Emmanuel Ogbah is....

Liked Posts:
.....Far & away my favorite defensive line/Outside Linebacker, & overall defensive prospect in the 2016 draft class. IMO at 6'4" @ 275 pounds this kid is a punisher that's for absolute real that I certainly believe is force & core player & presence that the Bears defense has clearly lacked for a few years now on the defense. I have to say that seeing a DE/OLB/edge rusher of Ogbah's magnitude is a complete breath of fresh, in light of all of these trendy, tweener lightweight hybrid LEO Edge rushers that very often struggle against the running game, & yet have still pretty much become the norm for NFL edge rushers.

Ogbah on the other hand is a bull, that appears as though the game comes to naturally at multiple positions such as DE/DT in a 4-3, & OLB/DE/NT in a 3-4 defense. Ogbah is not a quick twitch D lineman but he still has excellent speed & quickness similar to that of a fast LB, along with raw power & good technique that he uses to bully aroung opposing O-linemen. The kid can do it all, rush the passer, bend the edge, chase & scrape, log gaps, drop into coverage in open space, play from 2 & 3 point stances, & as well as lock down the play. On top of Ogbahs speed & raw power, his pass rushing technique appears to improve by the game.

Ogbah is a man among boys on the field, & is what I've always viewed as a cornerstone type player that a GM builds one side of the team around. Ogbah is going to produce in multiple ways as a versatile front 7 defender. He's going to get plenty of sacks, TFLs, FF's, & tackles. He'll bend the edge as a 5 Tech, or shoot the gap as a 3 tech, or Zero out & line up Headup on the Nose to clog or bull rush his way into the pocket. He'll pass rush & run defend off the edge with the best of them from a both a 2 or 3 point stance from any formation, & he'll consistently drop back into a 10 yard hook or flat zone. This kid could play every position on the front 7 in Fangios defense.

Man I really wish to see both DE/OLB - Ogbah & QB - Cody Kessler in Bears uniforms for 2016 & beyond. IMO both players are exactly what the Bears need at the core of each side of the ball to build around moving forward.

In a nutshell, Ogbah is what happens on the rare occasion of when a smart, versatile, skilled defender is also blessed with the imposing physical strength of a massive goon like Oakman.

I certainly do believe that Ogbah is going places at the pro level. Hopefully it's Chicago for both him & Kessler.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EFEoaUJar4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_0-n60BYD4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glzivEd-Msg

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
It's kinda cool that we have a college football player that posts on these boards.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
WTF man. We are still dealing with shin problems and you bring up next year's draft?

Newblood

Liked Posts:
Father... That you?

tumblr_n74r1pUmcT1s6w6foo1_500.gif

Liked Posts:
WTF man. We are still dealing with shin problems and you bring up next year's draft?

I still cannot get my head around drafting a WR at #7 in a draft deep with WR talent, instead of a 3-4 OLB or D-lineman when they pretty much had the pick of the litter to choose from for edge rushers. This team has had no worth while foundation to build off on both the defensive front 7 & O-Line/QB for a couple years now, yet the GMs are pissing away first round picks on position players like good but not great Cornerbacks who can only off cover, & get steamrolled when they try to press, along with this years first round GEM WR with one whole year of playing under his belt. This team is a mess.

Yeah, I admit it, this team already makes me want to think ahead

Larsonite

Guacamole Taco
Liked Posts:

What's wrong with you? Guy makes a football thread and you bash him. Meanwhile, you're making troll threads to start drama. What a douche!

ruprecht

Bills Board Hall of Famer
Donator
Liked Posts:
I thought that was the guy who punched Geno. Oops.

Omeletpants

Save America
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Colorado Rockies
  1. Atlanta United FC
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  2. Orlando Magic
  3. Phoenix Suns
  4. Sacramento Kings
  1. Columbus Blue Jackets
What's wrong with you? Guy makes a football thread and you bash him. Meanwhile, you're making troll threads to start drama. What a douche!
And how are your shins?

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
Believe me when I say Kessler is one of the most overrated players in college football.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
All this means is Kessler didn't play well against biff's beloved sun devils.

No it means he's USC QB who are hyped up be every analyst in the country and then promptly bomb in the NFL. Matt Leinart, Mark Sanchez JD Booty and Matt Barkley. The last decade of USC QBs have been a fucking joke and even Carson Palmer has been mediocre at best. Steve Sarkisian hasn't developed an NFL level QB and there's no reason to believe he will.

rawdawg

Liked Posts:
I thought I liked Ogbah, but then I really watched a lot of him. I wanted to like him because of his size, strength, and production, but he just doesn't strike me as a guy with elite edge potential. He isn't very quick, whether off the snap or in general. I can't see him covering anyone as an OLB. And he's not an edge bender at all. Not a bad player, but I see him more as a 6-8 sack guy than a double digit sack artist. Had 11 sacks last year, including 2 vs. Jameis Winston, but I believe he was unblocked on both. He seemed to get "easy" sacks, for whatever that's worth.

He looks like a prototype 4-3 DE, which obviously the Bears don't run anymore. But I don't think he's that good of a run defender. Doesn't use his hands very well and struggles to disengage. I have him as a late 1, early 2.

I think better fits for the Bears 3-4 D would be guys like Curt Maggitt from Tennessee, Dadi Nicolas from VA Tech, and Jordan Jenkins from Georgia. These guys are probably in the same range, but I think they fit better, especially given the size the Bears have already at the edge w/ Houston and McPhee.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I thought I liked Ogbah, but then I really watched a lot of him. I wanted to like him because of his size, strength, and production, but he just doesn't strike me as a guy with elite edge potential. He isn't very quick, whether off the snap or in general. I can't see him covering anyone as an OLB. And he's not an edge bender at all. Not a bad player, but I see him more as a 6-8 sack guy than a double digit sack artist. Had 11 sacks last year, including 2 vs. Jameis Winston, but I believe he was unblocked on both. He seemed to get "easy" sacks, for whatever that's worth.

He looks like a prototype 4-3 DE, which obviously the Bears don't run anymore. But I don't think he's that good of a run defender. Doesn't use his hands very well and struggles to disengage. I have him as a late 1, early 2.

I think better fits for the Bears 3-4 D would be guys like Curt Maggitt from Tennessee, Dadi Nicolas from VA Tech, and Jordan Jenkins from Georgia. These guys are probably in the same range, but I think they fit better, especially given the size the Bears have already at the edge w/ Houston and McPhee.

Good stuff here always appreciate back and forth like dislike discussion.