Elizabeth Taylor 1932-2011

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't really have anything to do with this forum, which kind of puzzles me.

May she rest in peace.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This should probably be moved to The Bar.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Yeah this has nothing to do with the Bulls.

Liked Posts:
Good Lord you guys are dorks.

(Nerdy voice) You aren't allowed to post secular things in the Chicago Bulls folder. It says in Section RT-567566556 Slash 3343333.4444332 that all posts must be pertaining to the topic.

My apologies to all the conventional message forum dorks.

Every now and then, something of great magnitude and news-worthy happens. On the bullspodcasters.com in June of 2009 all we talked about was Michael Jackson for an entire week.

Pfeiffer and Lewinstein did half a show on MJ's passing. Kush did an entire segment on it. PTI did an entire segment on it.

And now that Michael Jackson's ferry godmother has just passed away, something of comparable magnitude has just occured. Furthermore though, she was one of the greatest actresses we have ever seen. She was in Son of Lassie for crying out loud. She made all that perfume - why wouldn't we be discussing her passing and all her accomplishments?

Sometimes secular things must be discussed.

Let's show some respect to Elizabeth Taylor, for all she did anmd contributed to the less fortunate and her legacy.

Last edited:

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I find it ironic that you are the one calling people dorks. You are making a completely irrelevant topic in a forum on the internetz and expecting others to care. People die everyday. If you want to find more people who actually care then you might have wanted to consider posting this in The Bar. It shows that you don't have respect for the Bulls forum so why should we not mock you for your dorkiness?

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
Good Lord you guys are dorks.

(Nerdy voice) You aren't allowed to post secular things in the Chicago Bulls folder. It says in Section RT-567566556 Slash 3343333.4444332 that all posts must be pertaining to the topic.

My apologies to all the conventional message forum dorks.

Every now and then, something of great magnitude and news-worthy happens. On the bullspodcasters.com in June of 2009 all we talked about was Michael Jackson for an entire week.

Pfeiffer and Lewinstein did half a show on MJ's passing. Kush did an entire segment on it. PTI did an entire segment on it.

And now that Michael Jackson's ferry godmother has just passed away, something of comparable magnitude has just occured. Furthermore though, she was one of the greatest actresses we have ever seen. She was in Son of Lassie for crying out loud. She made all that perfume - why wouldn't we be discussing her passing and all her accomplishments?

Sometimes secular things must be discussed.

Let's show some respect to Elizabeth Taylor, for all she did anmd contributed to the less fortunate and her legacy.

This is a big ass forum man...and there are different places for different subjects. They do have a place for stuff like this. The Bulls forum is just not the place. That reminds me of this lady I used to work with at Chase who was team lead who interrupted us while we were working to tell us....Johnnie Cochran died....seriously????? Well, I think she's an idiot for personal reasons but still...

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/chicago-bulls-forum/2369-bulls-forum-off-topic-thread.html

Here you go genius. And let me ask you something, whats the point of having sections in this forum?

If this is of such great magnitude, why isnt this in the Bears section as well or even the OFF-TOPIC section?

I come to this section to read and talk about the Bulls. If i have something to say thats non bulls related it goes in the topic posted above, the Bulls off-topic thread. Organization, look it up.

As far as her death goes, that sucks but personally im tired of every celebrities death being treated like a national disaster. Soldiers who put their life on the line for our country die before their time was really up and no one even knows their name.

Liked Posts:
If it's such a waste of time, I have two suggestions:

1. Don't waste your time by reading it.

2. Don't waste everyone elses time saying what a waste of time you perceive it to be.

For the time being, I'll post whatever I want wherever I want. They can take it down, I don't care.

I'm not going to be a conventionlist.

http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/chicago-bulls-forum/2369-bulls-forum-off-topic-thread.html

Here you go genius. And let me ask you something, whats the point of having sections in this forum?

If this is of such great magnitude, why isnt this in the Bears section as well or even the OFF-TOPIC section?

I come to this section to read and talk about the Bulls. If i have something to say thats non bulls related it goes in the topic posted above, the Bulls off-topic thread. Organization, look it up.

As far as her death goes, that sucks but personally im tired of every celebrities death being treated like a national disaster. Soldiers who put their life on the line for our country die before their time was really up and no one even knows their name.

Liked Posts:
Elizabeth Taylor irrelevant?

Either you're too young to have seen her stuff or you aren't a cinema fan. Your loss, my friend.

Doesn't mean her passing isn't huge news because it is.

When you turn on the news tonight, you tell me how irrelevant it is.

I find it ironic that you are the one calling people dorks. You are making a completely irrelevant topic in a forum on the internetz and expecting others to care. People die everyday. If you want to find more people who actually care then you might have wanted to consider posting this in The Bar. It shows that you don't have respect for the Bulls forum so why should we not mock you for your dorkiness?

Liked Posts:
And I'm a dork how...exactly? You just threw that out there but you didn't bother to provide us with any evidence or examples.

We're supposed to accept I'm a dork just cause you said so?

Maybe I am...but until I see some objective evidence, the pomposity of your castigation is rather vain.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
News flash, i didnt read it. Why? Because i dont care! I really dont. The headline told me enough. It told me Elizabeth Taylor died and i had two initial thoughts.

1)Why the fk is this in the Bulls section?
2)That sucks, RIP.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Elizabeth Taylor irrelevant?

Either you're too young to have seen her stuff or you aren't a cinema fan. Your loss, my friend.

Doesn't mean her passing isn't huge news because it is.

When you turn on the news tonight, you tell me how irrelevant it is.

While you're at it, you might want to make a 'RIP 10,000-18,000 people who died in the Japanese Earthquake/Tsunami thread.'

Or a 'Rwandan Genocide' thread.

Or, hell, you might as well make a '04 Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, and 9/11 Attacks thread while you're at it.

The examples go on and on.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
I have a friend whos uncle died last week. Lets make a thread.

Liked Posts:
But you opened it up and opened your big fat yap.

If it's so irrelevant and a waste of time, ignore it if you don't think it's a worthy topic for your consumption.

News flash, i didnt read it. Why? Because i dont care! I really dont. The headline told me enough. It told me Elizabeth Taylor died and i had two initial thoughts.

1)Why the fk is this in the Bulls section?
2)That sucks, RIP.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
An uncle of a friend of mine died last week. Let's make another thread^

Liked Posts:
There was an earthquake in Japan?

While you're at it, you might want to make a 'RIP 10,000-18,000 people who died in the Japanese Earthquake/Tsunami thread.'

Or a 'Rwandan Genocide' thread.

Or, hell, you might as well make a '04 Tsunami, Hurricane Katrina, and 9/11 Attacks thread while you're at it.

The examples go on and on.

RamiTheBullsFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
But you opened it up and opened your big fat yap.

If it's so irrelevant and a waste of time, ignore it if you don't think it's a worthy topic for your consumption.

Newsflash: You made an irrelevant topic on a forum where there are countless other places on the interwebz (including this very site) you could have posted it where it would have been relevant. And now when people in here don't seem to care and make fun of you for it, you get butthurt? Haha come on...

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Why was it posted in the Bulls thread and not in the Bears, Hawks, Off-topic etc? Its such a big deal yet its only being discussed here