Earl Bennett Not Included

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Michael C. Wright ‏@mikecwright 2h
Cutler, Martellus Bennett, Marquess Wilson, Alshon Jeffery, Matt Forte, all going down to Florida to work w/Brandon Marshall this offseason.

Botfly has a thread about the future Miami "mini-camp" involving our offensive play-makers. I didn't want to hijack his thread, so I'm starting this one.

My questions are these...........

Why was Earl Bennett not invited and/or included?

Does this signal that he is no longer part of the team & will soon be traded or cut?

R_Mac_1

Liked Posts:
Maybe he's still dealing with family stuff and so they haven't had the chance to include him in the discussion. It was only a few days ago that he missed a game because of it.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
he wasn't included last year either. Earl is so good he doesn't need to train. And yeah, his brother just died, so...

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
Maybe he's still dealing with family stuff and so they haven't had the chance to include him in the discussion. It was only a few days ago that he missed a game because of it.
That's true.

Michael Wright didn't announce when the Miami "minicamp" was taking place, but I would think that Earl would have enough time to deal with the family stuff & join the rest of the offense in Miami. I just find it odd that his name was excluded.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Earl is going through a tough time right now and had a pretty good second half of the year. Our top 4 receivers are pretty much set in Marshall, Jeffery, Wilson and Bennett. We have two spots open. In very good shape at the WR position.

botfly10

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cause Miami can't handle no Earl

fatbeard

Liked Posts:
Wilson's development trajectory and the fact that he's much cheaper makes Bennett expendable. He'll get a decent raise through FA from someone though.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
By development trajectory do you mean his 2 catches?

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Doesnt meet the required 6'1" + necessary to be invited

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Botfly has a thread about the future Miami "mini-camp" involving our offensive play-makers. I didn't want to hijack his thread, so I'm starting this one.

My questions are these...........

Why was Earl Bennett not invited and/or included?

Does this signal that he is no longer part of the team & will soon be traded or cut?

There is a height restriction

must-be-this-high.jpg

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I would imagine he will be down there at some point. I for one hope he stays with the Bears.

jc456

Liked Posts:
That's true.

Michael Wright didn't announce when the Miami "minicamp" was taking place, but I would think that Earl would have enough time to deal with the family stuff & join the rest of the offense in Miami. I just find it odd that his name was excluded.
Right, because you know everything bears!

DJMoore_is_fat

Liked Posts:
Earl Bennett is a total bust. I feel bad he's dealing with serious family issues but that doesn't change the fact that he's unproductive. Hopefully Wilson can blossom into our third WR and we can acquire a 4th WR this off-season.

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
lol, it figures you would just blindly put faith in someone who has barely seen any nfl action because of your anti-Earl and inability to comprehend how being the 4th or 5th read on most plays works.

I bet you were pissed every time Earl scored one of his TDs this year

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
Earl Bennett is a total bust. I feel bad he's dealing with serious family issues but that doesn't change the fact that he's unproductive. Hopefully Wilson can blossom into our third WR and we can acquire a 4th WR this off-season.

A total bust? May Earl have mercy on your soul.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
That's true.

You're talking like this is happening tomorrow

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

BIGGIEsmalls 23

Liked Posts:
You're talking like this is happening tomorrow
That was my whole point.

Since it's not happening tomorrow & Earl will have time to deal with his family issues, why was he excluded?

That's the question.