Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
2.) DeShone Kizer, 21, Notre Dame — While many Notre Dame quarterbacks have proved to be overrated entering the NFL Draft — perhaps a byproduct of their collegiate surroundings and successes — Kizer is a case of the opposite. He’s being vastly underrated because of the failures his Fighting Irish faced in 2016.

Kizer wasn’t to blame for Notre Dame’s dismal 4-8 season. Those were the failures of his head coach and a poor surrounding cast, which in turn forced Kizer to press. Kizer was forced into a poor situation, and his NFL stock took a hit.

But don’t be mistaken: Kizer would be an excellent fit for the Bears or any other team. He has NFL size and boasts a strong arm and quick feet. He has all the tools needed to be successful as a starter at the next level.

One thing that goes unnoticed about Kizer last season, is that while ND had a down year, and as Emma states above Kizer was forced to press, his turnovers didn't increase as we have seen with the likes of Cutler.

21 TD - Pass
10 TD - Run
10 INT
5 Fumble

24 TD - Pass
7 TD - Run
8 INT
0 Fumbles

Having a QB that can manage the game and his turnovers even in the face of adversity, with considerable upside wouldn't be so bad.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
"I asked a high-level NFL source whose team is set at quarterback about the best quarterback in the draft. He picked Watson, citing his ability to lead. Bears coach John Fox would agree, listing leadership as one of his top traits at the quarterback position."

Interesting. Goes well with Pace's comments about wanting someone with big credentials who can elevate a program.

I'm not going to let myself get too hopeful.

Smokey Robinson

Liked Posts:
I have the same top 3 but also ordered differently. I don't view Cousins as a realistic option or my top 5 would be the same.

Viciousjay

Liked Posts:
I'm going to have to say no to Cousins, he will be asking for Cutler $$$ if he hits the FA/

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
2.) DeShone Kizer, 21, Notre Dame — While many Notre Dame quarterbacks have proved to be overrated entering the NFL Draft — perhaps a byproduct of their collegiate surroundings and successes — Kizer is a case of the opposite. He’s being vastly underrated because of the failures his Fighting Irish faced in 2016.

Kizer wasn’t to blame for Notre Dame’s dismal 4-8 season. Those were the failures of his head coach and a poor surrounding cast, which in turn forced Kizer to press. Kizer was forced into a poor situation, and his NFL stock took a hit.

But don’t be mistaken: Kizer would be an excellent fit for the Bears or any other team. He has NFL size and boasts a strong arm and quick feet. He has all the tools needed to be successful as a starter at the next level.

One thing that goes unnoticed about Kizer last season, is that while ND had a down year, and as Emma states above Kizer was forced to press, his turnovers didn't increase as we have seen with the likes of Cutler.

21 TD - Pass
10 TD - Run
10 INT
5 Fumble

24 TD - Pass
7 TD - Run
8 INT
0 Fumbles

Having a QB that can manage the game and his turnovers even in the face of adversity, with considerable upside wouldn't be so bad.

Weird thing about Kizer. He didn't have many multi-INT games, but he threw INTs in 15 of the 23 games he started. Only had back-to-back 0 INT games twice in his career with Wake Forest and Navy being the 2nd game of those.

Sagbear

Liked Posts:
We wont know who Pace covets until he picks a QB.

You ask 5 people who the best QB from this class will be and you'll get 5 different answers and no one knows the answer.

My top

1a. Mitch Trubisky
1b. Deshaun Watson
2. Patrick Mahomes
3. Kizer
4. Webb
5a. Peterman
5b. Kaaya

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weird thing about Kizer. He didn't have many multi-INT games, but he threw INTs in 15 of the 23 games he started. Only had back-to-back 0 INT games twice in his career with Wake Forest and Navy being the 2nd game of those.

Certainly the numbers would have to be put into context. How often? What part of the game? Final drives? I haven't watched enough ND games to get a good feel for his 2 years.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
1A Kizer - Got the measurables. Does he impress Bears enough with interviews and workouts to go with him even with a forgettable 16 ND season.

1B Watson- Honestly these two flipflop for me constantly. In football winning is everything..and that is all this kid does.

2 Garropolo - Wouldn't mind it, but don't trust Belichick, and most importantly don't trust the nitwit bear management to do anything right

3 Trubisky

4 Mahomes

5 Cousins

PeterMbangala

Liked Posts:
1A Kizer - Got the measurables. Does he impress Bears enough with interviews and workouts to go with him even with a forgettable 16 ND season.

1B Watson- Honestly these two flipflop for me constantly. In football winning is everything..and that is all this kid does.

2 Garropolo - Wouldn't mind it, but don't trust Belichick, and most importantly don't trust the nitwit bear management to do anything right

3 Trubisky

4 Mahomes

5 Cousins

I've seen Cousins this low on a number of lists and I just don't get it. He's thrown for 9000 yards in two seasons.

Adipost

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love Kizer, but Cousins is the obvious #1.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Can't wait until after the combine. There won't be a complete consensus but it will get a bit more sorted. I personally would rather have JG than Cousins and simply don't want him what he'd cost. He's going to get tagged and I feel that while he's a starter, he's overrated.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
1. Kirk Cousins
2. Mitch Trubisky at #3
3. Jimmy Garoppollo for #36 and a conditional 3rd round pick next year that can become a 2nd if Jimmy reaches certain statistical milestones
4. Kaaya at #36

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Cousins would be #1 but won't happen.

1. Jimmy
2. Watson
3. Kizer
4. Trubisky
5. Mahomes
6. McCarron

After that I am going to be pissed and option 5 and 6 won't have me too happy.

Chicoman

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I've seen Cousins this low on a number of lists and I just don't get it. He's thrown for 9000 yards in two seasons.

You're right, he's a good QB, I guess I'm tired of retreads, which I do not consider Garroppolo to be since he has barely played. I have always been partial to guys that the Bears have drafted, and I want to see some success for the Bears drafting at the QB position.

Cousins should be higher, and I hope to god that Pace is considering all scenarios. this is just my personal preference.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If we could get Cousins for pick 1(3) I would have to think about it, and probably do it.

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
You have to be kidding me. If I am drafting a QB at 3, I want someone who has a chance to be a superstar. With Cousins, you already know his ceiling and it is a solid starter. Nothing more, nothing less.

I can get a QB with nearly a 3:1 TD interception ratio and 9000 yards the past two seasons who completes over 65% of his passes under the age of 30.

Or I can have a college player who hasnt proven a thing at the NFL level.

I know which option I am taking.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I can get a QB with nearly a 3:1 TD interception ratio and 9000 yards the past two seasons who completes over 65% of his passes under the age of 30.

Or I can have a college player who hasnt proven a thing at the NFL level.

I know which option I am taking.

Me too. Watson.