E3

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
What games is everyone looking forward to.

I think Nintendo won this one. I'm going to stay away from Kinect and Move. I'm sure they'll be better than the Wii, but I'd rather just play games normal.

3DS looks basically like the DS + 3D. I guess that's obvious from the name. Not really anything revolutionary, I don't see myself buying one, although I could get one just to play the new Mario Kart whenever that comes out.

But I think Nintendo wins this for two reasons, Donkey Kong Country Returns and NBA Jam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVq7XNV7K0w

Can't wait for Donkey Kong Country. It along with Bulls vs. Blazers and the NBA Playoffs were my first SNES games.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7bUm4_dyiI4

The details about NBA Jam are great. They are going to have all of the original teams from the original game. They are also going to have Punch-Out! style boss battles. Magic and Bird will be in the game.

I expect mascots to be in the game as well, so I would expect Benny, Bango, Hugo the Hornet, etc. to be all available to play with in the game.

I expect them to do a presidential team too with Barack Obam aand Bill Clinton, along with someone else. I think Obama has a high probability of being one of the boss battles too.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I think Sony & MS are making panic efforts at this point, they misjudged the market completely and Nintendo is killing them. I honestly don't think Kinect or Move or whatever is going to change that. Kinect is especially laughable, they couldn't even demo it, they had actors pretending to play games. Going to be a half baked flop for sure.

Not personally interested in hand held gaming, so not particularly excited about the 3DS, but I'm sure it'll sell as many units and Nintendo can make. Apparently people were lining up for over 2 hours to get a chance to play it.

I am super excited about Donkey Kong Country Returns though, Donkey Kong Country was the best platformer ever, I'm so glad that the sales for new Super Mario has proven there's a huge market for 2D platformers. It's a must buy for me.

NBA Jam wasn't a new announcement but it's also a must buy unless they somehow manage to completely screw it up. Hopefully you'll be able to sub players like in TE, and hopefully we have a James/Rose/Noah Bulls!

Epic Mickey I'm also interested in, I'm not really a Disney fan or anything, but Warren Spector has made so many classic games it'll be interesting to see what he can do with it. Not on my must buy list yet, but could well end up there.

On the PC I'm interested in Medal of Honor, but a bit disappointed it looks/feels so much like Bad Company rather than MoH: Allied Assault. Mostly because I'm playing Bad Company 2 to death right now, was hoping for something different and I loved Allied Assault back when it was released.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I think Nintendo had the best presentation. Sony was 2nd and Xbox was third.

I have zero interest in Kinect. A $150 add-on to play $60 casual games? No thanks.

Sony announced a new Twisted Metal which is cool. Sony Move looks okay for Tiger Woods, but I don't need any more motion sensor gaming. That's why I have a Wii.

For Nintendo I will be getting a 3DS just for Kid Icarus Rising. Finally a new Kid Icarus :woohoo:

Donkey Kong Country, new Metroid, new Zelda, new Kirby, Epic Micky, Golden Eye. Nintendo brought out the big guns this year. and they didn't put Cammy on stage this year thank god.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Kush77 wrote:
I think Nintendo had the best presentation. Sony was 2nd and Xbox was third.

I have zero interest in Kinect. A $150 add-on to play $60 casual games? No thanks.

Sony announced a new Twisted Metal which is cool. Sony Move looks okay for Tiger Woods, but I don't need any more motion sensor gaming. That's why I have a Wii.

For Nintendo I will be getting a 3DS just for Kid Icarus Rising. Finally a new Kid Icarus :woohoo:

Donkey Kong Country, new Metroid, new Zelda, new Kirby, Epic Micky, Golden Eye. Nintendo brought out the big guns this year. and they didn't put Cammy on stage this year thank god.

Nintendo has done a good job returning to their roots iwth the Wii. Yeah, it has motion controls, but there aren't really many stand out titles using their "innovation".

What will make the Wii so good in the end is Nintendo having some classic games in classic Nintendo style from when Nintendo ruled the video game world (even though Sega/Playstation sold more, SNES/N64 were obviously the superior game systems).

With Super Mario Galaxy 1 and 2, Punch-Out!, Mario Kart, Smash Bros. Brawl, New Super Mario Bros. and now NBA Jam and Donkey Kong Country, I think the Wii has done a good job of returning Nintendo to their SNES/N64 roots, which is when they were at their best.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Now the only thing Nintendo needs to do is make an epic 3D pokemon RPG for Wii.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Mafia II, Gears of War 3, NBA Jam, and Donkey Kong Country Returns are probably the only games I'll pick up that was shown.

I think they announced Civilization 5 too. If that comes out for Mac, I'll definitely pick it up.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
Civ 5 was announced back in February I think, it's certainly a game I'll buy. Don't know about a Mac version, Civ has traditionally had a 3rd party do the Mac port after the fact.

I think Nintendo has multiple angles of attack, with the motion controls for games like Wii Sports, the Wii Fit, the classic franchises, etc. But really I think it alls fits into their roots, remember Nintendo were an arcade game company before consoles, and something like Wii Sports has the quick game arcadey feel. I also don't really think you can say the motion controls haven't been used in stand out titles when Mario Kart Wii has sold 22 million copies and Wii Sports Resort 12 million. People laugh at Wii Sports Resort as a "casual" game, but it has sold as many as MS & Sony's flagships (Halo 3 and Gran Tarismo 5) combined.

Nintendo know their stuff, everyone talks about the gamecube as a failure but they made heaps of money on that because they sold every unit at a profit, meanwhile the original xbox (which only sold as many units as the cube worldwide) lost MS billions of dollars. Nintendo will still be making consoles long after Sony & Microsoft have retreated to their other business divisions.

I guess as a primarily PC gamer Nintendo are actually interesting to me, MS and Sony are just making PCs in a fancy case with worse graphics.