Dynasty Gone

supertack

Liked Posts:
Because it is when you get down to it. Since 2013 the Dodgers have made the playoffs every year. They have 1 title. The Red Sox have only made the playoffs 5 times in the same period, just over half, yet have 2 titles. Go back another decade on the Dodgers have 14 post season runs to the Red Sox 11. Sox got them 4 titles to one though. Would you rather have had the Braves 90s run or Toronto's? Would the Dodgers trade 2 or 3 non title post seasons to get the title in 2017? How long can any fanbase be satisfied with just being good to really good but only once every few decades they actually manage to win it all? Dabbling in a few seasons of suck and winning the chip is probably more satisfying.

Well from a fan's perspective, I'd much rather be pertinent every season rather than going in knowing the team will suck. I do get the argument providing the team hits on their chances. Braves 90's teams, Bears 80's teams, Bills '80's teams all kinda pissed away opportunities to hit when the iron was hot.

Conversely the Blackhawks, Oilers, Steelers, Bulls all cashed in when they got there. I get the fact that the point is to win a title, but you don't wanna go through years of hell to get there. I think the answer lies somewhere in between. If your good enough to make the playoffs, you at least have a chance. Teams that miss the playoffs have no chance.

Bearsy555

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
These moves played a huge role in the dynasty being over

Last edited by a moderator: