Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
I love how it says they decided to allow him to find a new home instead of looking for a trade partner, when it's pretty obvious he intentionally waited until after the draft since he thought he might be able to deal him for picks.

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
right and we gotta stop doing that. Same thing happened with Trubs. I've always said .....we should take the G.B. - N.E. approach to Qb development. If he's not gonna be a starter, get something for him.

You need to quit parroting this stupid shit.

GB since drafting Rodgers:
Love
Hundley
Coleman
Brohm
Martin

What did they get for them? Fucking nothing.

NE drafts since Brady:
Jones
Stidham
Etling
Brisset
Jimmy = 2nd round pick
Mallet
Robinson
O'Connell
Cassel = 2nd round pick
Kingsbury
Davey

So, they got 2 2nds for the investment of a 1st, a 2nd, 3 3rds, 2 4ths, a 6th, and 3 7ths.

The NE and GB approach is throwing away picks on garbage left and right, is that the point you're trying to make? Way to go Run and Shit.

Heidenlarm

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love how it says they decided to allow him to find a new home instead of looking for a trade partner, when it's pretty obvious he intentionally waited until after the draft since he thought he might be able to deal him for picks.
Yeah, how in the hell was that classy?

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini

Love
Hundley
Coleman
Brohm
Martin

NE drafts since Brady:
Jones
Stidham
Etling
Brisset
Jimmy = 2nd round pick
Mallet
Robinson
O'Connell
Cassel = 2nd round pick
Kingsbury
Davey

So, they got 2 2nds for the investment of a 1st, a 2nd, 3 3rds, 2 4ths, a 6th, and 3 7ths.

The NE and GB approach is throwing away picks on garbage left and right, is that the point you're trying to make? Way to go Run and Shit.

>>>personal attack>>#9

T-Shit.....
you can go Run and Eat Shit. Then....Freeze it and jam up azz. Now GFO

Last edited:

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
Did you walk away from the keyboard between edits?

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
>>>personal attack>>#9

T-Shit.....
you can go Run and Eat Shit. Then....Freeze it and jam up azz. Now GFO

So, no comment about the wasting of picks on QBs by teams that areleady had gernerational talent in place?

Absolutely nothing about the position?

You're just angry that you're know as "run and shit?" You're welcome.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
So, no comment about the wasting of picks on QBs by teams that areleady had gernerational talent in place?

Absolutely nothing about the position?

You're just angry that you're know as "run and shit?" You're welcome.
initiated personal attack>>#9

...2nd initiated, unprovoked personal attack, #14

T-shit,

Actually, you and ur mom are known to enjoy being filmed while having shit dumped on ya and swallowed

Last edited:

Tjodalv

Discoverer of Dragosaurs
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
initiated personal attack>>#9
...2nd initiated, unprovoked personal attack, #14

T-shit,

Actually, you and ur mom are known to enjoy being filmed while having shit dumped on ya and swallowed

Let's try this again:
Love
Hundley
Coleman
Brohm
Martin

NE drafts since Brady:
Jones
Stidham
Etling
Brisset
Jimmy = 2nd round pick
Mallet
Robinson
O'Connell
Cassel = 2nd round pick
Kingsbury
Davey

The NE and GB approach is throwing away picks on garbage left and right, is that the point you're trying to make?

You really have no cogent argument, do you? Just whiny bullshit about your name?

Please, explain what the awesome GB/NE drafting theory that you've "always said" accomplished. Oh, right, just a ton of wasted picks...same as the Bears drafting garbage QBs just as often.

