dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I hate that it has come to this in the league, but RBs are not nearly as valuable as QBs and Pierce only got 6 Carries last year and took one in for a TD. So we might already have our replacement for Cohen on the roster

I agree and really kinda feel bad for RB's in the NFL. They put their bodies through the most damage and once they get to 29-30 yrs old they're considered too old to start in the NFL and it's hard for them to find a starting job that pays them well.

We did sign A.Pierce's coach from Oregon St as our RB's coach so we'll hopefully be able to see if he belongs in the NFL. It was another stupid Nagy decision to not give this kid more playing time last year when Cohen went down.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Cohen is exactly what replaceable looks like.
While I think Cohen is a good player, I still can't get over that Pace didn't really show any interest in Hunt or Fournette when they were viable options. Especially when you look at how much of a premium we paid to Cohen compared to the Hunt prove it deal that was eventually given by the Browns and could've easily been matched. A Hunt/Montgomery combo would've been leaps and bounds better than the Montgomery/Patterson/Nall trio we saw at throughout this season.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
The irony of all of this, is that supposedly the hold up is Tarik fucking Cohen.

Eagles want him, Pace has said no, otherwise it would be a done deal.

Didn't Patterson prove Cohen was replaceable last year?

I mean over Cohen, really?

LoL

No.

The Eagles are not taking on Cohen's contract and already have a nice backfield. They would be better off taking Anthony Miller because he only has a year left on a rookie deal and the Eagles have a lot of nothing at receiver.

DB012031

Liked Posts:
Once again, GM's need to stop looking at the Stafford deal as some kind of litmus test for a QB. The only reason Detroit got that extra 1st round pick is because they were taking on Goff's albatross of a contract. Goff is basically locked in until 2023 and then they can release him out right with no dead-cap. LA, got an incredibly team friendly contract with Stafford. So in essence, LA was paying Detroit to take Goff off their hands and help them with their Salary Cap the following year. Detroit was like sure, we are blowing things up, we will take that bad contract and eat it for 2+ seasons as long as you pay us extra.

Philly is in a totally different boat, they aren't going to receive any kind of player that is a rock-star AND Wentz as a terrible contract, so Philly is going to having to give more than just Wentz to get out of it and reset their salary cap.

Marley's Liberality

Liked Posts:
Once again, GM's need to stop looking at the Stafford deal as some kind of litmus test for a QB. The only reason Detroit got that extra 1st round pick is because they were taking on Goff's albatross of a contract. Goff is basically locked in until 2023 and then they can release him out right with no dead-cap. LA, got an incredibly team friendly contract with Stafford. So in essence, LA was paying Detroit to take Goff off their hands and help them with their Salary Cap the following year. Detroit was like sure, we are blowing things up, we will take that bad contract and eat it for 2+ seasons as long as you pay us extra.

Philly is in a totally different boat, they aren't going to receive any kind of player that is a rock-star AND Wentz as a terrible contract, so Philly is going to having to give more than just Wentz to get out of it and reset their salary cap.

I think any deal needs to include clearing enough space to sign Robinson.

What's the use in having Wentz if he doesn't have receivers?

DB012031

Liked Posts:
I think any deal needs to include clearing enough space to sign Robinson.

What's the use in having Wentz if he doesn't have receivers?
That's a fair question and why I think Philly may need to include Ertz in any deal they make with Chicago. If that occurs, then it helps with the loss of ARob because we would run alot of 2 TE sets with Ertz and Kemt with Mooney on the outside. Then we go bargain shopping for another WR like Fuller/Watkins/Ross. If we go that 2 TE mode, in theory, you have less of a reliance on a True #1 WR so you can go with more of a 2/3 on the outside for deeper routes where is that 2 TE model is your security/move the chains blanket.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

msadows

Liked Posts:
Cohen is exactly what replaceable looks like.

I disagree completely.

With a good qb at the helm cohen is a fantastic weapon. With a shit oline and a shit qb he's basically a gimmick.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I disagree completely.

With a good qb at the helm cohen is a fantastic weapon. With a shit oline and a shit qb he's basically a gimmick.
By that logic Cohen is completely replaceable if the QB is an upgrade and OL continues to improve on what it was doing end of the season with upgrades in the draft/FA.

Thomas31

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Did you anyone hear that Boomer Esiason interview yesterday on the Score regarding Wentz? How he said that Wentz needs people he trusts around him to function, and how he is a 'damaged goods', and that Mitch is a better option for the Bears and "more stable" than Wentz?

wow....

nope....Don't want him. Just go get Carr, Franchise AR, draft OL, wr, and a young QB and just be done with it....

Wentz sounds like a headcase, and why would the Bears give up the moon for this dude?

BEARS

MikeDitkaPolishSausage

Liked Posts:
I disagree completely.

Cohen is a fantastic weapon no matter what the situation is at QB or OL. He is someone that has to be schemed properly for. Even bad QBs can make the throws needed to get Cohen the ball.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He didn't play the role Cohen plays. Cohen is a pass catching back, Patterson they used as a power back often in short yardage and rarely used him in the passing game.
Correct, what moron would ever put Cohen on 3rd and short...

Bears4Ever_34

Liked Posts:
Lol, Philly is delusional if they think they deserve anything more than compensatory picks for a quarterback on a toxic contract who was awful last year. This is no different than Jared Goff. The Eagles should be the one giving up a 1st round pick for another team to take him, not the other way around. Any talk to the contrary is just nonsense.

Last edited:
Reactions: DC

Probie2429

Liked Posts:
I'd rather have Minshew. On a cheap contract (gives you more options to throw money at OL or WR), younger, less injury concern, and shouldn't cost that much to obtain. Minshew has had success just needs to be more consistent.

Suave Craig Conroy

Liked Posts:
Bears were never close to it, irs obvious what happened here.

>Bears inquire about Wentz
>Philadelphia demands kings ransom
>Teams negotiate, Philly asks for 1st, Cohen, Foles. Bears decline
>Philly releases the news about a done deal, hoping that Bears fans rejoice, therein pressuring Chicago to give in.
>Backfires when Bears fans and front office collectively laughs at stupid Wentz pricetag