this draft to be using one that could be used on a player that can actually contribute to this team. If we had our 1st, 3rd and 4th then i could get behind using one to take a shot on a J.Love, J.Hurts or J.Morgan early.

Windy just wants to spend another year talking about how Pace can't evaluate QB's if he swings and misses on one in this draft with one of our 2nd rounders.

We would have no idea if he was a hit or a miss as he wouldn’t play in 2020.

Pace does suck at QBs. This would be a Nagy pick.

But if you want actual time to develop a guy this is the year. Mitch is done as a Bear in 2021 unless he does a 180, Foles can opt out, you need someone else who could be ready to start in 2021.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

What if he needs to be the #1.

I don’t really care about the practice reps, I want him in the meeting room and getting a full skill/mechanics tune up with Flip.

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
What if he needs to be the #1.

I don’t really care about the practice reps, I want him in the meeting room and getting a full skill/mechanics tune up with Flip.

If you grab a QB in round 2 that still leaves so many holes.

Draft a WR or 2 OL. Let them develop this year and draft a QB next year.