Last edited:

mecha

Liked Posts:

Love
Hundley
Coleman
Brohm
Martin

NE drafts since Brady:
Jones
Stidham
Etling
Brisset
Jimmy = 2nd round pick
Mallet
Robinson
O'Connell
Cassel = 2nd round pick
Kingsbury
Davey

I see your point, but it's probably worth noting that those Packer and Patriots teams have been consistently competitive since forever with Rodgers and when they had Brady (respectively) and have Super Bowl wins. meaning they didn't have gaping holes in personnel across the team, and they could blow those picks on projects if they so chose. the Patriots are also notorious for getting mass quantities of comp picks because Belichick knows how to deal players when they have peak value or they're on the way to diminishing returns due to age or something.

the Bears are an entirely different scenario where they make the playoffs like twice a decade and maybe win one of the games, and the 2020s already aren't looking too great. they're also apparently always in the midst of some rebuild. it extends back to 4 previous coaching staffs. I can't say the Packer and Patriots "approach" is like the death knell or something. and was it Belichick or was it Brady? that team turned to rapid shit after Brady left, I think that's an easy equation to figure out.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
Anthother Qb we get nothing for
Who was going to trade for Nick Foles?

The fact that you know about Abe Gibron tells me u know something about Bear history. (y)

So Nick Foles. Yep you're correct. Foles was worth nothing in the market. There's a deeper reason. I'm sure u would agree based on your knowledge of Bear history. We don't develop Qb's. We've had a history of finding good Hb's, not Qb's. We seem to have a history of bringing in
garbage / substandard Qb's from other teams. We rarely draft and develop Qb's i.e. homegrown.

From back in the day, ya look at the Patriots Jim Plunkett. He didn't work out so they traded Plunkett and drafted Steve Grogan. While Grogan was there, they drafted Matt Cavanaugh, Then laterTony Eason. Fast forward to Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe was traded to the Bils. But they kept reloading at the Qb position with Brady. Along the way, the Pats groomed different Qb's Brissett (they traded him to the Colts), Matt Cassell (traded to the Chiefs),Garoppolo was ultimately traded. Now they've got Jones.

So the point to all this is we haven't valued the Qb position. We don't continue to reload at Qb. We take other teams discarded Qb's. Heck Jim McMahon ( we were able to trade him), Jim Harbaugh ( we got nothing for Harbaugh, who signed with the Colts) and now Fields ( hopefully this staff will develop him)....... are the best Qb's I can remember us drafting and grooming. Maybe all this Qb devaluement will change in the near future.

Side note: Even poor Gibron wasn't given a good Qb. Bobby Douglas was fun to watch as he ran over players, but he was a below avg, Qb And John Huarte was somebodys cast off. Qb GaryHuff was a fail.

Last edited:

abegibronlives

Liked Posts:
The fact that you know about Abe Gibron tells me u know something about Bear history. (y)

So Nick Foles. Yep you're correct. Foles was worth nothing in the market. There's a deeper reason. I'm sure u would agree based on your knowledge of Bear history. We don't develop Qb's. We've had a history of finding good Hb's, not Qb's. We seem to have a history of bringing in
garbage / substandard Qb's from other teams. We rarely draft and develop Qb's i.e. homegrown.

From back in the day, ya look at the Patriots Jim Plunkett. He didn't work out so they traded Plunkett and drafted Steve Grogan. While Grogan was there, they drafted Matt Cavanaugh, Then laterTony Eason. Fast forward to Drew Bledsoe. Bledsoe was traded to the Bils. But they kept reloading at the Qb position with Brady. Along the way, the Pats groomed different Qb's Brissett (they traded him to the Colts), Matt Cassell (traded to the Chiefs),Garoppolo was ultimately traded. Now they've got Jones.

So the point to all this is we haven't valued the Qb position. We don't continue to reload at Qb. We take other teams discarded Qb's. Heck Jim McMahon ( we were able to trade him), Jim Harbaugh ( we got nothing for Harbaugh, who signed with the Colts) and now Fields ( hopefully this staff will develop him)....... are the best Qb's I can remember us drafting and grooming. Maybe all this Qb devaluement will change in the near future.

Side note: Even poor Gibron wasn't given a good Qb. Bobby Douglas was fun to watch as he ran over players, but he was a below avg, Qb And John Huarte was somebodys cast off. Qb GaryHuff was a fail.
1651876160563.png

A running back masquerading as a quarterback....

Ah, the good ol' days.