dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Is he tho? Or did he just have one great fluke season?

He's been terrible all around this year. Did bad coaching make him forget how to cover WR's?

If you didn't know, paganos specialty is Defensive Backs. Notice how all the young guys have stepped up under him and played well with minimal pass rush. Fuller has been even better. JJ is having a great rookie season. Duke Shelley has been very solid. Gipson is having a solid year.

The only starter who sucks balls this year is 1)Skrine, and 2) Jackson. Skrine always sucked. So yea.

Gotta give it up to Shelley for his play today. To make his first start at CB and for his size he played well today.

jsu34

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Jackson for sure is an elite player just not while Pagano is DC, which is ironic because he is known for his work with the secondary especially the safety position.

Wild_x_Card

Liked Posts:
He played excellent against te's/slot last year too. Pagano was the DC.

Once again, Paganos specialty IS DB's. Jacksons dropoff isn't on chuck. It's on him. Chuck isn't the one half assing it out there.
It's certainly not all on Pagano for sure. But his coverages are softer by design. He runs alot more cover two than Fangio ever did. Cover 1 and 3 where Eddie's bread and butter with a dash of cover 4 robber sprinkled in. The point being not maximizing your players strengths is dumfounding. It's old school. It's rigid.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Glad to see that everyone else has noticed the giant piece of shit Pagano is.

TELLY46

Liked Posts:

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Pagano doesn't explain his soft play. Check out this play in the 3rd quarter at 7:30 in the clip. He litterally refused to try and tackle the guy running next to him until Fuller trips him up a bit.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
I dont think Nagy is helping the D either, would be nice if he stayed out of what theyre doing, Didnt Nagy tell D at halftime, that its ok to give up yards on short plays, but not to give up any home runs? Then you wonder why the D is playing soft and Fuller is always 10 yards away from his receiver? All I know, it that if Vic Fangio was still the DC, this D roster would be dominating every opponent.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Jackson for sure is an elite player just not while Pagano is DC, which is ironic because he is known for his work with the secondary especially the safety position.

Yea, lets blame pagano for jackson forgetting how to tackle.
It's certainly not all on Pagano for sure. But his coverages are softer by design. He runs alot more cover two than Fangio ever did. Cover 1 and 3 where Eddie's bread and butter with a dash of cover 4 robber sprinkled in. The point being not maximizing your players strengths is dumfounding. It's old school. It's rigid.

Jackson seemed to do fine last year. He had a better coverage year in 2019 than 2018. Just didn't have the INT's. He covered the slot/TE a lot more in 2019, and had a 50 something passer rating against.

This year he has a 116 passer rating against.

Pagano isn't the reason why, Jackson playing like ass is the reason why.

msadows

Liked Posts:
I dont think Nagy is helping the D either, would be nice if he stayed out of what theyre doing, Didnt Nagy tell D at halftime, that its ok to give up yards on short plays, but not to give up any home runs? Then you wonder why the D is playing soft and Fuller is always 10 yards away from his receiver? All I know, it that if Vic Fangio was still the DC, this D roster would be dominating every opponent.

No. No they wouldn't.

We don't have a good nose tackle to stop the run. Danny T has dropped off significantly. Eddie Jackson has struggled in pass coverage 1v1 all season, and has been terrible in the run game. Buster Skrine is one of the worst slot corners in the NFL. Quinn can't get a pressure. Mack has half the pressures he did last season.

This has nothing to do with the DC. Players need to execute. They aren't.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
I'd say the goal line tackle where he injured his shoulder ... Though if that were the case it'd be hard for him to be making business decisions as you put forward ...

Hmmm, yeah, no.
I've seen plenty of super soft play from Johnson this year. Probably not really business decisions, just who he is as a player. Hopefully he develops into a shutdown corner because he isn't a strong tackler.

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
No. No they wouldn't.

We don't have a good nose tackle to stop the run. Danny T has dropped off significantly. Eddie Jackson has struggled in pass coverage 1v1 all season, and has been terrible in the run game. Buster Skrine is one of the worst slot corners in the NFL. Quinn can't get a pressure. Mack has half the pressures he did last season.

This D absolutely would be significantly better with fangio

Chicagosports89

Liked Posts:
He was plenty good enough as a second round rookie for the opening 6 - 9 games of this year, as it's gone on and the losses mounted up, he has been targeted more, and struggled admittedly, but think he's a good one.
I actually think hes solid too. I think the fan base has overlooked some of his poor play of late in overhyping him, but some of the mistakes are expected from a rookie. Overall I think he will be a good coverage corner. I do think he is fairly soft and will never be a physical solid tackler in the run game.

Bolek

Liked Posts:
No. No they wouldn't.

I think it has a lot to do with the DC. You somehow think that the coordinator has nothing to do with his players motivation, whether they play up to their potential and talent level, leadership, holding players accountable for loafing or otherwise etc. Its all tied together. EJAX was an all pro in his rookie year with 7 INTs, under Vic Fangio. Pagano has A LOT to do with his half assing it out there this season.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Rookie corners are often just not ready for the physicality of the NFL in tackling and taking on blocks, and JJ is a naturally skinny dude who didn't get to benefit from an NFL offseason program as much as most years. He's never going to lay the wood like Fuller but I'm confident he can get to acceptable there.

wazzupi

Liked Posts:
Is he tho? Or did he just have one great fluke season?

He's been terrible all around this year. Did bad coaching make him forget how to cover WR's?

If you didn't know, paganos specialty is Defensive Backs. Notice how all the young guys have stepped up under him and played well with minimal pass rush. Fuller has been even better. JJ is having a great rookie season. Duke Shelley has been very solid. Gipson is having a solid year.

The only starter who sucks balls this year is 1)Skrine, and 2) Jackson. Skrine always sucked. So yea.
wtf are you talking about..... Gipson is garbage, skrine is obviously garbage, Vildor and Shelley aren't benefiting from pagano at all. we lack pass rush ? wtf are you talking about we applied huge amount of pressure without blitzing and had 3 sacks. 7 last week. Eddie jackson definitely isn't playing like his former self but a fluke ? you're fucking highhhhhhh

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars

Yeah... I recall the way Jackson roamed in 2018. He literally had QBs scared to throw the ball in his general direction.

Eddie is truly a free safety, and needs to roam. The Bears need to get a strong safety who can mug folks over the middle.