Early indication is the two teams who will pursue Jarvis Landry most: Bears & Ravens

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

tenor.gif

Noonthirtyjoe

Liked Posts:
I have reservations about Landry and quite frankly I have doubts that Pace can land him based on previous players that have turned us down.

This line of thought needs to go. The past is gone and the reasons we could not land top FA's is gone too. This team and staff is attractive to FA's now. I would go so far as to say top FA's will have us on their wish lists.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:
Can we get over the fucking Alston Jeffrey walking BS? It has been reported everywhere that he didn’t want to be in Chicago regardless of money. Pace’s fault, my fault, your fault, no one’s fault, he’s gone. Quit assigning blame, quite bitching and move one. He is a very good WR everyone would love to still see as a Bear. He isn’t and won’t be so let it the fuck go.

Let’s find a new guy or guys in FA or the draft and move forward.

I don't get what all this "get over it" crap is. Pace is still the gm so we have to discuss his failures. Emery or angelo where never afforded these kind of passes for their poor moves. I remember we talked about dan bazuin and gaines adams until angelo was fired. We talked about shea and trestman until emery was fired. We should talk about all of paces failed moves while evaluating him. This is why bears are closer to the browns then pats, stelers or packers. Why should management care about building a good product when we fans dont even demand excellence?

In fact now is the best time to talk about his. Pace should recognize his failures at wr. He replaced alshon, marshall, and bennet with kevin white, marcus weaton and the rest of the crappola they call receivers. He needs to go out there and sign landry knowing that if he doesnt get it right this year, a lot of fans will become anti pace. Actually even that might not be enough to get rid of the pace love.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
This line of thought needs to go. The past is gone and the reasons we could not land top FA's is gone too. This team and staff is attractive to FA's now. I would go so far as to say top FA's will have us on their wish lists.
So you are saying a FA WR meeting Nagy and Helfrich and them describing the innovative ways they will use him will be more attractive than meeting Fox/Loggains and them, asking a guy, "We run,run,pass, punt here boy, are you on board? Either way, I don't give a rip!"?

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
Neither the Dolphins or Ravens can make a financially competitive offer with the Bears.

Both will need to cut players just to get a functional cap number.

Screw it, let’s go balls deep.

9df4bd731528e6cd353c26ca4352245d57b93d0f_hq.gif

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Neither the Dolphins or Ravens can make a financially competitive offer with the Bears.

Both will need to cut players just to get a functional cap number.

Screw it, let’s go balls deep.

So this is how I see Windy in regard to Landry:
[video=youtube_share;lX5tfRdkoY0]https://youtu.be/lX5tfRdkoY0[/video]

SugarWalls

Liked Posts:
I have reservations about Landry and quite frankly I have doubts that Pace can land him based on previous players that have turned us down.

Lol relax man have a little optimism, this team is different. You said the same shit about pace and the bears being able to even land an interview with coaching candidates and Pace nabbed your top pick, then they retained fangio as the icing on top. The other coaching hires have been stellar.... shits moving in the right direction this off season.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Going to be a lot of sad Landry fans when he signs with someone else.

Rise

Liked Posts:
We would be very fortunate to land a talent like Landry. I think our main competition for offensive playmakers is going to be the 49ers. I mean our pitch is we are up and coming, so is theirs. Should be interesting.

msadows

Liked Posts:
We would be very fortunate to land a talent like Landry. I think our main competition for offensive playmakers is going to be the 49ers. I mean our pitch is we are up and coming, so is theirs. Should be interesting.

Hopefully giving jimmy G a huge contract will scare them away from giving away a top 5 WR contract in the league.

Alpha Male

Liked Posts:

I seriously hope it's not the 49ers vs the bears. Ever since the trade up lynch and pace are being compared to each other. Ravens vs the bears I think we can handle. If lynch gets landry over pace, you don't want to be at CCS that day.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

But Landry means you don’t have to

1. Hope a couple of tier 2 free agents can step up into bigger roles than they have on previous teams

2. Hope a draft Pick is ready to contribute early as a rookie.

You would have someone capable of handling a lot of targets and who can consistently produce.

I don't see next year as being a year that i'm expecting as much as some seem to be expecting. I see next year as a team still building with a 2nd year QB who's still very green and didn't get to learn as much as we would of liked for him to because....J.Fox and D.Loggains. We're also giving that 2nd year QB a brand new system to learn and having to learn it with new weapons at WR and with most likely Shaheen playing much more and those two didn't get that much playing time with each other next year because.....J.Fox and D.Loggains. I just don't think if we do draft a WR early that we should expect to be a big contributer right away but of course it would be great if he did, shit it would be great if everyone did though.

Who knows, we could take off and everyone just clicks for us but i just don't think fans should go into next season expecting a playoff team to take shape as soon as next season. Having a strong WR group sure would help though especially with the best slot receiver in the game in J.Landry helping the young WR's and Trubs.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I doubt SF gets involved, they seem to have stolen Trent Taylor’s in the slot.

If we can’t beat out the Browns with Hugh Jackson and AJ McCarron I quit life.

I can see J.Gruden and the Raiders being his top choice if the cut Crabtree (which is what some are saying they will do) and go after Landry to play with A.Cooper. Players still love the silver and black and now that they have Gruden back i think he will attract a lot of offensive players.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

Thank you for this. Not sure some will listen but that's CCS for ya.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

I think they're pitch will also include K.Shanhan, Jimmy G and that San Fran weather which are all good parts of their pitch.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think his point is you spent 18m last year for a benchwarmer. Why not apply a lesser cap hit on a 3x pro bowler.

They have nothing to do with each other though. Mutually exclusive. That Glennon money is gone and spent.

By your logic, why not sign any FA player to a huge contract because we overpaid for Glennon.

Les Grossman

Liked Posts:
I think they're pitch will also include K.Shanhan, Jimmy G and that San Fran weather which are all good parts of their pitch.

Agreed. Shanny and Garrapolo will be good pitches. 49ers are a team seemingly on the rise. I believe te Bears are too, but imo the Ravens are on the downward spiral. There were talks of moving on from Harbaugh which doesn’t sound like an attractive situation for a FA.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
sigpic34596_30.gif
If you are going to post incessantly, could you at least change your signature pic to something other than a cloud vajayjay? It is disturbing to scroll down and see it over and over again.
Thanks in advance.