Eagles don’t feel fair offer received for Wentz

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Carson Wentz is coming off his worst season in the NFL in which he was benched for a Day Two rookie and this dorkchop is seriously wondering why no one wants to give up a ransom of picks???

Wentz finished with -780 passing DYAR, worst in the league and one of the 10 worst seasons in DVOA history. He was well on pace to at least break the Eagles’ record of -962, set by Bobby Hoying in 1998, and had an outside chance at 2018 Josh Rosen’s low-water mark of -1,145 before being benched late in the year. Wentz’s -35.9% DVOA was the fifth-worst in history among players with at least 400 pass attempts; we have rarely seen a passer play this poorly in such a large sample size. And, if you prefer classical stats, Wentz led the league in both sacks and interceptions, the first player to pull off that double since 2015.

If you want to sell off some stock after the company bottoms out...you tend to end up with less than you paid.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
The longer they wait the worse it is for them. They bluffed, sent out a bunch of bullshit about the price being 2 1sts, all kinds of teams interested, and heard crickets. Now there is no going back for them with Wentz and if other deals start happening, QB seats in the musical chairs will fill and they will need to lower expectations to not be left with a guy with no seat and no desire to stay with a team that doesn't want him.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The longer they wait the worse it is for them. They bluffed, sent out a bunch of bullshit about the price being 2 1sts, all kinds of teams interested, and heard crickets. Now there is no going back for them with Wentz and if other deals start happening, QB seats in the musical chairs will fill and they will need to lower expectations to not be left with a guy with no seat and no desire to stay with a team that doesn't want him.
I actually like Wentz and think he will rebound to being the very good player he'd been his entire career before last year. But the eagles expecting two firsts for a guy coming off a historically bad season in which everyone has to hope it was a fluke is ridiculous. Stafford and Carr may be losers, but their production never wavered, so there isn't really questions about what you'll get from them. That allows their teams to ask for more. Eagles will either keep wentz or get realistic

Last edited:

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pace does the right thing and gets acknowledgement shit for it.
:dog:

Dragon Slayer

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Roseman can get fucked. Wentz will eventually push himself out.
There is just no way Wentz can end up back in Philly right? That bridge hasn't been burned, it feels like it was blown up. The Eagles are just going to have to take what they can get.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
There are only so many 1st round picks being thrown around for trade for QB's in any off season, this year is the largest starting QB trade market in my lifetime, so it is a bit of a buyers market for the disciplined buyer. Pace has shown to be a bad impulse buyer and is like the guy that sees the car on that pedestal outside a dealership and pays exactly what they are asking for it, adds the undercoating, cloth protection, and extended warranty once the dealer says he has another guy coming to look at it in an hour.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Pace does the right thing and gets acknowledgement shit for it.
:dog:
I think you are jumping the gun here. All we know is Pace has not done an epic level dumb thing, yet. He still has time to get nervous and overpay. I have zero confidence he does the right thing. For Wentz, that is #20, Foles, and Miller for Wentz and #37 or their 3rd or pass.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
There is just no way Wentz can end up back in Philly right? That bridge hasn't been burned, it feels like it was blown up. The Eagles are just going to have to take what they can get.
Yeah I can't imagine him being back there next year. He has been pretty open he doesn't want to be there and now everyone knows they tried to trade him. He obviously has issues when he doesn't have 100% support so that trust is broken at this point.

Looks like other teams started leaking counter information on the trades and have turned the tables. At this point philly probably needs to make something happen fast or let things play out until all the other options are gone and they have leverage against teams who are desperate.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
I think the Bears should leak that the Bears made a fair offer and the Eagles counter offer was unrealistic for a QB that was benched last year (what have you done for me lately).

They will likely be silent, and that is actually a smart strategy, just in case the Eagles come to the realization that they are not going to get a king's ransom, and Wentz is not going to help the organization by chewing up that much cap space and not starting....

Major Ursa

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Utah State Aggies
I think the Bears should leak that the Bears made a fair offer and the Eagles counter offer was unrealistic for a QB that was benched last year (what have you done for me lately).

They will likely be silent, and that is actually a smart strategy, just in case the Eagles come to the realization that they are not going to get a king's ransom, and Wentz is not going to help the organization by chewing up that much cap space and not starting....
That would be playing chess and Pace is Hungry Hungry Hippos kind of guy.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
The Eagles don't have much leverage here.
Yup. Need to wait for better offers or keep him. The thing is that they could wait until after the draft because there's not enough QBs to go around, even in a deep QB draft but then, their 2 top prospects, Bear and the Colts may have moved on as well.

I've rather warmed up to idea of taking a shot on Wentz but also not willing to give u the farm for him.

For those interested in Carr. He has never won a game below 50* until he faced the Browns this year. He was 15-24, 111 YDS, 1 TD that game. He also fumbled once. Tons of arm talent but...

Last edited: