LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, (a), it was new to me, (
<
, it takes potshots at organized religion, which needs to happen more often, and (c), the gratuitous use of the word "Verklempt".

Talk amongst yourselves.

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Whoops. Forgot the "an". takes potshots at an organized religion.

Kinda changes the concept.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Not sure if it is a pot shot at an organized religion or just ignorance on the part of the sign maker/sign placer...but yea this one is not so new, but has made a resurgance as of late and does give me a bit of a chuckle.

In any case not all Jew's follow the "do not eat non-split hooved animals" law. Had a great pork roast the Saturday after Thanksgiving at a good friend of mine and several of his friends who are all Jewish and do practice. Some just realize that the issues of the past just do not apply to today.

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
Not sure if it is a pot shot at an organized religion or just ignorance on the part of the sign maker/sign placer...but yea this one is not so new, but has made a resurgance as of late and does give me a bit of a chuckle.

In any case not all Jew's follow the "do not eat non-split hooved animals" law. Had a great pork roast the Saturday after Thanksgiving at a good friend of mine and several of his friends who are all Jewish and do practice. Some just realize that the issues of the past just do not apply to today.

My Jewish neighbor eats bacon. Loves it. His reasoning? It's bacon, not pork.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:

Ah, the debate that could be sparked by part time believers.

jason.gif

LordKOTL

Scratched for Vorobiev
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Portland Timbers
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, technically many catholics still consider themselves catholic even though their idea of meatless friday is baby back ribs instead of the t-bone. I still find it funny.

Anyhow, I wonder if it was really a glaring error or a prank.

BiscuitintheBasket

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Unfortunately too many look at religion (or anti-religion), and those that follow/practice strictly as a black or white scenario...in that one is either 100% "perfect" whatever or 100% the other direction. Reality shows that it is quite, quite gray. Some really just prefer the general message of whatever they believe (religion or non-religion), over being 100% "perfect". And being 100% "perfect" does not make one less of whatever their stance is. Black or white perception is almost always the root of why religion is such a taboo topic because the sides usually just ignore each other because only one is "right".

In any case, as I stated earlier the general absurdity, based on perception, of the mislabel makes me chuckle.

/end rant.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nothing says funny like a group of orthodox Jews slammin' down some fall-off-the-bone ribs, then licking each other's fingers.