Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
He just can’t stay healthy. He gets injured playing the field, at bat, and running the bases. That’s the trifecta. There’s no way to protect him. The Sox have more injuries than a NFL Football team.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Sox should see if they can trade Eloy when he's on a decent run of performance/health.

I really like him, but agree, he just cannot stay healthy.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Sox should see if they can trade Eloy when he's on a decent run of performance/health.

I really like him, but agree, he just cannot stay healthy.
What could they get for him? Also, someone like Andrew Vaughn for example would have to match or at least approximate Eloy's production even when you factor in missed games and he has not proven he can scratch out much at the plate.

The last two years might have been the high water mark for this White Sox Era, sadly. They still couldn't use a George Springr or Manny Machado, right Jerry?

Orestes

Liked Posts:
What could they get for him? Also, someone like Andrew Vaughn for example would have to match or at least approximate Eloy's production even when you factor in missed games and he has not proven he can scratch out much at the plate.

The last two years might have been the high water mark for this White Sox Era, sadly. They still couldn't use a George Springr or Manny Machado, right Jerry?
Rick Hahn should just try again with having the organization to develop the hitters. Continue to replenish the farm system with or even trade for potential hitting talent; such as Paul Konerko who they acquired in a trade with the Reds (also, the N.Siders got A. Rizzo in a trade).

The last HOF caliber free-agent the Sox signed (and who still played at HOF level) was Albert Belle, who hit as advertised, but failed to lift them to the post-season. Also, home attendance declined by 26% in his second and last season. Once they have a solid core, they can add a complementary FA piece to help put them over. They got maximum return on investment out of Jermaine Dye, who was not a tier-1 FA; however, the Belle acquisition was a failure.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Sloppy body.

Yeah…sloppy at that age is a ride for 3 more years and trade before the Bryant contract.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:

I'd look for picks and/or prospects to develop into the next Eloy.

Eloy is an average af LF who can sometimes crush the ball if he's healthy.

IMO Luis Robert is what Eloy wanted to be.