EDDIE JACKSON WHINING ABOUT BEARS FANS BOOING (AUDIO IN OP)

nobull

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
According to Eddie Jackson, yes. He actually suggested the fans cheer the poor play to lift the team up instead of tearing them down with boos. Dead serious.
Did he want a hug?

MDB111™

O Doyle Rules
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Maryland Terrapins
lol

Jackson is just a person like anyone else and is gon feel the boos. I get it, that shit is not helpful.

But he just has to know that you don't ever, ever, ever, EVER complain about booing in public. People are dicks about that shit.
Boooooooooooo

do you feel that.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I boo'd the OP and he still put up a C- performance in this thread, ergo OP > Trubisky

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I don’t boo at the game no matter what but I won’t ever stop anybody from doing it. It’s their choice

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Im usually pretty patient and a benefit of the doubt guy but YOU CANT COME OUT AND LAY AN EGG LIKE THAT ON NATIONAL TV ON OPENING NIGHT AGAINST YOUR DIVISION RIVAL!!! Its absolutely inexcusable. That was an absolute embarrassment the other night. We have a Super Bowl defense and a top 5 in the draft offense.

Reactions: DC

bossfan23

Liked Posts:
Imagine thinking that this team did NOT deserve to get boo'ed. I can think of few examples in modern sports history of a team sh*tting the bed as badly as the Bears did on Thursday night. And against the Packers, a less talented team that they had no business losing to at home.

The city is as amped up as they have ever been for a game. Eight months of waiting after that disastrous end to last season. You would think that the team would be roaring to go. Instead.....3 points.

They bring the freaking '85 Bears out before the game. Virginia does the TV intro. 100th anniversary. The stadium as loud as I've ever seen.

3 points.

I know it's only one game but holy hell has this team killed their momentum like none other. Absolutely embarrassing. Worse - shameful.

Midwaymonster75

Liked Posts:
Imagine thinking that this team did NOT deserve to get boo'ed. I can think of few examples in modern sports history of a team sh*tting the bed as badly as the Bears did on Thursday night. And against the Packers, a less talented team that they had no business losing to at home.

The city is as amped up as they have ever been for a game. Eight months of waiting after that disastrous end to last season. You would think that the team would be roaring to go. Instead.....3 points.

They bring the freaking '85 Bears out before the game. Virginia does the TV intro. 100th anniversary. The stadium as loud as I've ever seen.

3 points.

I know it's only one game but holy hell has this team killed their momentum like none other. Absolutely embarrassing. Worse - shameful.
Spot on. Im honestly trying to think of a more embarrassing loss and I cant think of one.

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
I’m not an athlete or in the top 10-20%, if I pay $300 a ticket, plus all the other expenses that go into it, I expect a better product than Thursday. Hell, the Bears were talking a huge game all off-season leading up to this. I think Nagy even said something along the lines of “Let them run what they run and we’ll run what we run and we’ll see who comes out on top.” Well, we saw.

I get it, Eddie and the defense deserve nothing but cheers but it’s a team game and the offense gave us nothing. The boos were on the offense, not the defense. And they deserved it. Even Nagy said they deserved the boos.

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Felt to me that the boos were more directed at Nagy's playcalls over the actual players on the field.

TezMaKai

Liked Posts:
This is Bears football...This is Chicago...This isn't Northwestern or the Illini. These are grown men playing professional ball, for a city that expects super bowls and division titles. You score 3 points on your own home field vs a division rival, guess what? You're gunna get BOOED...I knew this new softie millennial culture had seeped its way into the NFL over the years, but I guess I was ignorant to believe we were immune to it....
What an ignorant statement.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
Only meatballs that think fans should only cheer the team and players, are also obtuse enough to think players are under the same obligation. Id boo my fucking fans if I thought they were dicks, fans are under no obligation to cheer or root for a team. We're not fucking lords.

Tostada

Liked Posts:
True but it also doesn’t help in a one score game where the outcome isn’t decided yet..
Exactly, it's a reciprocal relationship, i pay my kids bills, they still boo me when im an idiot, metaphorically, and vice versa, Eddie is frustrated, he actually cares what the fans think!

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
This is my fear. This is the start of the defensive frustration. Jackson was frustrated, but he did not want to direct it where it should go at the offense. So, instead he focused his frustration on the fans booing.

Eventually that frustration will focus on who it should and then the locker room becomes an issue.

E.F.Hutton

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
This is my fear. This is the start of the defensive frustration. Jackson was frustrated, but he did not want to direct it where it should go at the offense. So, instead he focused his frustration on the fans booing.

Eventually that frustration will focus on who it should and then the locker room becomes an issue.
At some point the defense will realize, if they haven't already, the fans are booing the offense. The cheers for the defense were deafening. They played hard, fast, and physical. The offense however....

You're right, at some point the disparity will become an issue. The Bears have a pretty good locker room with some high quality guys, but there are also some alpha males that will take this shit only so long. It could get ugly, even early 90's ugly.

SERE Bear

Drinking da Bears better
Donator
Liked Posts:
My theory on booing. Never my team. Opponents, yes. Refs, yes. My team, no.

You want to boo the team you are a fan of? Fine, its your right. Know this though, there is zero upside to your team and tremendous upside for the opponent. Thursday night I watched the Packers players celebrating each time the crowd booed. They were drinking it up and encouraging the crowd to get louder every time. Did the broadcast show that?

Booing isn’t why the Offense sucked Thursday of course, but watching the Packers Defense get even more hyped every time the home crowd booed was sickening.