Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Seems like people are high on Caleb Jones?

BearTX

Liked Posts:
Now the hawks need to address the defense with young, physical fast players! Team speed is a need! Hate to see Duncan Keith go but a big thanks for all the joy you have bought Hawk fans.

zack54attack

Bears
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Got rid of that salary too

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Seems like people are high on Caleb Jones?
Not as high as I am on his brother Seth. I'm hoping this is at best a Dennis vs. Bobby Hull situation or at worst a Marcel vs. Marian Hossa situation, and not a David vs. Jonathan Toews situation.
Got rid of that salary too
While it's good, we're still looking down the barrel of Shaw and Seabrook's which if my CBA sense tingling, thew 'hawks need to consider them on the books once the season starts and *then* they can LTIR them to take advantage of the cap overage.

Sucks...was the best overall defenseman to play for the 'hawks IMHO. He had to do what he had to do but it's painful.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
Thanks for everything. I'll always have great memories of him during the run.

Glad we got that contract off our books.

Granada

Liked Posts:
Wow, seemed like this trade was dead in the water a day or two ago. Anyways, I'm bummed but it makes sense. As long as the Hawks are not retaining any salary, this is a decent deal. I'm glad we got a defensive prospect, and if the Hawks rumors about being interested in Seth Jones are true, this is obviously a move to entice him to play with his brother. I'm predicting this move will pay huge dividends for the Oilers, especially if they can limit his minutes.

We can say how good it is to not have the salary but, our blue line is beyond scary without Keith in it -- so be prepared. Honestly, Keith's contract wasn't all that bad -- at all -- for a top 4 d-man. If we do land Seth Jones, then you'll really have something to complain about.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Wow, seemed like this trade was dead in the water a day or two ago. Anyways, I'm bummed but it makes sense. As long as the Hawks are not retaining any salary, this is a decent deal. I'm glad we got a defensive prospect, and if the Hawks rumors about being interested in Seth Jones are true, this is obviously a move to entice him to play with his brother. I'm predicting this move will pay huge dividends for the Oilers, especially if they can limit his minutes.

We can say how good it is to not have the salary but, our blue line is beyond scary without Keith in it -- so be prepared. Honestly, Keith's contract wasn't all that bad -- at all -- for a top 4 d-man. If we do land Seth Jones, then you'll really have something to complain about.
With Seth Jones only having 1 yeat left on his current contract, you know he will be asking for big $$$$ and a longterm contract, hypothetically if the Hawks sign him, Bowman better be willing to open the cash vault wide open.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Never forget those cup runs. But here comes beating a dead horse. We should have moved on from many players years ago and rebooted this thing.

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
And there it is. Say what you will about the salary even at diminished state he's still better than Jones. Long term could end up a good trade. Short term you create a bigger hole on defense and better pray you use them money wisely.

HOF. Thank you for your service.

PeterG

Da Coach.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
LEGEND!

HSBOB

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

We now have room for more Brett 'buyout ' Connolly's.........people piss n moan about Keith's money and don't have enough fucking 'gray matter' to realize our brain dead GM is payin' this fuckin' bum 3.5M the next two years.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Now send Kane to Edmonton for Eichel and Toews to Seattle for multiple juicy picks to captain their franchise.