End of an Era

mecha

Liked Posts:
The fact that you know about Abe Gibron tells me u know something about Bear history. (y)

So Nick Foles. Yep you're correct. Foles was worth nothing in the market. There's a deeper reason. I'm sure u would agree based on your knowledge of Bear history. We don't develop Qb's. We've had a history of finding good Hb's, not Qb's. We seem to have a history of bringing in
garbage / substandard Qb's from other teams. We rarely draft and develop Qb's i.e. homegrown.

From back in the day, ya look at the Patriots Jim Plunkett. He didn't work out so they traded Plunkett and drafted Steve Grogan. While Grogan was there, they drafted Matt Cavanaugh, Then laterTony Eason. Fast forward to Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe was traded to the Bils. But they kept reloading at the Qb position with Brady. Along the way, the Pats groomed different Qb's Brissett (they traded him to the Colts), Matt Cassell (traded to the Chiefs),Garoppolo was ultimately traded. Now they've got Jones.

So the point to all this is we haven't valued the Qb position. We don't continue to reload at Qb. We take other teams discarded Qb's. Heck Jim McMahon ( we were able to trade him), Jim Harbaugh ( we got nothing for Harbaugh, who signed with the Colts) and now Fields ( hopefully this staff will develop him)....... are the best Qb's I can remember us drafting and grooming. Maybe all this Qb devaluement will change in the near future.

Side note: Even poor Gibron wasn't given a good Qb. Bobby Douglas was fun to watch as he ran over players, but he was a below avg, Qb And John Huarte was somebodys cast off. Qb GaryHuff was a fail.
this was supposed to be Ryan Pace's strategy... drafting quarterbacks every year.

what does it say when the alleged offensive mastermind Matt Nagy won't work with the starting quarterback that the team had to spend like 12 picks to obtain (moving from #3 to #2, of course)? it says to me that they're not going to make any of those hypothetical drafted quarterbacks worth anything.

the way the Patriots do that is probably the reason they get like 20 comp picks a year. (estimated, obviously)

KittiesKorner

CCS Donator
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
when was ryan pace's strategy to draft a quarterback every year? that was the old gb gm's strategy