Rise

Liked Posts:
Nagy’s best friend.

Unannounced Fart

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Southern California Trojans
When someone says a team is tanking, 99% of the time it's BS, but in this case, the Eagles really were trying to lose on purpose.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
You know it's bad when even the announcers are calling it out lol.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
I guess they decided that they hate the Giants more than the Redskins?

Montucky

Liked Posts:
It was an egregious enough example that I think it merits at least some investigation and perhaps the loss of the draft pick the Eagles were tanking to improve. Primetime, last game of the regular season, the playoff fate of two teams in the balance...and tanking? The NFL has an opportunity to send a message that this behavior won't be tolerated.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It was an egregious enough example that I think it merits at least some investigation and perhaps the loss of the draft pick the Eagles were tanking to improve. Primetime, last game of the regular season, the playoff fate of two teams in the balance...and tanking? The NFL has an opportunity to send a message that this behavior won't be tolerated.
I read on PARLER that the NFL might be in on the whole thing.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
You know it's bad when even the announcers are calling it out lol.
I've never seen it before in an NFL game and the somber mood around the broadcast following the game was almost eerie.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
am i the only who doesn’t care or see anything wrong here? they would be stupid to not do what they did in that situation.
Its match-fixing, which is explicitly against NFL rules and is legally dubious to say the least. It is against the rules for a team to intentionally lose a game. There are ways around this, like the Steelers sitting Rudolph to rest Roethlisberger of the near-decade of the Colts not playing their starters week sixteen or seventeen during the Manning years, but the Eagles took it a step further. The coaches actively interfered with the outcome of the game by intentionally losing as the game was going on.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Its match-fixing, which is explicitly against NFL rules and is legally dubious to say the least. It is against the rules for a team to intentionally lose a game. There are ways around this, like the Steelers sitting Rudolph to rest Roethlisberger of the near-decade of the Colts not playing their starters week sixteen or seventeen during the Manning years, but the Eagles took it a step further. The coaches actively interfered with the outcome of the game by intentionally losing as the game was going on.
lol. so you admit teams get around this all the time yet you feel outraged because of this?? l could care less if the only difference is the eagles made it more obvious than other teams

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Can someone provide context for those that didn't want to watch a football game between two shitty teams?
The Eagles were down by three and passed on a game-tying field goal to go for it on 4th and goal. Then they benched Hurts, who had led the offense to sporadic success during the game, for Nate Sudfeld. Sudfeld turned the ball over twice in four plays but stayed in the game. The Eagles jumped offsides on a 4th and 1 (and extremely uncommon occurrence in the NFL) which allowed the Football Team to run the clock even more. The final Eagles drive was completely gutless.

Individually these are all uncommon but not totally implausible moves (aside from Sudfeld coming in), but combined there's enough smoke to say there was fire.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
lol. so you admit teams get around this all the time yet you feel outraged because of this?? l could care less if the only difference is the eagles made it more obvious than other teams
The Eagles were on a clear course to win that game but their coach made sure they didn't. The Steelers against the Browns this week clearly were trying to win, so much so that they desperately went for two and had an onside attempt. Tomlin let the chips fall where they may once the game started.

That's the difference.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
He doesn't like it because it was too obvious for him?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
The Eagles were on a clear course to win that game but their coach made sure they didn't. The Steelers against the Browns this week clearly were trying to win, so much so that they desperately went for two and had an onside attempt. Tomlin let the chips fall where they may once the game started.

That's the difference.
it could be said peterson did the same. why risk an injury to Hurts? same logic applies.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

That's the difference.

Be honest you're just mad that people 'not as smart as you' were able to see this tank job lol.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
it could be said peterson did the same. why risk an injury to Hurts? same logic applies.
The fact you are going to these types of disingenuous lengths to excuse this exposes that you ultimately agree that the Eagles behavior was at best unsporting and unethical.