Ed Dodds

greg23

Liked Posts:
I'm gonna call it now.... Bears interview all these guys but end up promoting Champ Kelly. (and I wouldn't hate it)

Now a really bold move would be Rick Smith as president on top of that. I'd really be behind that.
Champ Kelly by himself with nobody above him would be very Bearsy.....and if they forced upon him Leslie Frazier...it would be even more Bearsy....unless Mike Singletary was somehow on the staff as well

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That’s fair. I’m hoping for dodds or smith but at the same time expecting to ultimately be disappointed in the long run
A little something from another article:

"He was previously a finalist for the Jets job that went to Joe Douglas. Kelly impressed many around the league this summer in a presentation he gave during the Ozzie Newsome GM Forum."

And an Athletic article:

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
A GM candidate with choices may choose one org over another based on current roster if the difference is significant.

But teams with a great roster in place aren’t replacing their GMs!

You think Chicago is a less desirable job for the next several years because they’re short on WR today?

I don’t wanna GM candidate who is afraid of the team based on their roster when that’s the very job I’m hiring him to do. Any GM candidate worth a shit would not be afraid of the challenge of rebuilding the roster when that is how they prove themselves.
The Bears have been short on WRs since Jeffery and Marshall played together. It's an endless cycle of negligence.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
Does the same go for Morocco brown and the dozen or so other coaches/gms they haven't announced interviews for either?
Dodds was contacted Tuesday. Not saying it still cannot happen, but if you were really interested in a job would you go more than 24 hours without scheduling an interview?

SmartSelect_20220114-130617_Reddit.jpg

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
A quick read up on Cook….he’s very young… 37 TBE. Moved up the ranks quickly and was hired by Polian as a scout back in 2011 so there’s a connection. If the Mckaskeys like him, he’s probably not very good. But that’s what we’re up against

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:
A quick read up on Cook….he’s very young… 37 TBE. Moved up the ranks quickly and was hired by Polian as a scout back in 2011 so there’s a connection. If the Mckaskeys like him, he’s probably not very good. But that’s what we’re up against
I can't remember which guy I was watching on YouTube, but he was talking to Chris Simms about the problems of using a consultant. He said they usually highly recommend their friends/connections and then skip town...lol. Polian has not worked in a decade, he'll recommend his buddies from 10+ years ago, collect his check, and because he's not a part of the organization there's no accountability - he'll be a fart in the wind.

? ? ?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I can't remember which guy I was watching on YouTube, but he was talking to Chris Simms about the problems of using a consultant. He said they usually highly recommend their friends/connections and then skip town...lol. Polian has not worked in a decade, he'll recommend his buddies from 10+ years ago, collect his check, and because he's not a part of the organization there's no accountability - he'll be a fart in the wind.

? ? ?
Yeah if you need to hire consultants, you’re already behind the 8 ball. If you have to hire consultants and the decision maker is George McCaskey, then you’re not even playing with a pool stick. Might as well be shooting with your elbows