My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
that would only imply Fields and the offense failed hardcore. Least the Bears will have a top 5 pick to draft another qb, heh
And the 35 year rebuild continues

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
that would only imply Fields and the offense failed hardcore. Least the Bears will have a top 5 pick to draft another qb, heh

The offense can be middle of the pack- far better than last year- and still go 4 and 13 with this defense.

The bears faced the least pass attempts in the league last year and were still top 5 in passing touchdowns allowed.

Growing pains and increased pass attempts might turn this in to a legendary bad year for the d.

On the bright side, we should get to see the offense try to win shootouts.

mecha

Liked Posts:
The offense can be middle of the pack- far better than last year- and still go 4 and 13 with this defense.

The bears faced the least pass attempts in the league last year and were still top 5 in passing touchdowns allowed.

Growing pains and increased pass attempts might turn this in to a legendary bad year for the d.

wasn't that the reason the secondary was addressed in the draft and everyone was mad that they didn't get a wide receiver with the 2nd round pick?

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
wasn't that the reason the secondary was addressed in the draft and everyone was mad that they didn't get a wide receiver with the 2nd round pick?

Yup- we are crawling out of a failed rebuild in to rebuild 2.0... with holes everywhere you gotta do what you can do.

I have no complaints addressing the secondary... that was straight up hideous last year.

mecha

Liked Posts:
Yup- we are crawling out of a failed rebuild in to rebuild 2.0... with holes everywhere you gotta do what you can do.

I have no complaints addressing the secondary... that was straight up hideous last year.
3-4 just never made any sense to me when you're going up against 5 guys on an offensive line. Mack getting double teamed every play. you have to have some premier strength up front and I just don't think the Bears ever were able to get to that level, especially with Hicks injured half the time every season. if they get more pressure up front the secondary will automatically get better.

alas I find no issue with the draft. given what resources they had available. Poles had the right idea going into the offseason trying to sort out the bad contracts. still don't understand why everyone's bitching so much about how awful the team's going to be when we already knew they were going to be bad.

Bust

Liked Posts:
3-4 just never made any sense to me when you're going up against 5 guys on an offensive line. Mack getting double teamed every play. you have to have some premier strength up front and I just don't think the Bears ever were able to get to that level, especially with Hicks injured half the time every season. if they get more pressure up front the secondary will automatically get better.

alas I find no issue with the draft. given what resources they had available. Poles had the right idea going into the offseason trying to sort out the bad contracts. still don't understand why everyone's bitching so much about how awful the team's going to be when we already knew they were going to be bad.

speaking of hicks, he still a free agent. hmmmmmmmm

Comes down to turnover ratio.

Bears were minus 13 in that dept. 2nd worst ratio in the NFL.

Spitta Andretti

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
speaking of hicks, he still a free agent. hmmmmmmmm

Comes down to turnover ratio.

Bears were minus 13 in that dept. 2nd worst ratio in the NFL.

And now we have a coach who preaches turnovers and had the Colts rated among the best in that category

Hmmmmmm

BearbaFett

Liked Posts:
yeah, i'm not sure if i'm buying that the bears are gonna trot out a shit-tier defense. eberflus has gotten solid defenses out of limited talent in the past. if the defense proves to be middle-of-the-pack and fields incrementally improves as the season goes on like everyone is hoping/expecting, i see them going anywhere from 6-11 to 9-8 with that schedule.

they'll beat the teams they're supposed to (texans/giants/falcons), lose to the teams they're supposed to (packers/bills/cowboys), but what will swing the record is the toss up games against similarly matched teams like the eagles/dolphins/commanders.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
And now we have a coach who preaches turnovers and had the Colts rated among the best in that category

Hmmmmmm

That alone is enough to keep me quiet while he tries to make something of this.
Turnover ratio is the be all end all.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies

To your first point, the 3-4 is a 5 man front in reality. Two DEs, a NT, and two OLBs in the base defense. Our sub package when in nickel was still a four man front with the OLBs being defacto ends and two of the interior OL still being there.

airtime143

CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

off topic, but you mention mack.
Mack is going to have some pretty good numbers this year, and people are going to bitch about him having a career year after leaving.

That is going to be an illusion. Bosa is going to be getting the double teams and the chargers can put teams in to throwing mode early and often. (not to mention the quarterback situation in the west- 6 games will be against teams that will be game planning 40+ dropbacks a game. The opportunity is going to be constant for him)

Mack is still gonna be the same dude he was here, he is just walking in to a tailor made situation for success.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
off topic, but you mention mack.
Mack is going to have some pretty good numbers this year, and people are going to bitch about him having a career year after leaving.

That is going to be an illusion. Bosa is going to be getting the double teams and the chargers can put teams in to throwing mode early and often. (not to mention the quarterback situation in the west- 6 games will be against teams that will be game planning 40+ dropbacks a game. The opportunity is going to be constant for him)

Mack is still gonna be the same dude he was here, he is just walking in to a tailor made situation for success.
Mack is a beast., always has been.