CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
Patriots now have 6 players that opted out. Patrick Chung is the latest. Going to be a crazy season.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Damn, now no one is going to talk about Eddie Goldman!

@Gustavus Adolphus
I shall never waiver in my desire to get the masses to know that mountain of a man.

FUN FACT: @zack54attack made me a shirt that read "Goldman Sacks." I wore it to a training camp day last season, and I got a ton of high fives from people. George McCaskey even gave me a thumbs up.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
NFL cancels the season, they look like the dicks to the advertisers.

Big name players opt out where the league is going to look like the CFL or XFL without the cool rules, then the advertisers might start pulling out.

Thing is, yesterday started mandatory testing, so if you did not want the q tip up your nose, you basically just opt out. Maybe that pin prick blood test deal would make it easier.
It's not that they will look like dicks. Their advertisers will be looking to get money back because the NFL has not provided the content they are contractually obligated to provide.

CFL ain't playing and XFL I think is still bankrupt.

Regarding the q-tip in the nose I don't think that has anything to do with it. Let's focus on Eddie for a second. He was due to make $3MM this year. If he opts out he makes $150K with the potential of $350K if he has predetermined health conditions that put him at risk. No one who risks their body at least 16 weeks a year is going to sacrificing $2.85-2.65MM over a nose poke. He has legit concerns about getting really sick and doesn't want to risk it, period.

I respect his decision no different than I do when younger players 'op out' of playing football over concerns about concussions.

TheWinman

2020 CCS Survivor Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Damn, Patriots just lost their 6th player. LMAO

BPo001

Liked Posts:
What does our DL depth chart look like? RRH move into the starting role?

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
L̶o̶l̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶'̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶y̶o̶u̶ ̶g̶e̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶H̶O̶F̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ ̶m̶e̶

I'm so sorry

What sucks is we purposely got the tix for December to give them time to make a decision lol.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
There are 8.1 billion reasons there will be a football season. And tons of hungry practice squad players chomping at the bit to get a chance in the league if someone opts out.

I know a few posters on here are pouncing on every shred of evidence they can contrive to prove their point, but there is just too much money involved and so many players willing to take the minimal health risk to make that much money.

Its going to happen folks. Don't worry. The league minimum is 510k. The risk is minimal to people in that age range.

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
There are 8.1 billion reasons there will be a football season. And tons of hungry practice squad players chomping at the bit to get a chance in the league if someone opts out.

I know a few posters on here are pouncing on every shred of evidence they can contrive to prove their point, but there is just too much money involved and so many players willing to take the minimal health risk to make that much money.

Its going to happen folks. Don't worry. The league minimum is 510k. The risk is minimal to people in that age range.

I agree that there will be some sort of season. It may be a shortened season or a season delayed at some point. But I don't think there will be fans. Or, if there are fans, it will be very late in the season.

Payton!34

Liked Posts:
I honestly don’t know how I feel about these players opting out? I know I haven’t seen many grocery clerks or gas station attendants opting out of their minimum wage jobs!

how the he’ll do you have underlying medical conditions to be worried about and play in the nfl? Let me guess, diabetes? Hypertension? What the hell could it be?

I don’t want anyone to have to put their lives on the line for a game but I also feel that there are millions of people that would kill to have their jobs Ina pandemic and those that would love to stay home bc their loved ones are truly medically at high risk!

if these players were truly high risk They wouldn’t be in the nfl!

I’m truly at a loss! I’m pissed bc I’m greedy and in these shitty times feel that we need something to help us through the year!

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I honestly don’t know how I feel about these players opting out? I know I haven’t seen many grocery clerks or gas station attendants opting out of their minimum wage jobs!

how the he’ll do you have underlying medical conditions to be worried about and play in the nfl? Let me guess, diabetes? Hypertension? What the hell could it be?

I don’t want anyone to have to put their lives on the line for a game but I also feel that there are millions of people that would kill to have their jobs Ina pandemic and those that would love to stay home bc their loved ones are truly medically at high risk!

I’m truly at a loss! I’m pissed bc I’m greedy and in these shitty times feel that we need something to help us through the year!
I think you'll be alright without the nfl for a season. Its the players right to opt out if tge have the option

Black Rainbow

ChatGPT Created Account
Liked Posts:

I hear you, man.

It's going to suck without football because there's not a lot else to do right now. At least it'd be something to look forward to. But we don't know what kind of medical issues these players have. Certainly some of them have asthma...and I wouldn't take any chances on getting covid, if I had asthma.

bears26

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I hear you, man.

It's going to suck without football because there's not a lot else to do right now. At least it'd be something to look forward to. But we don't know what kind of medical issues these players have. Certainly some of them have asthma...and I wouldn't take any chances on getting covid, if I had asthma.
and most importantly they have to worry about passing it on to their family members (young and old). Wish Goldman nothing but the best. There will be other high profile players that opt out.