Eloy injury serious?!

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Eloy is a fucking idiot.... he keeps risking his fucking career to try to make circus catches in LF.

Eloy, you aren't a superstar in the outfield.

You never were, and you never will be, and that is fine because we have Luis Robert in CF.

I don't even care if he wants to play LF, but he needs to make business decisions that keep himself at the plate.

This is like the 3rd or 4th injury he's had running into that fucking wall in LF and now he's got a major injury that could fuck with his career.

It needs to stop.... either no more LF unless in emergency, or zero tolerance on him trying to make circus catches at the wall.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Eloy is a fucking idiot.... he keeps risking his fucking career to try to make circus catches in LF.

Eloy, you aren't a superstar in the outfield.

You never were, and you never will be, and that is fine because we have Luis Robert in CF.

I don't even care if he wants to play LF, but he needs to make business decisions that keep himself at the plate.

This is like the 3rd or 4th injury he's had running into that fucking wall in LF and now he's got a major injury that could fuck with his career.

It needs to stop.... either no more LF unless in emergency, or zero tolerance on him trying to make circus catches at the wall.

he never should have been an outfielder, imo, and without McCann should have been sipping hard tea at Dh and gaining some weight for bomb strength.

I am amazed Schwarber transformed himself but he was an exception.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
he never should have been an outfielder, imo, and without McCann should have been sipping hard tea at Dh and gaining some weight for bomb strength.

I am amazed Schwarber transformed himself but he was an exception.

The whole thing is quite reminicent to Schwarber in 2016.....he played all of two games and was lost. If Eloy does his work, he can be back for the playoffs as a DH.....just as Schwarber did. It gave the Cubs some new life when they needed it. The thing I worry about with Eloy is that he's starting to get a reputation for being a bit brittle.....maybe a life as a DH might be a better fit.

KOTC2

Liked Posts:
In a damn meaningless pre-season game no less. :mad:

Speed

Liked Posts:
Fuck. Throw the year in the trash. The pitchers have to be lights out to make up for all of those runs they're gonna lose. Hahn HAS to find a LF so we can move him to DH. My guy is an embarrassment out as a fielder.

JimAKABlkhwks918

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Nothing like blowing your season trying to hotdog for a ball that was hopelessly out of your reach...can trade when healthy.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Vaughn and Collins need to step up big time to try to fill this void. It looks like Vaughn is getting first crack at LF.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Vaughn entering the majors for the first time, and trying to play a position he's never played before (not fast nor decent arm) is not likely to go well.

It's good Collins has been hitting, he looks like he may have turned the corner. So you put Vaughn at DH for a few games a week, LF for a few games a week, Collins DHs a few and catches a couple, Leury in LF for a couple and when Engel comes back he goes to LF for a couple games a week.

This team is pretty thin. But if the starting pitching from Cease and Rodon continues, that will be the biggest thing. Both have looked legit in spring training.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Vaughn entering the majors for the first time, and trying to play a position he's never played before (not fast nor decent arm) is not likely to go well.

It's good Collins has been hitting, he looks like he may have turned the corner. So you put Vaughn at DH for a few games a week, LF for a few games a week, Collins DHs a few and catches a couple, Leury in LF for a couple and when Engel comes back he goes to LF for a couple games a week.

This team is pretty thin. But if the starting pitching from Cease and Rodon continues, that will be the biggest thing. Both have looked legit in spring training.

They might have one of the better bullpens in the AL. I don’t see them as “thin.” Eloy’s bat will be missed but pitching and defense eventually prevails in baseball.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
They might have one of the better bullpens in the AL. I don’t see them as “thin.” Eloy’s bat will be missed but pitching and defense eventually prevails in baseball.
The position players are thin.

You're talking about starting a rookie who has never played OF in his life at LF close to everyday. That is thin to my mind. The defense is alright, probably average.

The bullpen is great. If Cease and Rodon continue how they've been going, then the starting pitching will be very good.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
The position players are thin.

You're talking about starting a rookie who has never played OF in his life at LF close to everyday. That is thin to my mind. The defense is alright, probably average.

The bullpen is great. If Cease and Rodon continue how they've been going, then the starting pitching will be very good.

They will use Hamilton, Garcia and Engel too.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Fuck. Throw the year in the trash. The pitchers have to be lights out to make up for all of those runs they're gonna lose. Hahn HAS to find a LF so we can move him to DH. My guy is an embarrassment out as a fielder.
Well, actually the line-up is going to be 3 rabbits most days and favor the pitchers. Another 2020 season for Jimenez doesn't help too much, but the loss of his progression sucks.

Baseball wise there are plus and minus, maybe you even trade him for a tangible asset if the playoff push is real.

Eaton-Engel-Roberts will be fine most nights with the other bats in front of them and make the picthers happier.