Eddie Jackson smh

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
I actually thought he played much better in the 2nd half of the season when they really started playing him at NB and closer to the line of scrimmage.
I just can't see putting a guy who scouts say is afraid to tackle closer to the line of scrimmage. I would let him play a true deep center field and see if he can get a few INTs. I think his range is his best attribute right now.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
I probably wouldn't want to work after getting paid millions either

Visionman

Liked Posts:
Even if his career revived this coming season, can anyone trust it? Don’t think we let him play out his contract with that cap hit. So the choice becomes cut/trade or extend. It’s almost a no win situation…

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
He played much better at NB and closer to the line the last portion of the season than he has a FS.

Bears Backer 54

Liked Posts:
Eddie Jackson is definitely one of the bigger mistake contracts Pace brought us. But to be fair, at the time of the signing, if Pace had let Jackson walk the fan base would have been up in arms and rightfully so as it would have been home grown talent walking out the door leaving a big hole in the secondary. Sometimes that decision looks great like when Pace let Kyle Fuller walk and a lot of fans were furious but Fuller did indeed drop off dramatically. Other times you lock a player down and assume you have a star in the making like Eddie Jackson and they drop off a cliff and the cap hit and roster spot hang around your neck like an anchor for the next few seasons.

In my opinion, the worse contract moves Pace gave us were Jackson, Trevathan, Foles, Graham and arguably the franchise tag on Robinson but it at least is a one year hit. Pace got lucky that with the Quinn performance this year keeping him from being on the list as well.

gilder121

I don't care nearly as much anymore
Donator
Liked Posts:
Lovie rotated through safeties every year or two. They all eventually left and got picked up elsewhere to varying levels of success. I see no reason to think that getting closer to a Tampa 2 defense will benefit him as a deep safety.

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
I probably wouldn't want to work after getting paid millions either
Obviously literally a statement of your character and ethics but I'm not going to "hate" on you for that because you can do you but I will continue to do me because literal millions hasn't changed me at all ethically because I want to continue to grind so I can literally give back millions in a couple or three years when my millions are secured for myselve and I have millions to donate to non whites whomst can benefit from a helping hand.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Obviously literally a statement of your character and ethics but I'm not going to "hate" on you for that because you can do you but I will continue to do me because literal millions hasn't changed me at all ethically because I want to continue to grind so I can literally give back millions in a couple or three years when my millions are secured for myselve and I have millions to donate to non whites whomst can benefit from a helping hand.

ok well, work smarter not harder. Millions should be enough to create multiple passive income streams for yourself. That way you don't have to "grind" and can still be a white savior to black people

VickAshley✅️verified

✅️ verified member - He/Him/Himselve/Sir
Liked Posts:
ok well, work smarter not harder. Millions should be enough to create multiple passive income streams for yourself. That way you don't have to "grind" and can still be a white savior to black people
Your disdain is literally palpable but I am not going to literally let it de-suede me from doing the work building sustainable wealth for my people and the people whomst don't know me now that will help them achieve financial successes they are not having access to without a hand up and that includes more than just black people it's also other non white minorities whomst don't have the opportunity that mayo cracker types have and squander because they are lazy and privileged.

Zion

Magitek Knight
Liked Posts:
Your disdain is literally palpable but I am not going to literally let it de-suede me from doing the work building sustainable wealth for my people and the people whomst don't know me now that will help them achieve financial successes they are not having access to without a hand up and that includes more than just black people it's also other non white minorities whomst don't have the opportunity that mayo cracker types have and squander because they are lazy and privileged.

If you start a foundation for dyslexic people I'll donate.

Liked Posts:
How Eberflus deals with Eddie Jackson will really demonstrate if we’ve a head coach who is all talk or if he genuinely will hold players accountable.

I know some people look at the whole talk of the organizational culture and accountability as pretty cliché but after several seasons of all talk it’ll be a good change if this regime can push forth an identity of hard work over “big names”.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I just can't see putting a guy who scouts say is afraid to tackle closer to the line of scrimmage. I would let him play a true deep center field and see if he can get a few INTs. I think his range is his best attribute right now.
Yeah i get where you're coming from but he showed better hitting and tackling last year IMO. Now was that just him playing harder to get that move to NB full time, which he said he would like or to get his next contract? Don't know but i'd be very cautious with him.

I'm just saying that i thought he played much harder last year especially the 2nd half when they were really using him at NB more.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
Eddie Jackson is definitely one of the bigger mistake contracts Pace brought us.
Jackson was coming off a probowl year. I think it was tough to guess that he would get paid and stop playing.
Trevathan was the worst for me because we had our choice of ILBs and overpaid the worst one.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Said it for years

put him where he fits best....as a punt returner looking to score and/or avoid contact.

End of story.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
InnocentHealthyLamb-max-1mb.gif