EA Getting Rid of Online Passes

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
EA Getting Rid of Online Passes

According to VentureBeat, John Reesburg from EA told them "none of our new EA titles will include that feature."

Also:
“Initially launched as an effort to package a full menu of online content and services, many players didn’t respond to the format. We’ve listened to the feedback and decided to do away with it moving forward.”

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
good. i can buy used games now again

MidwestDichotomy

Liked Posts:
My boycott of EA in general is now over. I'll still never buy Madden again, though.

HighJump31

N7
Donator
Liked Posts:
This move by EA makes a hell of a lot more sense now that Microsoft seems like they're restricting used games in a way. EA and Microsoft have some sort of partnership for the upcoming console cycle.

You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account.

But what if you want to bring a game disc to a friend's house and play there? You'll have to pay a fee—and not just some sort of activation fee, but the actual price of that game—in order to use a game's code on a friend's account. Think of it like a new game, Harrison says.

"The bits that are on that disc, you can give it to your friend and they can install it on an Xbox One," he said. "They would then have to purchase the right to play that game through Xbox Live."

"They would be paying the same price we paid, or less?" we asked.

"Let’s assume it’s a new game, so the answer is yes, it will be the same price," Harrison said.