Ed Dodds

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
You know who else likes to get fired up?

images
But the delivery is whack compared to Ed Dodds. It’s about the delivery….

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
But he delivery is whack compared to Ed Dodds. It’s about the delivery….
I'm definitely intrigued with Dobbs. Really intrigued by the guy from the Bills as well cause i like how they built that team.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Anyone else thinking since bears haven’t announced this interview being scheduled, Dodds denied it. Especially since they are a team who’s season is over. Dodds has denied interviews in the past

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
Anyone else thinking since bears haven’t announced this interview being scheduled, Dodds denied it. Especially since they are a team who’s season is over. Dodds has denied interviews in the past
Does the same go for Morocco brown and the dozen or so other coaches/gms they haven't announced interviews for either?

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Wouldnt surprise me. From what I've read, Dodds prefers staying out of the public eye and reportedly would only leave Indy for the perfect situation. Sadly, I don't think Chicago is that good of a situation. Lots of bad contracts, no offensive weapons around the QB and a bad O-line as well.

greg23

Liked Posts:
It's gotta be either Dodds or Smith as your GM......everyone else is in the rear view mirror.

But please hire one of them BEFORE a head coach and let them decide who that next coach should be (as long as it isn't Leslie Frazier)

Rise

Liked Posts:
Wouldnt surprise me. From what I've read, Dodds prefers staying out of the public eye and reportedly would only leave Indy for the perfect situation. Sadly, I don't think Chicago is that good of a situation. Lots of bad contracts, no offensive weapons around the QB and a bad O-line as well.

That’s fine then he isn’t a good fit anyways. This hire needs to be a complete leader. It’s not for everyone, and that is ok.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is what I’m thinking as well. From what I can tell, most other GM interviews have either been conducted and announced as scheduled

TL1961

Liked Posts:
A GM candidate with choices may choose one org over another based on current roster if the difference is significant.

But teams with a great roster in place aren’t replacing their GMs!

You think Chicago is a less desirable job for the next several years because they’re short on WR today?

I don’t wanna GM candidate who is afraid of the team based on their roster when that’s the very job I’m hiring him to do. Any GM candidate worth a shit would not be afraid of the challenge of rebuilding the roster when that is how they prove themselves.

TL1961

Liked Posts:
I think it is also safe to say that the Bears will not ultimately interview every single person they requested permission to interview.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Front office guy with the Seahawks and Colts since 2015 while moving up those ladders. Could be worse. :)

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna call it now.... Bears interview all these guys but end up promoting Champ Kelly. (and I wouldn't hate it)

Now a really bold move would be Rick Smith as president on top of that. I'd really be behind that.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna call it now.... Bears interview all these guys but end up promoting Champ Kelly. (and I wouldn't hate it)

Now a really bold move would be Rick Smith as president on top of that. I'd really be behind that.
What’s so great about champ Kelly? If pace got the boot, what makes you think Kelly is better?

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
Record isn't everything when evaluating one person's performace. Nagy had a winning record with us.
That was his overlying point from the onset. Fans can't really evaluate FO candidates at all because we don't know exactly what they've had their hands in. So Cherry picking qualifiers you like or dislike is pretty much and exercise in futility.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
What’s so great about champ Kelly? If pace got the boot, what makes you think Kelly is better?
Honestly I just like the guy whenever I've heard him talk. I know he was big on Monty. Players all seem to love him. Spent 8 years in Denver before Chicago so he's not just a Pace guy. And I think at least three other teams have interviewed him. For all I know he's been what's right with the Bears and Pace has been the one fucking it up.

Wouldn't be my first choice. But pair him with a guy like Smith and I think you've got something. One way or the other I hope he stays.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
Honestly I just like the guy whenever I've heard him talk. I know he was big on Monty. Players all seem to love him. Spent 8 years in Denver before Chicago so he's not just a Pace guy. And I think at least three other teams have interviewed him. For all I know he's been what's right with the Bears and Pace has been the one fucking it up.

Wouldn't be my first choice. But pair him with a guy like Smith and I think you've got something. One way or the other I hope he stays.
That’s fair. I’m hoping for dodds or smith but at the same time expecting to ultimately be disappointed in the long run