Eberflus, Quinn, Caldwell 2nd Interviews

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
So those are the known finalists(or maybe semi-finalists?)

I like Eberflus. Quinn would be pretty meh but I could get behind it. I would absolutely hate Caldwell hire.

Rise

Liked Posts:
George had to do something quick cause Bears fans had one day of happiness thanks to the rejected Bear Gould. Back to sadness.

BearClaw55

SELL THE TEAM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Typical Bears ownership list. Always trying to prove the fans wrong instead of focusing on winning.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Its going to be Eberflus and then a rotating carousel of offensive coordinators for Justin Fields.

I am starting to believe the Bears front office has serious doubts about Fields and building a team around him.

Yogi

Liked Posts:
Feels like they're settling on a ceiling of 10-7.

And I'm still baffled by the Caldwell inclusion. He'd immediately become the 4th oldest coach in the league (with infinitely less career success than the three that are older), and require replacing in a few years regardless of success/failure.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Caldwell might have to have a nap in-between on two-a-days
He's younger than Bill B and Arians, this whole he's too old narrative is ignorant. Do I want a 67 yo head coach ? No. Is this a better candidate than Frazire, yes by a mile.

I know nothing about pusselfuss, and I know enough about Dan Quinn to say hard pass. This the 'committee' final 3, not the GMs btw.

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
I would not be upset about Caldwell at all. I think that pairing makes some sense with Justin Fields.

How? Caldwell has never developed a young quarterback. I guess if you want Fields to throw the ball 600 times and to have no running game, Caldwell is your guy.

The guy is 67. He hasn't coached in any capacity since 2017 outside of 6 months during the off-season of 2019, at which point he stepped down due to health concerns.

The idea that the guy to lead the Bears turn around has been unemployed for 4 years is ridiculous.

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
How? Caldwell has never developed a young quarterback. I guess if you want Fields to throw the ball 600 times and to have no running game, Caldwell is your guy.

The guy is 67. He hasn't coached in any capacity since 2017 outside of 6 months during the off-season of 2019, at which point he stepped down due to health concerns.

The idea that the guy to lead the Bears turn around has been unemployed for 4 years is ridiculous.
He was the QB coach for Indianapolis.

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
He's younger than Bill B and Arians, this whole he's too old narrative is ignorant. Do I want a 67 yo head coach ? No. Is this a better candidate than Frazire, yes by a mile.

I know nothing about pusselfuss, and I know enough about Dan Quinn to say hard pass. This the 'committee' final 3, not the GMs btw.
So who says they don't need a nap in-between on two-a-days?