EMBRACE PACE

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Stop your E-Rage for a minute and think.

Right now Pace is either:

A. Fucking this team up bigly and on his way to a 2-14 (15) season.
B. A mad scientist taking the historically defense oriented Bears boldy into a new offensive era. (pun intended)

It's probably A. I'm a positive guy so I'll leave some hope for B. But obviously it's probably A.

WE SHOULD WANT THIS.

8-8 and George rolls it back again. 9-7 and Pace/Nagy get contracts for life. (kidding, kindof)

But 2-14 and the winds of change start blowing. 2-14 and not only do Pace and Nagy get axed but George feels the heat. That's what you really want. People have liked George up to this point. Not anymore. They were laughing at him on the Rich Eisen show.

EMBRACE PACE. Let him burn this shit to the ground. It's the only way....

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:

B. A mad scientist taking the historically defense oriented Bears boldy into a new offensive era. (pun intended)

It's probably A. I'm a positive guy so I'll leave some hope for B. But obviously it's probably A.

WE SHOULD WANT THIS.

8-8 and George rolls it back again. 9-7 and Pace/Nagy get contracts for life. (kidding, kindof)

But 2-14 and the winds of change start blowing. 2-14 and not only do Pace and Nagy get axed but George feels the heat. That's what you really want. People have liked George up to this point. Not anymore. They were laughing at him on the Rich Eisen show.

Fellow optimist here. Pace has been pretty solid drafting defense, so if plan B is in the works, hope he sticks to free agency for cheap offense and maybe lucks into a QB in the draft, shore up OL with early picks, and reloads D with some solid latter round selections.

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Option A is the smart way to go. My issue with that is I don't trust him to build the team back up into a legit competitor. If McCaskey is banking on this turd tanking and then building them back up, we're going to end up having 10+ years of Pace with nothing to show for it. Dude is a boob. Tanking for a year wont fix that and tbh. they should be tanking for more than a year.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange

WE SHOULD WANT THIS.

I know i'm obviously looked at as the biggest Ryan Pace fan on here but before anything else i'm a Bears fan so i just want what's best for this team to be good/great again. If that's without Pace and Nagy and whoever else then i'm good with that. I don't think R.Pace is a bad GM. He's made some horrible choices with the Trubisky shit his #1 bad decision, but has done a ton of good.

I hate seeing K.Fuller and maybe A.Hicks getting cut/traded but i thought everyone knew that we were gonna have to make some tough decisions with at least one and possibly more of our highly paid players especially on defense. Now it's happening and i just don't understand all the freaking out that's going on about it. It fucking sucks but Pace went all in 2-3 years ago and had to rework many contracts in his attempt to go for it but i think when he went 12-4 that convinced him that this team was very close and he made that decision to go all in. Now all those contract he had to rework are coming back to bite him in the ass just like it does with any team that goes all in.

I'm not gonna freak out until the offseason is over and i see what this team looks like. Lets see how he replaces K.Fuller, lets see how he replaces Hicks if he goes, lets see what else he does at QB and if Foles stays or gets traded or cut. I think we might already have Hicks' replacements with Nichols, Edwards and the guy we just signed.

Brownie

Liked Posts:

WE SHOULD WANT THIS.

They're gonna extend these guys and tell us that they need more time to rebuild the roster.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
The truly sad part is that Pace is legitimately trying to do B but due to his mental retardation is actually doing A.

I agree, it doesn't look good. But with some serious luck plan B might work.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
2-14 won't happen. The worst case scenario is probably likely--a team that might sneak into the 7th seed and the status quo repeats itself. You are living in the Twilight Zone

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
2-14 won't happen. The worst case scenario is probably likely--a team that might sneak into the 7th seed and the status quo repeats itself. You are living in the Twilight Zone
Absolutely no way with the way the roster is currently structured do I see this team sneaking into the playoffs. I know we still have the draft, but no rookies are going to elevate this team that much. Dalton is a turnover machine and with the defense regressing, I just don't see them squeaking out some of the wins that they did this season.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
Absolutely no way with the way the roster is currently structured do I see this team sneaking into the playoffs. I know we still have the draft, but no rookies are going to elevate this team that much. Dalton is a turnover machine and with the defense regressing, I just don't see them squeaking out some of the wins that they did this season.

It will happen because you fear it will happen. Just like Iowa losing to a 15seed.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It will happen because you fear it will happen. Just like Iowa losing to a 15seed.
I could see Iowa losing to a 15 seed over the Bears making the playoffs next year lol

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

I can always dream...

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I can always dream...
Dreaming for a 2-14 season is lame AF, but I see other teams do it and then they luck into some HOF QB talent. I think about the Colts. Had Peyton Manning for years, one season with Curtis Painter and then drafted Andrew Luck. Why can't the Bears be this team?

BaBaBlacksheep

Half Mod.
Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Dreaming for a 2-14 season is lame AF, but I see other teams do it and then they luck into some HOF QB talent. I think about the Colts. Had Peyton Manning for years, one season with Curtis Painter and then drafted Andrew Luck. Why can't the Bears be this team?

No, it's historically how you get the best shot at good QB's.

HoosierDaddy

Liked Posts:
I just don't see plan B happening. We have the 3rd most difficult strength of schedule this year. Other than Dalton the offense is unchanged. So far, The D line is forced to find rotational guys to replace RRH and Urban and maybe Hicks. Need to replace a starting CB. SS TBD, Bush is serviceable at best. Nickel TBD. A lot of holes to fill with not a lot of cap space to use. How many starters are you going to find in the draft? I just don't see it all magically coming together this year.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears

WE SHOULD WANT THIS.

see that is where I am at which is why I'm kicking back and laughing at all the people raging.

I can see what they're trying to do and I have no idea if it'll work but I understand the logic behind it.

They're going to make the Bears have a modern offense or die trying. And if they do die trying based on the moves they're making, the death is going to be something entertaining and spectacular.

So either way this bear season I am entertained.

And on top of it because pace has gotten some draft picks right, the cupboard will not be completely bare for whoever's next. There's some good young talent to work with on this team.

So I am nero right now, playing my fiddle as the world burns and having a grand ole time.

Because either way this season goes, I as a Bears fan win in the end...

At least until they hire the next incompetent GM...