dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
As a North Dakota native, GOOD, the Eagles can go FUCK themselves and Wentz can go cry in the corner.

So Mr North Dakota native, would you rather have C.Wentz or a trade up to get your other boy T.Lance??

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The irony of all of this, is that supposedly the hold up is Tarik fucking Cohen.

Eagles want him, Pace has said no, otherwise it would be a done deal.

Didn't Patterson prove Cohen was replaceable last year?

I mean over Cohen, really?

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Yup. Need to wait for better offers or keep him. The thing is that they could wait until after the draft because there's not enough QBs to go around, even in a deep QB draft but then, their 2 top prospects, Bear and the Colts may have moved on as well.

I've rather warmed up to idea of taking a shot on Wentz but also not willing to give u the farm for him.
If they wait until after the draft then they just aren't trading him. Then they miss out on this year's draft picks and no team wants to do that

TecmoSuperbOwl

Liked Posts:
This article was Wentz news I wanted to wake up too. Once in awhile it's nice to see an organization that's being run by someone dumber than Pace. Unless they cave I don't think Wentz is moving until a couple other potential moves are resolved (Carr, Watson, Darnold, Prescott). Just don't budge Pace.

NCIggles

Liked Posts:
Yup. Need to wait for better offers or keep him. The thing is that they could wait until after the draft because there's not enough QBs to go around, even in a deep QB draft but then, their 2 top prospects, Bear and the Colts may have moved on as well.

I've rather warmed up to idea of taking a shot on Wentz but also not willing to give u the farm for him.

I don't think waiting until the draft is in the cards unless Wentz agrees to push back a $10 million roster bonus that's due on day 3 of the new league year. I think they have to make a decision now. Also, teams want to plan and aren't going to deal just based on some last minute failure to get the guy they wanted in the draft. I mean we will see.

I think part of the issue is Lurie may not want to trade Wentz. Roseman may be getting pushed by Lurie to get an asking price that isn't feasible given Wentz's terrible 2020.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The irony of all of this, is that supposedly the hold up is Tarik fucking Cohen.

How did Patterson prove Cohen was replaceable? I mean i do think Cohen is replaceable but not by Patterson who wasn't good at anything but returning kicks.

nvanprooyen

Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

I just read this article on all the cap implications with Wentz's contract:

Not a great situation for them.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
How did Patterson prove Cohen was replaceable? I mean i do think Cohen is replaceable but not by Patterson who wasn't good at anything but returning kicks.

Patterson wasn't amazing, but he was better in Cohen's role than Cohen was.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Eagles don't have much leverage here.
I don't think waiting until the draft is in the cards unless Wentz agrees to push back a $10 million roster bonus that's due on day 3 of the new league year. I think they have to make a decision now. Also, teams want to plan and aren't going to deal just based on some last minute failure to get the guy they wanted in the draft. I mean we will see.

I think part of the issue is Lurie may not want to trade Wentz. Roseman may be getting pushed by Lurie to get an asking price that isn't feasible given Wentz's terrible 2020.
Forgot about that ramification. Always made more sense to trade him now. Just speculating and implied it probably was a bad idea since suitors will likely have moved on. That seals it.

Butkus34

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So Mr North Dakota native, would you rather have C.Wentz or a trade up to get your other boy T.Lance??
Do I have to pick either? I don't have an issue trading for Wentz, if the cost is low for the Bears. No way for anything above a 3rd rounder by itself, or some form of that. I would take Lance if he fell to the Bears at 20. Not enough game film to truly judge him, and for both of them they also were bolstered by NDSU's overall talent.
Wentz was coached by the guys that took over and coached Josh Allen at Wyoming so he is pro style ready which he showed once he got to the NFL. Now the glory of Wentz in ND is winning the National Championship and all that but he was injured most of that year and Easton Stick or whatever his name is played the majority of that season.

Lance was dialed in last year like not many QBs have ever been. His one game this season was rusty and I guess I am not even sure if he is going to play in their spring season games that will be starting up soon.

Long story short my preference would be trading for Carr or possibly signing a FA qb/drafting a young guy and riding it out with Foles. If the Bears trade for Wentz with a team friendly deal, I'd be happy, but leary of whether or not he showed his true colors last year. If the Bears make a move up for Lance I would hope it wouldn't be breaking the bank for him, but would be happy with a project that could sit behind Foles for a year to half year. I can't tell you whether or not he is good at reading defenses, but he is athletic as hell and pretty accurate, though I haven't seen enough of him to say he throws to wide open guys, or can throw guys open with precision.

Reactions: DC

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Patterson wasn't amazing, but he was better in Cohen's role than Cohen was.

I don't agree with that but i'm sure you'll find some others on here that do but i would think most don't think that. Cohen is good at what he does. I know he got a lot of shit for doing too much east/west running in 2019 but he was running up the middle and playing well in 2020 before he got hurt.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

I doubt that is the case. I think they are asking for two firsts and pace is only willing to part with one.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He didn't play the role Cohen plays. Cohen is a pass catching back, Patterson they used as a power back often in short yardage and rarely used him in the passing game.

Yeah i don't think either of us, or at least me, we're saying he was doing everything Cohen did, i was just saying he's the guy that took over backup RB duties which was what Cohen was doing for us before his injury.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:

I like Cohen, but not enough to hold up a deal unless that deal is a first, Cohen AND Smith

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Yeah i don't think either of us, or at least me, we're saying he was doing everything Cohen did, i was just saying he's the guy that took over backup RB duties which was what Cohen was doing for us before his injury.
I hate that it has come to this in the league, but RBs are not nearly as valuable as QBs and Pierce only got 6 Carries last year and took one in for a TD. So we might already have our replacement for Cohen on the roster