Early predictions for Chicago Bears 2022 schedule

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I'm not sure why the 2nd year is so relevant. Watson was 4-12 the year before last. Ryan has had many poor records as a franchise qb. Herbert's team was bad as a rookie even though he played at an elite level. The team can still be really bad while Fields improves and plays well
The 2nd year typically is the year where the QB improves the most. Yes, QBs can have good years such as Ryan in 2016 or bad years such as Watson in 2020.

What I am saying is that if Fields has considerable improvement this year, I can't see the Bears as a team being worse than last year. For one, good QB play makes the players around him better. And 2nd, the roster is not significantly worse than last year for reasons I have gone over already in the past.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
The 2nd year typically is the year where the QB improves the most. Yes, QBs can have good years such as Ryan in 2016 or bad years such as Watson in 2020.

What I am saying is that if Fields has considerable improvement this year, I can't see the Bears as a team being worse than last year. For one, good QB play makes the players around him better. And 2nd, the roster is not significantly worse than last year for reasons I have gone over already in the past.
Watson didn't have a bad year in 2020

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
Watson didn't have a bad year in 2020
For his standards, they were not up to par. His stats were pretty inflated and he did not deliver late in close games - atleast early in the season. They all gave up though once they were out of it. The Bears game was a joke.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
2020 was an anomaly of a season too with basically no fans or real training camp.

If Fields puts up 33 TDs to 7 INT, I will be ecstatic. And shocked if they win only 4 games.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
For his standards, they were not up to par. His stats were pretty inflated and he did not deliver late in close games - atleast early in the season. They all gave up though once they were out of it. The Bears game was a joke.
Maybe just take the L instead of sounding more uninformed.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Matt Nagy's super bowl.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:

airtime143

This place is dead and buried.
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Watson
Rookie in 2017: 4-12 (3-4 individual record)
2nd year 2018: 11-5 made playoffs
Watson completely elevated a bad team

Ryan
Rookie in 2008: 11-5 made playoffs
2nd year in 2009: 9-7 (8-5 individual record)
Ryan was already on a good team

Murray
Rookie in 2019: 5-10-1
2nd year in 2020: 8-8
Improvement in Murray lead to improvement in the team

Herbert
Rookie in 2020: 7-9
2nd year in 2021: 9-8
Improvement in Herbert lead to improvement in the team

Only Ryan had a worst record in his 2nd year and that was only because of the anomaly of the team playing so well his rookie year where Michael Turner was sensational.

Not sure what you were trying to provide with these names but these are not QBs that got better the 2nd year where the team did not.

On "Herbert improving and elevating the team"...
Not quite.

He broke the rookie passing touchdown record year one, 31 tds and 10 picks in only 15 games, along with 4300 yards and only 10 ints.

He was lights out year one and played exactly how he did in 21.

I would argue he elevated a dimal 5-11 team to 7-9 after taking over for a future hall of fame qb.

There were no rookie issues that cost him wins. He brought the whole team up immediately.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
On "Herbert improving and elevating the team"...
Not quite.

He broke the rookie passing touchdown record year one, 31 tds and 10 picks in only 15 games, along with 4300 yards and only 10 ints.

He was lights out year one and played exactly how he did in 21.

I would argue he elevated a dimal 5-11 team to 7-9 after taking over for a future hall of fame qb.

There were no rookie issues that cost him wins. He brought the whole team up immediately.
Basically he elevated his team in year 1 even. So you would agree that a QB playing well will elevate the team almost every time right?