Eddie Jackson

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
I think he is soft but he is a fs. He hasn’t played with a traditional ss since Amos left. And pagano is also soft must have rubbed off on the players. Other than that lots of players got paid only to loaf around on that defense. It surprises me people on here clamoring for hicks to get extended just don’t get it

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
He wasn’t a hard hitting S at Bama either. That’s not his game. Never has, never will be. He is a ball hawk FS, and when used effectively, a damn good one.

Exactly.

I think he's due for a good year, especially with Nichols turning into a monster, Goldman coming back, Hicks healthy, the development of Gipson as an edge rusher, Roquon and Ogletree inside, and the fact that JJ is developing even more.

This video from 2018 still says a lot, I think:

msadows

Liked Posts:
Exactly.

I think he's due for a good year, especially with Nichols turning into a monster, Goldman coming back, Hicks healthy, the development of Gipson as an edge rusher, Roquon and Ogletree inside, and the fact that JJ is developing even more.

This video from 2018 still says a lot, I think:

So what you are saying is he can't do shit besides play center field and hope our pass rush makes the QB throw up trash.

He's the Javier baez of this defense then.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
His passer rating against was 110.3 last year.

Chris conte's the last year he played was 90.

He was god awful last year. Not elite, not average, but god awful.

And he tackled like he went to Charmin University instead of bama.
He was elite in 2017 and 2018. Not so good on ‘19 and ‘20. What years was Pagano DC?

If you haven’t watched how he was schemed and used in his first 2 years vs. how he was used the last 2 years…there’s not much more I can tell ya.

But yeah, he lucked into that production his first 2 years. Certainly the new DC and all the game tape showing how he was used had nothing at all to do with it.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No, you're confusing me.

I said it WASN'T paganos fault and the defense is trash and would be no matter who is coaching it.

Pagano wasted the last 2 years with awfully passive schemes that removed players from what they did best. He played Eddie too close to the line when he is a CF'er. Fits the scheme to the players, not the other way around. You'll never understand this will you?

Look at Pagano's Defenses in Indy. Same shitty scheme. Even the Colts Blog wrote how they would beat Pagano's scheme early in the year and the Colts did exactly what was blogged.

Pagano's shit scheme can be on full display in the 2 minute drill vs the Saints at halftime. Everything you need to know about Pagano.

And of course, you will hide like a coward like you did last year but it won't change the facts. Pagano wasted potentially elite D's. Desai is left with an aging defense right now

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
So what you are saying is he can't do shit besides play center field and hope our pass rush makes the QB throw up trash.

He's the Javier baez of this defense then.

The smart coaches figure out what their players CAN do, and try to maximize it. With a player like Jackson, they also need to get the right talent to support his skills.

If Eddie Jackson is at his best being that "center fielder" - scheme around that. Quite frankly, between Hicks, Mack, and Nichols (among others - Gipson/Edwards/Goldman), the pass rush SHOULD be able to make opposing QBs throw up a LOT of trash, or do something like forgetting what down it is.

How hard is that?

Rob Noxious

Liked Posts:
I will give BoJack one more year. After that I’ll do nothing. This is what you call an empty threat.

Hutch1975

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Milwaukee Brewers
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Edmonton Oilers
  1. Brigham Young Cougars
Pagano wasted the last 2 years with awfully passive schemes that removed players from what they did best. He played Eddie too close to the line when he is a CF'er. Fits the scheme to the players, not the other way around. You'll never understand this will you?

Look at Pagano's Defenses in Indy. Same shitty scheme. Even the Colts Blog wrote how they would beat Pagano's scheme early in the year and the Colts did exactly what was blogged.

Pagano's shit scheme can be on full display in the 2 minute drill vs the Saints at halftime. Everything you need to know about Pagano.

And of course, you will hide like a coward like you did last year but it won't change the facts. Pagano wasted potentially elite D's. Desai is left with an aging defense right now

There's still young talent. Gipson, Nichols, Roquon, Goldman, Tonga... all those guys could be really good. They have guys like Snowden on the practice squad, too.

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Is he the softest safety in the league? In bears history?

I think Chris Conte was a better tackler than him.

Of all the dumb fucking shit I’ve read on this board…

Chris Conte?

CHRIS FUCKING CONTE???!!

:jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy::jonesy: