Eddie Jackson

msadows

Liked Posts:
He has good posts and insights at times but he runs off like a coward on the Pagano issue. Next up is moving the goalposts on this!

What pagano issue? I've said multiple times back then and now that I don't believe pagano WAS the main issue.

I never said he was a great DC, I just said this defense is lacking depth and talent and the players that we did pay have played like trash.

All I essentially said is that pagano is the scapegoat for the defense being lackluster.

I'm not gonna keep repeating the same shit over and over in every thread. I don't have the time for that.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
What pagano issue? I've said multiple times back then and now that I don't believe pagano WAS the main issue.

I never said he was a great DC, I just said this defense is lacking depth and talent and the players that we did pay have played like trash.

All I essentially said is that pagano is the scapegoat for the defense being lackluster.

I'm not gonna keep repeating the same shit over and over in every thread. I don't have the time for that.

Maybe they played like trash because his scheme sucked and played guys like EJ out of position and didn't maximize their strengths? Just a thought

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
He wasn’t a hard hitting S at Bama either. That’s not his game. Never has, never will be. He is a ball hawk FS, and when used effectively, a damn good one.
That’s fine and good, he avoids contact. Or at least did quite a lot last season.

bearsfan1977

Liked Posts:
That’s fine and good, he avoids contact. Or at least did quite a lot last season.
He did. Never said he didn’t. But he is an elite coverage S. The Bears haven’t had that in a while. Pair him with a hard-hitting SS, and a good DC (like Fangio did) will maximize their strengths and create an exceptional S duo in the league.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
He did. Never said he didn’t. But he is an elite coverage S. The Bears haven’t had that in a while. Pair him with a hard-hitting SS, and a good DC (like Fangio did) will maximize their strengths and create an exceptional S duo in the league.

Pagano tried to keep him at the line too much

msadows

Liked Posts:
Is he the softest safety in the league? In bears history?

I think Chris Conte was a better tackler than him.

Didn't even really try hard on this one. Wish it was a troll job but nah.

Tape doesn't lie.

gwharris2254

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I swear, that seeing him run with that new jersey #4 has slowed him down

msadows

Liked Posts:
I swear, that seeing him run with that new jersey #4 has slowed him down

He was never fast. Guys always been a mediocre athlete.

His calling card was anticipating the ball. It's hard to do that when you don't pressure the QB.

He's a flawed player. He can succeed in a great situation ala 2018, but when you make him cover and tackle he gets exposed.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
IDK when an unwillingness to tackle became a trait of FSs but im glad CCS taught me this. Moving forward i wont criticize FSs for not tackling.
Relevant