Ed dodds Withdraws GM name from Bears

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Why do I want to go to an 80+ page thread to find out if something might have happened that day when I can look at a thread with the title that tells me one thing that happened and then be able to pick and chose what things happened that I am interested in?

If there were things of more importance going on than GM and HC hiring, they might get thrown to the second page without being seen, but:
  1. there is NOTHING more important for Bear fans nor the Bears team than the search for the next GM and HC, besides the McCaskeys selling the team.
  2. If the McCaskey happened to suddenly sell the team, it would be the #1 item in all sports networks and would certainly have multiple threads on the front page.
  3. There are not enough CCS members to easily create so many threads to instantly drop a thread from the front page unless someone goes to the necro area and brings back about 50 threads.
    1. That is usually dealt with by the Staff.

This is an annual thing with people. The Bears offseason comes along and some members create these stupid all-inclusive 50+ page threads that do nothing for the CCS members. They then complain that people are not using these all-inclusive threads and are creating individual threads to communicate.

Because it is the Bears offseason (the post season has come along but the Bears are over and done with), there is not a lot going on. There is not a lot to be talked about on the front page besides the GM and HC hires.

Why not let people create individual threads of what is going on that day with the GM and HC interviews and, at the end of the day, the staff can merge them with the 80+ page thread?

I always think that extreme examples clarify things.

Extreme 1 - zero pinned all-inclusive threads

1. There are several threads for every GM or HC candidate.
    1. Only one or two of those threads get any responses and the other ones get dropped to the second page and the necro area.
    2. eventually there is only one active thread for each candidate.
      1. At the start, it is problematic because there are more than 20 candidates and only 20 spots on the front page.
      2. The candidates that are more interesting to CCS will get mentioned more often and, thus, stay on the front page.
      3. Once some GM and HC candidates are no longer in the running, there will be less problems with them staying on the front page.
      4. Once a GM or HC is hired, all the other candidates' threads will end up in necro.
      5. Even the threads about the GM and the HC will end up in necro about a week after their hires because it will no longer be a subject of interest.
    3. There will be some playoff threads that will knock some candidates to the second page.
      1. As mentioned above, it will only be a problem when there are a lot of candidates. Once a hire happens, there will be less and less candidate threads that will take up space on the front page.
    4. Once the playoffs end and the GM and HC is hired, the front page will become a wasteland until ...
    5. Draft time comes along.
      1. there will be lots of mock drafts that will knock the GM/HC and playoff threads to necroland.
      2. Possible draft targets will get threads. If interesting, they will stick around the front page for a bit, else they will be gone.
    6. All of this will be rinse and repeat for free agency and the actual draft. Same thing every year.
  2. Conclusion
    1. Without the all-inclusive threads
      1. there will be a small battle for front page views for a small amount of time which will quickly go away in time. Same thing happens every year.
      2. people will vote up the threads they are interested in by posting in them. Those threads will stay on the front page until no one is interested in them. Then they go to necroland.
      3. Being the Bears offseason 2022, there will not be a lot of threads more important than the HC and GM candidate threads.
      4. People will be able to see immediately what is of interest to other CCS members just by reading the threads.
        1. they will then be able to pick and choose which threads they want to read.
      5. The front page will not be compromised with individual threads too much.
    2. With an "everything but the kitchen sink" all inclusive thread (extreme example of everything going in it).
      1. people will have to wade through hundreds of pages to try to figure out what happened that day
      2. the crazies will start an argument in the middle of page 87 and continue into the 120s, most of those pages being filled with their childish arguments.
        1. people are going to have to go through almost 40 pages of garbage to see if there is a bit of news after the combatants naptime.
          1. at least with arguments in individual threads, one can leave that thread and go to another thread and hope that the crazies stay in the first thread.
        2. lots of time will be wasted going through those pages and other pages and there might not even be any news that is interesting to them.
      3. At least the front page will be clean
        1. there will be
          1. a pinned welcome thread
          2. a pinned rules and regulations thread
          3. a pinned Bears roll call thread
          4. a pinned politics rules thread
          5. a pinned "everything but the kitchen sink" thread
          6. and the rest of the front page will be filled with kitchen sink talk.
      4. Conclusion
        1. all-inclusive threads are stupid
        2. All-inclusive threads waste people's time
        3. all-inclusive threads try to save valuable front page space which makes no sense when there is not anything going on more important than the GM and HC search right now, which are the things that SHOULD be on a front page.
Oh you can use the search function too.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Based on what people said about Ed Dodds' personality, and how honest and "pull no punches" he is, it really didn't seem like a fit with the mom and pop shop that the Chicago Bears are. They seem to want their ass kissed whilst smoke is being blown up it.

JoJoBoxer

Liked Posts:
Oh you can use the search function too.
Search what?

I don't know what went down that day!

Am I going to search every day for Fields rumors, Eburflus, Ed Dodds, Sean Desai and McDaniels to see if they happen to have any information that day? And those are the ones that made it to the front page.

Can you even understand how stupid your suggestion is?

I could spend an entire day searching for possible things that happened like "David Montgomery retirement", "George McCaskey fired by Virginia", "Olin Kreutz new chairman of the board" and thousands more.

Are you too blind to understand than a quick look at the front page will get me much more information that randomly pecking my keyboard all day hoping that I catch onto with random searches?

And even there, what is better for me, clicking on a thread about the one subject that I am interested in and reading about it, along with some random crazies or going to page 145 and then trying to separate the posts I am interested in from the same crazies along with people talking about other subjects that I am not interested in.

Before you go there, yes, I can keep searching for a GM's or HC's name, but that is not how people here deal with it. Many just post about someone and do not use quotes. Because of this, it is easier to understand that when someone says, "he is a leader of men" that the poster is talking about Morocco Brown in a Morocco Brown thread than it would in an all-inclusive thread where every GM and HC has been mentioned for the last 100 pages and someone might be posting about Morocco Brown on page 50, or was it Ed Dodds on page 23 or even Brian Leftwich on page 103?

Last edited: