Ed Dodds

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He seems to be a top GM candidate. Besides his time in Seattle and Indy, does anyone know anything about this guy? I can’t find anything else online.

How old is he? Where did he grow up? What was he doing before Seattle?

Just curious.

Rise

Liked Posts:
He’s got da fire and da passion

Nelly

Liked Posts:
I like the name. Simple, easy to say. He's the front-runner in my book, WAY ahead of of Kwesi Adofo-Mensah.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I like the name. Simple, easy to say. He's the front-runner in my book, WAY ahead of of Kwesi Adofo-Mensah.
Probably my top two candidates that have actually been linked to them. Dodds is far and away the best option

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Is he fired up?
You know who else likes to get fired up?

images

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Soooo anyone know how old he is? or what he did before Seattle?

MakeMyDay

VISIONARY
Donator
Liked Posts:
He sounds like he would be a good choice - He is going to be a NFL GM somewhere.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Soooo anyone know how old he is? or what he did before Seattle?
He's 41, and before he went to Seattle he was 26. So whatever he did prior to Seattle is really not that relevant. 15 years between Seattle and Indy.

thenewguy

Liked Posts:
These are great media quotes and feed the meatball in all of us, but working for people that motivate this way wears off fast. These are adults, If you need to motivate people that bad to excel at their jobs you've hired the wrong people.

I'm not saying we shouldn't hire him, totally open minded to him, just curious as others have asked, what is it we like about him? I can't find much about what he directly contributed in Seattle or Indy.

Imabearsfan

Liked Posts:
He's 41, and before he went to Seattle he was 26. So whatever he did prior to Seattle is really not that relevant. 15 years between Seattle and Indy.
He was a teenage intern for Oakland and Al Davis. Story has it Dodds was the only staffer Davis would allow in the weight room, took a liking to the kid. He's known Ballard for over 20 years, since days at Texas A&M Kingsville. Ballard vowed that if he ever got into a position of authority, he was bringing Dodds along. That's how he eventually poached Dodds.

Dodds, from all accounts, is a brilliant talent evaluator (a Scout at heart), no nonsense, intense personality that just wants to win super bowls. Apparently he's great at communicating with coaches and seeing the fit of a player.

Basically he's someone this franchise has never had.