Eisen show Dilfer nails it!

Highsteppingbruin

Liked Posts:
Well there you have it. Nagy's offense only works occasionally as a supplemental formation. It's predictable and he has no adjustments offense to go to when it's not working. I can picture fat ole Andy Reid chuckling because he knew that. What I don't get is how Nagy did not pick up any of Reid's west coast scheme to add to his package. It's just not working folks.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
What the hell is an "RPO formation?" You mean shotgun?

But I do agree that we run better from under center when the OL can actually block downfield.

It's a shotgun formation with the RB standing right next to the QB where the QB either hands it off, fakes handing off and keeps it and runs or fake hands it off and throws. Different than just shotgun.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
good interview but honestly it just seems like pretty much any package they call, our OLine is not gonna be able to provide the run and/or pass coverage needed to succeed.
That was Trent's point, Nagy just calling the same shit over and over again and being very predictable. In a nutshell, Trent said if you're not going to set your QB up for success and just want to push your system, let the rook sit and watch. If you can actually coach and keep the opponent guessing while providing those "cheese" plays, then let him play.

RiDLer80

First time, long time.
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Miami Hurricanes
  2. Northern Illinois Huskies
It's a shotgun formation with the RB standing right next to the QB where the QB either hands it off, fakes handing off and keeps it and runs or fake hands it off and throws. Different than just shotgun.
People didn't run out of shotgun, or use it for play action fakes before the RPO became popular?

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
People didn't run out of shotgun, or use it for play action fakes before the RPO became popular?

You just wanna fuckin argue or what?? Call it what you want.

greg23

Liked Posts:
Matt Nagy in a nutshell...trying to shove square pegs through round holes because that's "the system". And is somehow dumbfounded every week about "the why".

Zero ability to gameplan, playcall, establish any kind of rhythm, and heaven forbid adjust based on the roster's strengths and weaknesses. And to top it all off, not a fucking shred of self awareness.

Pace has had his fair share of missteps, but I think there is enough talent on the roster to compete. It's very hard to evaluate when the gameplan offensively does nothing to help cover up any gaps in talent and ability.

He seems like a nice enough guy, but he is clearly out of his depth. I'm so fucking done at this point.

Welcome to 2018.

BE YOU!

BeerFan

Liked Posts:
If freebie/easy plays on offense are “cheddar”, then the Bears are lactose intolerant.
The bears cheese at the moment is:

Casu martzu (Sardinian pronunciation: [ˈkazu ˈmaɾtsu]; literally 'rotten/putrid cheese'), sometimes spelled casu marzu, and also called casu modde, casu cundídu and casu fràzigu in Sardinian, is a traditional Sardinian sheep milk cheese that contains live insect larvae (maggots).

brundleflyguy

Liked Posts:
He seems like a nice enough guy, but he is clearly out of his depth. I'm so fucking done at this point.
I'm not sure why so many of the Nagy critiques include something about him being a "nice guy". That has zero bearing. His job is to make the team more and more competitive. Between helping Pace find better players, making the players he has play better, and designing plays that take advantage of Bears' strengths and the opponents weaknesses, the team should get steadily better until they reach the peak they can with his coaching skills and their football skills. He does none of this. In fact, it's reasonable to say he does the opposite.

To me, that makes him a shithead - he's pretending to be a coach and pretending to care when in fact he only cares about himself.

But even if he's saint, he still can't do the job. Fire him and move on. Everything else is a waste.

The McCaskeys are destroying the careers of all the other players and coaches on the Bears so that Nagy's career won't be hurt. It's ridiculous.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

PrideisBears

Bully Mod
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Nagy is a prime example of when you lie on your resume and get the job anyways

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
Trubisky and Joe Flacco started as a rookie, and both Fox and Harbaugh did something that was 100% predictable, they took the ball out of the rookie QB's hands and essentially asked him to hand the ball off, from under center.

You know what they didn't do...get the QB killed. Both QBs play in ULTRA Conservative systems, because they were not ready for the speed.

The only thing that makes sense against the Lions (a perceived weak defense) is to bash the shit out of them with Montgomery and Williams.

If your o-line is struggling the best way to HELP them is to run the ball
If your QB situation is questionable (injured and a rookie) the best thing to do is run the ball
If your Defense is running out of gas because they are on the field too much the best thing to do is run the ball

If Nagy is calling plays on Sunday they will likely double down on what they did last week and will NOT run the ball.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
2:09-4:30 Dilf sums it up perfectly.
Good post. Many on here have stated the Jordan Howard's limitations FORCED Nagy to use the spread sparingly. It forced him to use the spread supplementary instead of a base.